ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicoleK1974

NicoleK1974 Mouseketeer

We had a TPV in Tuvalu....
    Super view and the water parade was REALLY close to the building.
    If we weren't staying in the Hawaii building this year I would request it for sure!

My DD (3 years old at the time) took a blanket out on the porch (3rd floor) and would lay on there each night to watch the fireworks and water parade.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AshleyD1983

AshleyD1983 Mouseketeer

We had a TPV in Tahiti, on the top floor. I think the bottom floor would be fine. The sliding door in our room was very heavy. Our son could definitely not open the door. Sometimes I even had a hard time opening it.

4. gjl

gjl Mouseketeer

Thanks! That's good info to know.

Did any of you that recently stayed there request your building or floor and get it? I know I'm a long way out, but looking for anything you can share! At this point, I'm the only one in my family that knows where we are staying, my wife only knows that we are going to WDW. I'm surprising them all for after my deployment, so I can't ask their opinions yet!

5. AshleyD1983

AshleyD1983 Mouseketeer

We were there in April. I requested Tahiti, top floor.... That is exactly what we got. We absolutely loved Tahiti. The convenience to the TTC can't be beat in my opinion. The views are amazing, and we liked that is was pretty quiet and secluded. Ease of transportation was our priority for location... Our son was 3 at the time. We will definitely request Tahiti in the future. :)

6. NicoleK1974

NicoleK1974 Mouseketeer

Sorry....posted this in a totally random thread....I'll,probably have more input over here! Lol!

We stayed last year and loved it at the Poly.
    My Mom called this afternoon saying she was reading all kinds of bad reviews from the last month or two about the "musty" smells, leaking mini fridges, overall dirty and disrepair of the rooms.
    One particular in Hawaii where we are staying.
    Please tell me these are just a bunch of negative Nellie's trying to crab about things.
    What are the chances of getting to change a LVR, 1st or 3rd floor room in Hawaii if there are major issues? Or would you just bring it up to the club level staff to have it remedied (musty smells, dirty, etc)

7. lovegrumpy

lovegrumpy DIS Veteran

I just have a quick question about the rooms. Does every room come with a daybed? My boys would like to each have there own bed.

8. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

We spent 12 glorious nights in Hawaii in August. It was as lovely as we remembered it ever being.The only bad smell was when DS puked all over the carpet during the night. :crazy2: In the morning we called down to the desk and they had someone come shampoo the carpets. It didn't completely solve the problem, but no one wanted to pack up and move so we just rode it out. We were only really in the room to sleep or shower, and when we were sleeping we were exhausted so the smell didn't bother us! lol

I wouldn't worry. Should you have any problems the CL desk will be happy to help you.::yes::

9. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hi Dani!!:wave:

10. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

yes - it is more like a twin bed than a daybed

11. disneydreamin247

Hi Jenny! :hippie:

12. NicoleK1974

NicoleK1974 Mouseketeer

Yes, and it is REALLY comfy!
    As a matter of fact, I'm letting 4 year old DD have an actual bed and I'm taking the pull out bed!
    :)

13. lovegrumpy

lovegrumpy DIS Veteran

Thanks guys. That's good to know. Now we just need to decide if we want to try out another deluxe are keep the room at pop.

14. disneydreamin247

As much as we love the Poly, we really love Pop as well!

15. MichelinMan

MichelinMan I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

Just upgraded my booking for next July to a CL room!!! :banana::banana::banana:

16. TexasDreamer

TexasDreamer Mouseketeer

Just got back yesterday from Poly CL. We liked the lounge. They dimmed the lights and piped in the music. It was great to see the show sitting in a nice chair with a glass of wine and a yummy desert . During our stay we got to see both Wishes and Christmas wishes. Also nice to have DS bathed and in PJs to take to the lounge. No worry about him getting sandy.

17. hebbynan

hebbynan Chase and Eli's Mom

Booked Lagoon view at the Poly today for September 18-23!! Even had a pin in the system for my name that saved us some money. We requested Tahiti. I really hope we get it! I'm so excited I don't know how I'll ever make it thru the next 9 months!?!?????!!!:cool1:

18. guitarob

guitarob Polynesian Obsessed

It'll fly by!! You'll be there before you know it! Enjoy the anticipation :goodvibes

At this time tomorrow, we'll be getting in the car to head to the airport!! :dance3::cool1::banana::woohoo:

19. BreezysMom

BreezysMom DIS Veteran

I am so out of the loop! I did not realize you were going back so soon!

Have a great trip! I loved Disney in December! So completely magical everywhere you go pixiedust:

I can't wait for the TR :goodvibes

20. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

Me either???? :wave2: Have a lovely time! pixiedust:

21. jenniferma

jenniferma DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone-- I have been on the disboards as much as I would like.. has anyone heard any recent news about renovation to the rooms? We are going January 15-21st. I am torn between Samoa and Tokelau.

thanks for your advice!
    jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.