• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know too. I've seen little things, but I'm not sure about the grand scale.

We will be finding out on December 11th though!!!! :cool1: MrsB and I have been sitting here battling the post-trip depression pretty hard, especially since our future trip plans were non-existent.

We've discussed the possibility of taking my ailing Father back down there since he loves it so much, and was really upset when he found out we were going without him this year. We priced it out a couple of times and just couldn't justify the cost, because he's going to want to spend a lot of time napping and probably won't remember it much. It didn't seem worth the money.

He used to take me every couple of years from the ages of 3-17, and is responsible for my addiction to Disney World and the Polynesian.

Today I noticed a new discount released, so we've decided to take the chance and take him back down there. I hope that he'll be able to handle it and enjoy it. It'll be a very slow paced and shortened trip, but I'm sure that he'll enjoy every minute of it. I'm thrilled to be blessed enough to get him back there!

So, this trip will be all about Dad. We're very excited.

This will also be our first trip during the Christmas season. So, we're VERY excited about that as well.

So super excited for you to get to take your Dad for a special Christmas trip and to battle your return depression!!! That is so awesome!!!!:banana:
We'll be there in the beginning of Nov, we're hoping to get to see the resort decorated but not counting on it.:confused3I'm sure it will be awesome either way!:goodvibes

Thanks so much for the report!!! But I really wish they would start with another building and not Hawaii - we hoped to book CL for our January stay, but of course there is no availability due to the renovations. I'm continuing to follow along here for any developments. Thanks!

You're welcome! I'm guessing they're just trying to get Hawaii done and out of the way since they can't let anyone book CL while it's under construction (and they've had it blocked off for Jan/Feb for a few months). It's crappy that you can't book it for your January stay though.

You're welcome! I'm guessing they're just trying to get Hawaii done and out of the way since they can't let anyone book CL while it's under construction (and they've had it blocked off for Jan/Feb for a few months). It's crappy that you can't book it for your January stay though.

I know! I booked our Poly/BWI January reservation in July and was so surprised to see no CL availability. I thought it was my own fault for booking too late, but then I read about the renovations here.

Funny thing is that I've been staying at Poly since 1983 and when we're finally ready to try CL in 2013, they renovate it! Oh well, there is definitely always next time! :) As others have mentioned, it will be bright and shiny for our next visit!

I know! I booked our Poly/BWI January reservation in July and was so surprised to see no CL availability. I thought it was my own fault for booking too late, but then I read about the renovations here.

Funny thing is that I've been staying at Poly since 1983 and when we're finally ready to try CL in 2013, they renovate it! Oh well, there is definitely always next time! :) As others have mentioned, it will be bright and shiny for our next visit!

That's a great attitude! We had looked at the possibility of having to push our trip back to January or February and the thought of not having any CL really was unappealling! :rolleyes: (thankfully we were able to keep our current plans!)

We leave for WDW in 10 days! YAY! This is our first time staying at the Poly resort and also any Club level rooms. When I did the online check-in this morning it wouldn't let me do any request for rooms. It just said I had to call. My question is do I contact the main reservation number or do I contact somebody at the Club Level?

Good info to know. We check in to POLY CL in 13 days, so I have been wondering if I needed to do anything special with online check - in. Is there really any benefit of it while staying CL? Looks like there may be a few from the board there around that time. :)

Wow! The GCH won't be refurbed until 2018 and DVC plans have been scraped? I must say I feel such relief, I was worried about just exactly what they were going to do to my poly!!:confused3
Guitarob what great news! Going to poly with your dad! What a special trip!
We went last Christmas and stayed at the Grand Floridian instead of the Polynesian and let me tell you the GF is just disgusting! Just kidding!:lmao: It's a beautiful resort but I missed poly so much! I won't make that mistake again!:sad2:
I'm so happy for you and Mrs. B!!

Hi all! Leaving for Disney Dec 3-12 and currently booked CL at the Beach Club. We are thinking about switching to CL at Poly because of the better food options and the view of the castle, but DH and I are HUGE Christmas lovers and are worried that we won't feel the Christmas vibe at Poly. Thoughts from anyone who has spent the holidays at Poly? Do they at least have Christmas music piping through the GCH?

They have a loop of Hawaiian versions of Christmas songs, so it is a Christmas vibe, but Hawaiian flavored. The lobby does not have the huge trees that AKL, WL and GF have, and they no longer seem to do the gingerbread houses that once decorated the upper lobby, but there are decorated trees and tropically themed garland, so there is no mistaking the season. I haven't stayed CL during the Christmas season, but I believe there is usually a big beautiful decorated tree in the lounge.

Wow! The GCH won't be refurbed until 2018 and DVC plans have been scraped? I must say I feel such relief, I was worried about just exactly what they were going to do to my poly!!:confused3
Guitarob what great news! Going to poly with your dad! What a special trip!
We went last Christmas and stayed at the Grand Floridian instead of the Polynesian and let me tell you the GF is just disgusting! Just kidding!:lmao: It's a beautiful resort but I missed poly so much! I won't make that mistake again!:sad2:
I'm so happy for you and Mrs. B!!

Tikiman's CM sources said the GCH could be pushed back until 2018 and they believe the plans for DVC will die. Remember, this is Disney, nothing is ever a certainty!! (and only the bus drivers are credible sources for information! :rotfl2:)

He updated on his FB page.

Confirmed by "the" person who would know... Dvc is happening and on time. But Disney execs will deny until its official

Sounds like they might wait until gf Dvc sells out, so people aren't holding off for poly.

I just wanted to thank everyone who posts here regularly for helping me to decide to go to the Poly this year. I'm not much of a poster but I really enjoy reading about disney world and all of your tips to having a great vacation. My daughters and I are leaving Thursday so wish us luck :)

I would leave a banner thing but I'm pretty much good to have gotten as far as I have so far with this post;)

thanks again for all the time you spend helping others plan their trips

He updated on his FB page.

Confirmed by "the" person who would know... Dvc is happening and on time. But Disney execs will deny until its official

Sounds like they might wait until gf Dvc sells out, so people aren't holding off for poly.

As I said, it could change many times! :rotfl2: I don't think they are even really advertising or promoting the GF DVC yet (though they have confirmed that it is being built). I read once in a DVC forum that there are laws in Florida against developers advertising time shares while they are still in the develpment phases. It has to do with not scamming potential investors into buying based on promises of new builds. This makes sense. It could be quite a while before we hear anything "official" about a Poly DVC, but I do think they will build it. There is too much money to be made there. I just hope when it's done it's done well, with the preservation of the resort's atmosphere and charm kept very much in mind!

Personally, I wish they wouldn't do anything different to the Poly, no DVC, etc. I love it just the way it is & I'm afraid if DVC is added it would take away from the special magic that the Poly has. But since no one is calling me & asking my opinion, it probably doesn't matter much.

I am missing Disney & the Poly so much. We were hoping to maybe go in Dec. but my Father in law has to have surgery 4 hrs. away. So my DH will have to use the rest of his vaca days to travel to be with him. Hopefully he goes thru the surgery well, but no Dis for us....next year.

On another note ... I thought I posted this earlier, but I don't see it now ...
Tikiman is at the Poly now. He says the room refurbs have been pushed back to January and will start with Hawaii, the CM's say the GCH work won't start until 2018 now and they feel that the Poly DVC will be scrapped. The last two points are just what the CM's are reporting and who knows how many times that could change ... ;)

He has not reported any work or word on the pool yet.

That's because you posted it in another thread ;):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2958672&page=22

Back from the Poly Friday night. What a great time we had. The pixie dust fairy visited and we were upgraded from garden view cl to theme park view cl. pixiedust:Mousekeeping was wonderful, many different towel creations which I posted on Live from the Polynesian on Facebook. The grounds were beautiful and 90% of the food was delicious. Kona doesn't have my favorite meal on the menu anymore (scallop/shrimp combo with sticky rice) :sad: My only complaint was the rudeness we encountered in the parks (cutting in front of us and others who were already lined up for the parade, holding cameras in front of our faces to take pics, etc) I am suffering from Poly withdrawal.... no one has said Aloha to me in 3 days :lmao:

I'd like to know too. I've seen little things, but I'm not sure about the grand scale.

We will be finding out on December 11th though!!!! :cool1: MrsB and I have been sitting here battling the post-trip depression pretty hard, especially since our future trip plans were non-existent.

We've discussed the possibility of taking my ailing Father back down there since he loves it so much, and was really upset when he found out we were going without him this year. We priced it out a couple of times and just couldn't justify the cost, because he's going to want to spend a lot of time napping and probably won't remember it much. It didn't seem worth the money.

He used to take me every couple of years from the ages of 3-17, and is responsible for my addiction to Disney World and the Polynesian.

Today I noticed a new discount released, so we've decided to take the chance and take him back down there. I hope that he'll be able to handle it and enjoy it. It'll be a very slow paced and shortened trip, but I'm sure that he'll enjoy every minute of it. I'm thrilled to be blessed enough to get him back there!

So, this trip will be all about Dad. We're very excited.

This will also be our first trip during the Christmas season. So, we're VERY excited about that as well.

How wonderful to take your dad. Even if he doesn't remember much of it, YOU will and those will be memories to cherish. See you there.

Just got back from our first stay at Poly on Saturday night. Stayed in Tokelau and LOVED it. My hubby is sold and doesn't want to go anywhere else. Our next trip will be at BC villa but only because we are going with my parents and brother for a grand gathering.

It was quiet and wonderful. Awesome Cast Members, great transportation service (well, anything is better than a value resort crowd in the middle of summer!!)....couldn't have asked for a better trip!

We ate at Capt Cook's quite a few times and ate at 'Ohana for breakfast on Saturday. I loved being able to watch Wishes/Hallowishes from the beach. It felt like I was actually on a tropical vacation while on vacation to Disney!! My kids loved the pool and loved being able to play in the sand while I sat in the sun. ;)

We used the Never Land Club one night and the kids had a fabulous time there...they wanted to go back the next day!

I was sad to leave but we had such a wonderful time, so I wasn't too sad.

My only complaint was the rudeness we encountered in the parks (cutting in front of us and others who were already lined up for the parade, holding cameras in front of our faces to take pics, etc) I am suffering from Poly withdrawal.... no one has said Aloha to me in 3 days :lmao:

I am right there with you. Did MNSSHP Friday night and we lined up on the curb for Hallowishes/Mix & Mingle/Boo to You parade. This lady goes to sit in my spot as I'm standing in front of it. Hubby says to her, sorry you can't sit here, it's for my wife. Hallowishes happens, Mix & Mingle happens and then I stood up to stretch. Same darn lady comes to take the spot again. Hubby is like dude, you can't sit there. She says I haven't seen "your wife" (seriously did air quotes) sit here. I was 2 feet away from her. :/ Also, the line cutting was getting ridiculous. We blocked out 4 people while on the path up to Soarin concourse because they were trying to pass an elderly couple that was "holding them up". Never in my life have I seen so much rudeness. :(

So we had our first Poly stay last month and fell in love. Unfortunately we do not have anything planned to go back in the near future. I was watching a video from the Poly last night and actually started to tear up!!!

How do I talk DH into a trip next year? I so wish we would have booked the bounce back offer we had in our room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter