ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are home from our wonderful week at the Poly...when we got there they had us in Samoa and the room was not ready, I asked if by any chance there was a room in Tokelau as it was our first choice and in a few moments we were in a room there that was ready...that little bit of extra space made a huge difference with 5 of us!

Overall it was an amazing week, despite the rain! To anyone else who was in Tokelau and heard my youngest daughter during one of her many tantrums (she has sensory integration disorder and was having a really rough week :( ) my deepest apologies.
We had a small issue with mousekeeping...put the privacy card on the door for about 2 hrs before lunch, and the room never got made up at all...nor the next day...was very strange....but when we called for towels they were delivered within an hour. can't really complain the whole trip was just wonderful...but now I have to tackle the mountain of laundry and unpack everything...

I'm glad you all enjoyed your trips, even with some bumps along the way.

We booked back in January, and I CANNOT believe that we only have a bit more than a month left. We have 2 nights in the Cars suite and them move to the Poly for the rest of the week. It's going to be glorious!

Love the photos, Rob. You really know how to egg on the anticipation of a person's first stay! :rotfl:

So we spent 4 nights at the Poly last week and have a problem..... We LOVED it!!!!! And now that's the only place we want to stay. Looks like the vaca budget will have to be changed for future trips.

I have the exact same problem :rotfl: We stayed there last September and we loved it. I told everyone enjoy it because it will be the last time we can afford to stay here ;)
This year I planned to save some money and I booked CBR and totally planned on staying there until the discounts came out ! Of course I switched even though I'm paying 500.00 more. So much for saving money this year :rotfl2: You just cant beat the Poly when it comes to atmosphere, resturants, and transportation :thumbsup2

So we spent 4 nights at the Poly last week and have a problem..... We LOVED it!!!!! And now that's the only place we want to stay. Looks like the vaca budget will have to be changed for future trips.

WE just got back from our first trip to the Poly for 7 nights. I'm hooked, don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else!

Poly was the first on site resort we stayed in and have stayed there for every trip- this will be our 6th trip! We go every other year and can't wait for this upcoming trip. It's true- once you stay there, you are hooked!

Yep, the family went for the first time in 2007 (only I had been before, as a child and teenager) and we decided to splurge and stay at the Poly. Maybe not a once in a LIFEtime trip, but we were thinking at least once in a LONG time. Well, you know what happened....It's now 2012 and we've stayed at the Poly 4 times and have time #5 planned for Spring 2014!

TinkNH said:
To anyone else who was in Tokelau and heard my youngest daughter during one of her many tantrums (she has sensory integration disorder and was having a really rough week :( ) my deepest apologies...

My DD4 has the same thing. I am very worried about how our Oct trip will go, I know there will be a few tantrums! Hopefully you had more good memories then stressful ones. I would love any advice!

Aloha Poly experts!
I'm scheduled to be staying at the Poly during the Princess 1/2 marathon. The standard garden rooms are the ones offered for the race discount and I have a question for the experts:

Can you hear the ferry horns from the garden view rooms?

The last time I was there, I was so happy we had a water view, but I was often kept up and woken up by the ferry boat noise. It wasn't a big deal then since it was the kind of trip where we stayed up late and I never mind waking early at Disney. HOWEVER, I really need my sleep this trip since I'll be getting up early for the 5K and then the 1/2 marathon.

What do you think? Is there a special request of a building that I should make? What about the blg closest to the monorail path?

My DD4 has the same thing. I am very worried about how our Oct trip will go, I know there will be a few tantrums! Hopefully you had more good memories then stressful ones. I would love any advice!

i am only focusing on the positive:goodvibes she has a lot of difficulty with clothing...so i made her outfits for the trip, seamless or flat seamed dresses out of disney fabric and she loved them all ...until we were at wdw and she was supposed to wear them. I wish i had some advice..but i dont, i am not even sure what i am doing myself

Aloha Poly experts!
I'm scheduled to be staying at the Poly during the Princess 1/2 marathon. The standard garden rooms are the ones offered for the race discount and I have a question for the experts:

Can you hear the ferry horns from the garden view rooms?

The last time I was there, I was so happy we had a water view, but I was often kept up and woken up by the ferry boat noise. It wasn't a big deal then since it was the kind of trip where we stayed up late and I never mind waking early at Disney. HOWEVER, I really need my sleep this trip since I'll be getting up early for the 5K and then the 1/2 marathon.

What do you think? Is there a special request of a building that I should make? What about the blg closest to the monorail path?

Unless our door was open to the balcony, i didnt hear much noise at all from our room in tokelau..certainly no noise from outside that i recall

Just have to chime in here to say that I'm only 45 days away from returning back home to the Poly.....can't wait!!!

I'm loving all the postings and updates! Thanks for keeping me informed.

Guitar Rob....

My family is in your #401 post photo shot of the poly beach/pool. Lol It was magical at the Poly....I agree. :beach:

There was a lot of rain last week....thankfully, for us, if it HAD to rain, it did it when it was manageable for us. None of our pool times at the Poly got rained out. Hooray! :wizard:

CAn't wait to see more of your photos! Hope you had a magnificent trip.

Just 25 days to go and finally we can start getting really excited. We had been uncertain if our youngest would be able to fly due to a medical condition, but she got the all clear yesterday from the doctor! :cool1:
Let the packing begin!! :banana:

Stopping in to say my goodbyes, in case I get waylaid tomorrow with last minute stuff out the door! :wave2: can hardly believe our time has come, and I leave for the airport tomorrow afternoon.....Very much looking forward to my first POLY CL experience! I will try and give some quick updates, I am not extremely technically suave, but I'll try my best .... I will most likely post in the POLY LIVE FB page, but will be sure to stop by when we get home to let you all know how our stay was :)
Here we go.......I wish I could slow it down, as we all know how fast it flys when you are having an amazing time! I'll have to cherish every second and definitely be living in the moment for the next 10 days :goodvibes
Marie

chimo2u said:
Stopping in to say my goodbyes, in case I get waylaid tomorrow with last minute stuff out the door! :wave2: can hardly believe our time has come, and I leave for the airport tomorrow afternoon.....Very much looking forward to my first POLY CL experience! I will try and give some quick updates, I am not extremely technically suave, but I'll try my best .... I will most likely post in the POLY LIVE FB page, but will be sure to stop by when we get home to let you all know how our stay was :)
Here we go.......I wish I could slow it down, as we all know how fast it flys when you are having an amazing time! I'll have to cherish every second and definitely be living in the moment for the next 10 days :goodvibes
Marie

Muah! Have a safe and magical trip Marie. Enjoy kkc :hug:

Marie

Have an awesome trip and enjoy your CL experience. :cool1:

Although I am staying at the Boardwalk Inn, had to post here to say we arrive tomorrow!! yay!! I will be back at the poly on jan 27, 2013!!

I am having withdrawal :sad: I know it will be some time before I get to go back again

Anyone have any thoughts about the Rapa-Nui blg good or bad. The closeness of the walk to TTC is attractive for runners coming back from EPCOT and I think I've read here somewhere that it's one of the newer buildings?

sherekhan said:
Anyone have any thoughts about the Rapa-Nui blg good or bad. The closeness of the walk to TTC is attractive for runners coming back from EPCOT and I think I've read here somewhere that it's one of the newer buildings?

We LOVED the closeness of the TTC to Rapa Nui. More so than being close to the monorail at the GCH!

Ok Poly lovers, I need your help. Currently we are booked at the Beach Club (10/22-10/27) and I am seriously considering switching to the Poly. We would get a garden view as my bounceback only has rooms available in that category or Lagoon View CL for $800 more than what I'm currently paying.

How bad is the volcano pool crowded? I know that the guests of the GF can use it with the construction going on over there. How loud is the construction noise? How bad (or good) are the garden view rooms? I figured my only requests would be ground floor, no parking lot view :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter