ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jul 19, 2011.

1. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

We leave tomorrow and I've officially finished all the packing, yard work, house work, errands, laundry... I'm probably forgetting something:scratchin, but nonetheless, I can now peruse the DIS with impunity and wish my fellow travelers a safe and fun-filled vacation:goodvibes (Oh, and please don't clog-up the passing lane on 95;))

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mary T in PA

Mary T in PA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Yes, you get lei'd upon arrival. :)

4. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

I hope you have a great time and I can't wait for your live trip reports.

5. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

I'm almost with u, I've done it all except nails--which will be tomorrow and carwash before leaving Friday morning. Yard, pets taken care of, oil changed, laundry, cameras, batteries and flip video camera, car/phone chargers, gps, ADR's --all but my laptop which will be last thing packed!:banana::dance3: Have a safe, exciting trip to the world, If I knew how you looked I might see you around! Are you wearing anything Dis'?:wizard:

6. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

:lmao::rotfl:

7. WDWKOOK

Thank you! After five nights at the WL, we'll check-in to the Poly next Friday for 7 nights. I'll start posting then:surfweb:

OK, you're almost there:thumbsup2:goodvibes

DD and I got the nails done yesterday (Did you know that crackle polish is an additional overcharge? I just found out:sad2:).

Isn't charging everything and finding/packing all the chargers an awful task? We're bringing two MacBooks, two phones, an iPad, two cameras and DD's Touch and DSi and I have a huge bag just full of cords:scared1:

Are you CL? If so, maybe I'll see you in the lounge:confused3. I think our dates only overlap by one day though.

8. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

Yes, we check in Sat 23-29th Poly CL, let me know if you notice me in lounge-- I know I look like my pictures (some people don't) because someone who lurked last yr on here noticed me in lounge and said "hello", it was neat!:wizard: The cords are the worst, at least we can use one cell phone charger if we had to for all phones. I have nice camera, dsi & ds, flip, 3 laptops and 4 cellphones, ipod, hands free ear-piece and I'm sure I forgot to list something! Oh yeah, dvd's for tv's in SUV!:confused3

9. WDWKOOK

Can't you watch the DVDs on the laptop? Maybe I'll see you when we check-in on the 29th - we have a long drive from WL:laughing:

10. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Excellent new thread Guitarob - THANK YOU!

11. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

Yes, but tv's are built in car, so might as well watch them, computers will be in back of car.;)

12. Disneymama5816

Disneymama5816 DIS Veteran

We will be there Aug 30 - Sep 2. We will be a party of 5!! Hope to see you there!!!

13. Disneymama5816

Disneymama5816 DIS Veteran

Have fun down there fellow No VA'er. Great day to leave as it is cooler down there than here!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!:goodvibes

14. ajh88

ajh88 DIS Veteran

Ah, I'm so happy the new thread got started - fantastic as always! I lurk around here and salivate over pictures most of the time but since my dream trip is actually about to become reality (seriously, we leave in 12 days!!!!!), I figured I'd read through the most current info a little more closely! ;)

We are staying TPV for 9 nights...I'm so excited! We actually also went completely insane and threw in a Platinum night in the middle. I know, it isn't the most economical way to do it, but we were already planning on doing a lot of the activities anyway. My BIL is a CM, so we are surprising him with a "tourist for the weekend" itinerary. He is going to be joining us for all of our Platinum adventures - I can't wait to see the look on his face!!

We are spending one pre-Poly day at Universal (probably Royal Pacific since it is least expensive!) to do early entry WWoHP - DD chose that over Discovery Cove for this trip and I'm secretly happy she changed her mind. :goodvibes We're packing in a lot to the trip, but what I look forward to most is watching the fireworks on a regular basis from the Poly. I'm afraid I will be spoiled and never want to return to my previous days at AS Sports.

I am ordering something tomorrow - when I called a couple of weeks ago, the girl said they like at least a one week notice. She said that they usually don't deliver the first day of your stay but can come any day after check-in day. I believe she said that you specify a timeframe (ideally one in which you will be gone for at least a couple of hours) and they set it up at some point during those hours. She said some take only a few minutes while others take a full 2 hours. I think you could probably order it any time you want ahead of time, but I didn't ask about that. Have fun!

15. princssdisnygina

princssdisnygina Disney Princess

LOL... well you definitely won't want to return to All Star but hey, if you do... you are still at Disney right? :confused3 That is what I tell myself when I don't get to stay at the Poly too. :sad2:

When you say you threw in a Platinum night.... how did you do that? I assume you had to book different reservations? I mean I had thought about doing that but didn't want to do the whole week of platinum!

16. kaysmommie

kaysmommie DIS Veteran

Looks like there are quite a few of us from this thread going to Poly/Disney next weekend:cool1: We check in the 29th also, staying until August 7th. Not staying Club level though as it was sold out when our travel agent booked our trip. I have just over a week to get the packing and all of those fun jobs you mentioned done :laundy: I just wanted to say have a safe drive. Awesome that you're staying at two of our favorite resorts in one trip, WL and Poly!! We loved Beach Club last year but are very excited to be going back Polynesian this year!

17. BreezysMom

BreezysMom DIS Veteran

Awesome Job as usual Rob :thumbsup2

I cannot believe that we are already 5 pages into this thread and I am just arriving! Truely the best thread on the DIS :goodvibes

Welcome to all the new Poly lovers :welcome: We love pictures and reviews popcorn::

I have not seen you in a while? Where have you been? I have had some strangers come do our safety checks ;)

I am still waiting for the first posting of an actual Poly LSSSG member using a spork on a Lapu Lapu :confused3 I am waiting people!! :lmao:

18. kaysmommie

kaysmommie DIS Veteran

Thank you for the advice. I booked a photo session today for our Spirit of Aloha night. That photopass picture of your family in front of the castle is awesome! We always get photopass for the reason you mentioned, it's never the 4 of us. But our castle picture has been bad every year :laughing:. I think I will still order the photo pass CD though. The pic of your kids on the hammock is adorable too!

19. oceangirl

oceangirl Mouseketeer

Wow- a whole new thread - this is what happens when you don't check in for a few days!! :rotfl2: Thank you Guitarob! :goodvibes

20. webcreatrix

webcreatrix Mouseketeer

Subbing - only 3.5 weeks until our first stay!:love:

21. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

This reminds me! My "Spork on 'Roids" (a.k.a. the ancient grapefruit spoon pilfered from my parents) needs to be put up in the "packing room" -- maybe I should post a picture of it? I'll definitely be getting a picture of it mangling the innards of a Lapu Lapu this September. :lmao::lmao: