ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tree is absolutely beautiful.
Looks like better weather is on the way for the rest of your vacation and you will be able to get some pool time in. It always cracks me up when vacationers from the north are swimming and you see other southerners walking by in sweaters- the difference of the meaning of swimming weather.
We are coming down on the 22nd and also hoping for some warmer weather- I have looked at 15 day forecasts and it looks favorable.
This is our first time staying at the Polynesian and also the first time staying CL.
I am looking forward to all of your updates on here, checking multiple times a day. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Please save me some wings and pot stickers.

Here's a bit of extra magic from our afternoon. You don't see this every day:

Click image for full resolution photo.

I'm glad my Father wanted to sleep this afternoon, or I may have missed this.

Edit: I just looked a little closer at the high-res version and if you look close enough to the left you can see that it's actually a double rainbow.

guitarob said:

http://disney.bardall.net/vaca/rainbowLarge.jpg

Edit: I just looked a little closer at the high-res version and if you look close enough to the left you can see that it's actually a double rainbow.

Gorgeous! Hey Rob, any idea what Walter the bartender's hours are @ the Tambu?

My husband & I just looked at the hi-res image and my husband noticed the rainbow ends at the Castle :)

Ok, it's been about 5 years since we've been to the Poly. Do the still give you a lei at check in? We have booked CL for March, if that matters.

If they don't do this anymore, do they have a service where you can order real leis? We are going for our 25 th anniversary so I would like a nice greeting for our special trip.

Thanks for any info! :)

Ok, it's been about 5 years since we've been to the Poly. Do the still give you a lei at check in? We have booked CL for March, if that matters.

If they don't do this anymore, do they have a service where you can order real leis? We are going for our 25 th anniversary so I would like a nice greeting for our special trip.

Thanks for any info! :)

They do still give you leis at check-in.

You always have awesome photos guitarob!! :thumbsup2

Thank You!!!

Good Morning!!! Make sure to take many more pics of the holiday decor.

guitarob, although we've stayed at Poly "x many," my last Christmas stay at Poly was 26 years ago - these photos are beautiful and bring back happy Christmas memories! Continue to enjoy and thanks so much for sharing!

I was just wishing more Poly photos would be posted, and yours are beautiful, GuitarRob! Thank you!!

Does anyone know how long the monorail is going to be down? I'm sure it was asked on this thread about 10 times or more, but I didn't feel like ripping through 78 pages of replies. We are very much considering Poly for our next trip (FIRST TIME AT POLY!) and I don't know if I want to deal with the monorail being down all the time.

Does anyone know how long the monorail is going to be down? I'm sure it was asked on this thread about 10 times or more, but I didn't feel like ripping through 78 pages of replies. We are very much considering Poly for our next trip (FIRST TIME AT POLY!) and I don't know if I want to deal with the monorail being down all the time.

I'm not quite sure I understand. Down when? The monorail usually runs from one hour before park opening until one hour after public park closing. For evening EMH at Epcot buses are provided, and at MK the launch, and I believe the TTC ferry run.

Monorail outages are random and usually last a couple of hours at worst. The other day they were down for a good bit of the day because of a construction issue. I don't know of any scheduled closures other than the usual "end of day" closing.

I'm not quite sure I understand. Down when? The monorail usually runs from one hour before park opening until one hour after public park closing. For evening EMH at Epcot buses are provided, and at MK the launch, and I believe the TTC ferry run.

Monorail outages are random and usually last a couple of hours at worst. The other day they were down for a good bit of the day because of a construction issue. I don't know of any scheduled closures other than the usual "end of day" closing.

I have been told that the monorail is experiencing regular outages because of the construction at GF. I've seen this on several trip reports that they put signs up that say the monorail will be down from X:XXAM-X:XX PM or something like that.

I have been told that the monorail is experiencing regular outages because of the construction at GF. I've seen this on several trip reports that they put signs up that say the monorail will be down from X:XXAM-X:XX PM or something like that.

Oh, ok. That sounds feasible. From what I've experienced this week, that has not happened other than the issue that I mentioned above. That issue, according to the CM's that I talked to, was not a scheduled outage, and was the result of an accident of some sort where the power was cut. That outage affected the entire monorail system, not just the MK monorails.

Hi,

We're going to the poly for the first time for marathon weekend. So excited! But we will be a wee bit disappointed if the Volcano pool is closed for renovations as has been rumored.

With less than a month to go, do you think there's a chance of a last minute announcement of pool closing? And yes, I know the weather may prevent a dip, but we're certainly going to try.

thanks.

I have not heard the rumors! We would definitly want to switch with no pool as well. Anyone know anything?

I have ADR at Chef Mickey's at 7:30 am. The park doesn't open until 9:00. If the monorail doesn't start running until one hour before park open, what's the best way for me to get there?

I have seen conflicting information regarding wifi at the Poly. Do you need to pay for wifi or is it free?

Thanks!!

hebbynan said:
I have seen conflicting information regarding wifi at the Poly. Do you need to pay for wifi or is it free?

Thanks!!

It's free! We used it on our phones, iPad and the kids iPods just over a month ago with no trouble. It wasn't quite as fast as home, but we were very happy to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter