ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

I completely understand!! Although I am closer than you it still seems SO far away! :sad2: However... we will be ticker envious of you when it is closer for you!! :goodvibes

You're alot closer..:hug:..Until then, I will be happy for all going soon & try to keep my ticker envy to a minimum!:flower3:

Aloha everyone!

So excited that we are now at the six day marker! I cannot believe it. So, so very excited about this trip. Besides celebrating our son's 16th birthday (a little early) we are celebrating our youngest daughter's 1st birthday. I just cannot wait to see the look on her face when she sees Mickey for the first time. Okay, now to just get through the rest of the week then "Aloha, Poly! And Mickey!" :goodvibes

Aloha everyone!

So excited that we are now at the six day marker! I cannot believe it. So, so very excited about this trip. Besides celebrating our son's 16th birthday (a little early) we are celebrating our youngest daughter's 1st birthday. I just cannot wait to see the look on her face when she sees Mickey for the first time. Okay, now to just get through the rest of the week then "Aloha, Poly! And Mickey!" :goodvibes

Aloha, I'm sure you are excited, I would be thrilled also! Six days will fly by. Happy birthday to both your children, wow, 16 & 1 :goodvibes. Have a blast and have your camera ready!:wizard:

Wishing all DISers with upcoming trips in the next few days good weather! Here in GA we have a rain forcast until late next week. Hard to be upset if it means a break in our hot temps and heat restrictions for our sports teams. Enjoy and remember all of us with triple digit tickers!
ETA: Oh my, didn't realize I was under the triple digit milestone! Whoo hoo, hooray for double digits!

Everyone's ticker looks better than mine. I remember my last trip July 2011, I thought how lucky I was, everyones "ticker jealous" and I felt sad for all the poor folks just happy to be under double digits, guess what, I'm not even one of those people (LOL), I'm triple digits..... I guess everyday is closer than yesterday.LOL!:rotfl:

It will come so quickly though! When I started planning this trip I was 7 months pregnant, and now I have a 5 month old. :eek: I can't believe how fast it has gone by.

Aloha, I'm sure you are excited, I would be thrilled also! Six days will fly by. Happy birthday to both your children, wow, 16 & 1 :goodvibes. Have a blast and have your camera ready!:wizard:

Thanks so much! I will definitely have my camera ready. :thumbsup2

P.S. I also definitely jealous of your Aulani trip! I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Wishing all DISers with upcoming trips in the next few days good weather! Here in GA we have a rain forcast until late next week. Hard to be upset if it means a break in our hot temps and heat restrictions for our sports teams. Enjoy and remember all of us with triple digit tickers!
ETA: Oh my, didn't realize I was under the triple digit milestone! Whoo hoo, hooray for double digits!

Remember us in the triple digits, boo hoo------hoo!:upsidedow Lol.....

Thanks Logpey! :thanks:

I can't get past my jealousy of your Aulani trip ;) :o :rotfl:

It will come so quickly though! When I started planning this trip I was 7 months pregnant, and now I have a 5 month old. :eek: I can't believe how fast it has gone by.

Thanks so much! I will definitely have my camera ready. :thumbsup2

P.S. I also definitely jealous of your Aulani trip! I'm sure it will be fantastic!

I'm very happy & fortunate to be going to Aulani! Also lucky I have other WDW wacko's(lol) to share my waiting time with.:grouphug:. Thx, I know it will go by fast, glad I take alot of little trips (Dallas, Arkansas) in between to keep me busy...especially since my sis just found out she's pregnant (Dallas)! Yay!! :woohoo: I also have everyones trips here to read about:thumbsup2.

definitely! For some reason when I click on the Disney site that shows my vacation it still has over 100 days....

I think you have to log in everyday for recent countdown to come up, thats what I had to do when I had a recent trip coming, boo hoo! Congrats under double digits, I will cheer when I am also, I will boo hoo till then, LOL!

My 500th post! I know that makes me a toddler compared to many, but I wanted the post to be on this thread. 18 days till the Poly again!!! Been a long 2 years. Thanks to my wonderful Prince Charming for taking me (and taking me again for a short Christmas visit), or I would not get back to the Poly till my kids all finish college!! Just got my Lines buttons in the mail. Time to start packing!

Finally doing "vacation laundry" today so I can sort out outfits for the kiddos and get them in ziplocs ready for the suitcase. Also going through my 'Disney bag' to see what I have (ponchos, glow sticks, etc)!!

2 weeks from now I'll be in Epcot for dinner and then Illuminations :cool1:

Hello everyone I am back from 12 glorious days at Poly and feeling the after disney depression! Had a great trip-requested Tokelau ground floor and got the building request but 3rd floor so we asked if there was anything on the 1st floor and they checked and said if we wanted to wait about an hour or 2 they would have one so we did.It is just easier with a stroller for me to be on the ground floor and I wanted some extra space for my ds to be able to play.We ate lunch and then the room was ready.We had a few problems with the room-the ceiling fan broke on the 2nd day and the lightbulb right above the mirror area was out but both were fixed after we called.My ds loved the ducks that came by our sliding glass door so much,I think it was his favorite part! We fed them alot of cheerios and they would come look in the glass throughout the day.We stayed at Poly for the first time last year and loved it so much we had extended the trip 2 days so I was a bit worried that this year wouldn't be as good but I am happy to say it was.We all had a great time and enjoyed ourselves.We are already planning next year!We did one of the disney Yes classes for my 10 yr old dd and it was good but we had problems with some of the castmembers getting into the parks because our tickets didn't require our fingerprint for the adults and we were questioned about it.Some knew about the youth education classes and some didn't-one guy was really nasty and when I told him the tix were bought through the yes program he said "SO".I said so these are the tickets they gave us and we have used them for a week already.Other than that I would do another class again.We ate at some great places-Flying fish and Shula's topped the list and Kona was great as usual.We also did Ohana again and usually I am the only one that really likes it but dh loved it this time and thought everything was tasty-my 20 month old ds ate his weight in noodles!Of course there are things that I wish I had more time to do(spend more time at the pool and have more mickey bars!)but I just keep saying that we have to go back next year to do them.I can't believe it is over already though!

Thank you so much for that mini trip report! POOHDRMR! I am leaving in 18 days and will not be happy with the PDD either, but ya gotta do the happy first!

A side note: when I checked my ticker yesterday and saw it in the teens, my heart jumped! That's a long way from over 400 days!

Thank you so much for that mini trip report! POOHDRMR! I am leaving in 18 days and will not be happy with the PDD either, but ya gotta do the happy first!

A side note: when I checked my ticker yesterday and saw it in the teens, my heart jumped! That's a long way from over 400 days!

Your right, over 400 days would be a long wait--teens are awesome!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter