ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

About 60 days out from our trip to the Poly, does the volcano pool slide have a height restriction? Thanks!

Hello everyone from the Poly! Checked in yesterday morning with some issues. First we pull up and let them know we are CL and they just leave us standing there, I finally went to valet and she tells me to check in at GCH, I tell her no we are CL someone has to take us over to Hawaii LH, she tells me no our room probably isn't ready! Finally we go into GCH let them know what's going on and they walk us over. Barbie is there to check us in but makes several snide comments about us being there at 730. I point out to her our reservation states we would be there at 7, she pulls it up and sees it was. I tell her what happened out at the curb, she says she will take care of it, gives us leis and buttons tells me that she will text we when room is ready. 2 PM still nothing but we are tired so head back from MK, walk in and ask her about our room and Barbie says oh your room was ready when you left! Ok... Go to room and the door won't even shut! My DH at this point is upset calls for a manager, who tells him that he has been receiving complaint about this from other guests but looks and Barbie never noted or spoke to anyone about that morning! He moves us to another room in the Hawaii LH. TPV! Perfect gorgeous view! At that point bell services brings luggage we reaize DS raybans are in old room go to Concierge and Shannon at the desk tells us she is alone but wen she can she will check personally. Hour and a half later we ask her and she tells us they weren't there!!! DS left them on the side table before we knew we were being moved and we let them know immediately so DH has another call into the manager b/c they r too expensive to just give up on. MK several rides were down but they got them back up soon. DH had pixie dusted roses and with black feathers a bracelet and chocolate covered strawberries delivered, I cried b/c I wasn't expecting it! We had dinner at Ohana and did EMH at MK afterwards, trying to get back with monorail shut down for EMH was a nightmare! LOl, lesson learned. Today HS and Cape May!

Oh no!!! The only thing I can say is that hopefully this is the worst that happens and everything can only go up from here.

We are 48 days out & I wish I could be doing a happy dance, but DH's work hasn't/won't yet approve his vacation. :scared1: He is insisting that I still go with the kids if he can't come. I can't imagine having a good time without him, it will be so disappointing. We are supposed to be celebrating our 10th anniversary and DH's birthday is during this trip. Really needing some pixie dust right about now. :sad1:

Sending pixie dust pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
We are also leaving in just over a month and it is for our 10 year anniversary and my birthday. I am so glad I was able to get the time off of work so here's to sending some of that pixiedust to you too!

Hi everyone! We just got back last night from our first stay at the Poly. We were at WDW from Aug 26-Sept 4. Our last 4 nights were at the Poly CL. Our Poly stay was wonderful and we now have a new favorite resort! :cloud9: The room was great and clean and we got towel animals each day. We got our request of a 3rd floor room. Half our view was blocked by that giant tree, but from the other half of our balcony we had a gorgeous view of the quiet pool. Most of the CM's were very friendly. The pools were great. The wristbanding seemed to be hit & miss. We really loved the atmosphere of the resort and loved being able to watch Wishes! We ate at Ohana and Kona and both were excellent. IDK if we'd do club level again, we just didn't really think it was worth the extra money.

I will do a full report with lots of pictures later in the week. :goodvibes

Hi everyone! We just got back last night from our first stay at the Poly. We were at WDW from Aug 26-Sept 4. Our last 4 nights were at the Poly CL. Our Poly stay was wonderful and we now have a new favorite resort! :cloud9: The room was great and clean and we got towel animals each day. We got our request of a 3rd floor room. Half our view was blocked by that giant tree, but from the other half of our balcony we had a gorgeous view of the quiet pool. Most of the CM's were very friendly. The pools were great. The wristbanding seemed to be hit & miss. We really loved the atmosphere of the resort and loved being able to watch Wishes! We ate at Ohana and Kona and both were excellent. IDK if we'd do club level again, we just didn't really think it was worth the extra money.

I will do a full report with lots of pictures later in the week. :goodvibes

I will look forward to reading it

Hello everyone from the Poly! Today HS and Cape May!

Good Afternoon bluejasmine. I hope today is better than yesterday, It has to be right? Relax, your finally there & in your room with gorgeous view, try to forget about yesterday's madness & enjoy!:hug:

We are 48 days out & I wish I could be doing a happy dance, but DH's work hasn't/won't yet approve his vacation. :scared1: He is insisting that I still go with the kids if he can't come. I can't imagine having a good time without him, it will be so disappointing. We are supposed to be celebrating our 10th anniversary and DH's birthday is during this trip. Really needing some pixie dust right about now. :sad1:

Don't worry he will! :wizard::cheer2:

Don't worry he will! :wizard::cheer2:

Thanks all for the pixie dust. Trying to feel optimistic, but after we booked the trip DH's company scheduled a planned maintenance outage. These are always accompanied by a vacation blackout because they want all hands on deck to get the outage done on time. They can make exceptions for special circumstances, but it's a case by case basis with no guarantee. :sad2:

Hit our 180 mark today!! :thumbsup2 Seems like forever away but at least my ADR's are all set. Plus .... when I went to work on flights through SW... I had to add a day to the trip to get our credits to work... oh darn! An extra day at the poly... what am I going to do :rotfl:

No, it does not. My DH is 6'3" and had no issues with the slide, except when he came down-- I yelled "Kids, move out of the way!" If your extremely tall, you can just lay back & your height shouldn't be a factor!:rotfl:

I just realized "DUH" you mean't for a child! I will look, I think I have a picture of slide rules! I will look and get back to you...

lol, yes, I was looking for minimum height, not max, but it is nice to know tall guys can fit too! I looked around for pool rules photos but I couldn't find it! :) Ty for looking :)

We are just about one month from returning to the Poly:goodvibes. Can anyone who has recently stayed CL report back on the CL offerings?

lol, yes, I was looking for minimum height, not max, but it is nice to know tall guys can fit too! I looked around for pool rules photos but I couldn't find it! :) Ty for looking :)

No minimum height either. DD5 went on it when she was 3 and she is on the tiny side. They just need to be old enough to go down the slide on their own. You will be allowed to have someone go up with them and send them down and have another person down below to help catch them.

I tried myself last year and was surprised at how fast it was, but my little tough girl handled it just fine. Mommy was a little shocked....:rolleyes1However, if there aren't too many witnesses I may do it again. :banana:

Hi All - We go to Disney World every year but this will be our first time at the Poly in about 5 years. Our first stay at the Poly was the year it opened - 1971 - we took our kids, ages 4 & 6. This year we are taking our granddaughter - age 9. We are really looking forward to our trip. Thanks for all the updated info. Can't wait!!! :dance3:

I love this!! How neat!

We are just about one month from returning to the Poly:goodvibes. Can anyone who has recently stayed CL report back on the CL offerings?

Just back yesterday. The morning offerings were cereal, fruit, bagels, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, juices. etc.

In the afternoon there was goldfish, gummy bears, trail mix, cookies, and either yogurt covered pretzels or yogurt covered raisins.

The evenings varied. There were things like pita bread and hummus, mini corn dogs, meatballs, carrots, cucumbers, pineapples, crackers and cheese, etc.

The late evening consisted of about 3 different tiny desserts and cookies -sometimes.

On more than one occasion they ran out of things - mostly the desserts/cookies at night and apparently when they run out they run out. There are no more. One night we got there about 9:40 and there was barely anything left so we asked if they had anything else and were told no.

I will be doing a full report soon with lots of CL pics!

No minimum height either. DD5 went on it when she was 3 and she is on the tiny side. They just need to be old enough to go down the slide on their own. You will be allowed to have someone go up with them and send them down and have another person down below to help catch them.

I tried myself last year and was surprised at how fast it was, but my little tough girl handled it just fine. Mommy was a little shocked....:rolleyes1However, if there aren't too many witnesses I may do it again. :banana:

Thanks! Now I know no one will be disappointed!

Thanks all for the pixie dust. Trying to feel optimistic, but after we booked the trip DH's company scheduled a planned maintenance outage. These are always accompanied by a vacation blackout because they want all hands on deck to get the outage done on time. They can make exceptions for special circumstances, but it's a case by case basis with no guarantee. :sad2:

I know how you feel, My dh work is extremely strict with vacay & days off. He is literally on call 24-7 except 2 weeks off a yr. So I do understand, I will be taking my first solo-Disney trip with kids in March! Anyone else going the third week of March?:thumbsup2

WOW, 21 yrs & I think 1yr is to long to wait! I'm excited for you, take time to enjoy the resort, you're paying a pretty penny, so relax & take it all in, preferably in a hammock on beach.:wizard:

Pretty penny indeed! The last time I went I was a teenager going on Mom and Dad's dime. You have a whole new appreciation when it's your own money. This is the first trip that I actually have time planned in our itinerary to just hang out at the resort, as we are usually at the parks from open to close. That hammock is calling to me! Thanks!

13 days for us too!! Advice: Really take in the resort when you are not in the parks!! I think that's part of what we love about the Poly - once you leave the parks and come back it's like your own little tropical paradise :goodvibes[/QUOTE

Are you counting the hours too? We are definitely planning on more relaxing time at the resort as opposed to other trips where we do nothing but parks. Have a great trip!

Pretty penny indeed! The last time I went I was a teenager going on Mom and Dad's dime. You have a whole new appreciation when it's your own money. This is the first trip that I actually have time planned in our itinerary to just hang out at the resort, as we are usually at the parks from open to close. That hammock is calling to me! Thanks!

:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter