ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the airport waiting for our flight. Only 6 more hours and we should be arriving at the Poly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Very nice!!! Flying out of MHT??

I can't believe we are flying out of Logan for April...but the airfare was too much of a steal to not do it. ::yes::

No we are flying out of Logan too..MHT is sooo much easier but the difference in fare made BOS win out. HOWEVER after all the issues I had with delta and getting my 4 yr old twins seated near me...we plan to stick to southwest or jet blue for future trips so will use MHT instead.

I chose delta because of the timing of the flights...but the hassle over getting seats was just not worth it:sad2:

No we are flying out of Logan too..MHT is sooo much easier but the difference in fare made BOS win out. HOWEVER after all the issues I had with delta and getting my 4 yr old twins seated near me...we plan to stick to southwest or jet blue for future trips so will use MHT instead.

I chose delta because of the timing of the flights...but the hassle over getting seats was just not worth it:sad2:

Oooh :sad2:

I haven't flown Delta in ages....we are definitely a SW family, but we ended up getting airfare on Jet Blue for $950 for the four of us!!!! :cheer2:

We normally pay $1200 to fly out of MHT which I'm ok with, but for April, SW was at least $1700 and that was with connecting flights!!! It was a no brainer.

Well, we switched our reservation today from POR to the Poly. I really wanted a good recommendation for something close the GCH. We are booked in a standard view room from 10/27-11/4. Does everyone think that NIUE or FIJI is the best to request for that? We have never stayed her, but are very much looking forward to it.

Well, we switched our reservation today from POR to the Poly. I really wanted a good recommendation for something close the GCH. We are booked in a standard view room from 10/27-11/4. Does everyone think that NIUE or FIJI is the best to request for that? We have never stayed her, but are very much looking forward to it.

Those and/or Samoa or Rarotonga--all are close to GCH. Rarotonga would be next to the GCH and near the bus stop as well.

Well, the room refurb rumors are more or less official:

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl....pdf?id=DOC1014S53985.A0&parent=DOC1014S53985

Coincides with the info on Tikiman's site.

Putting it all together, it looks like they're planning to do Aotearoa, Fiji, and Tuvalu before the end of this year.

Hawaii, Samoa, and Niue in the Jan.-Mar. time frame next year.

Rarotonga and Tokelou in the Mar.-May. time frame next year.

And Tahiti and Rapa Nui in the May-Jul. time frame next year.

24 HOURS! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

the anticipation is KILLIN me!!!

Hope everyone who is leaving in the next couple of days has a magical vacation! :wizard: We'll be heading out five weeks from tomorrow ... starting to get excited!

We are going to WDW 11/27-12/1. I am currently booked at POFQ, but am thinking of moving to the Poly. We've only ever stayed at WL and POP, but with the discounted rates I thought it would be a great opportunity to try the Poly.

I'm not sure what room to book. These are the rates I see that we would consider:

Standard view: $1,402
Garden view CL: $1,874
Theme Park view (not CL): $1,890

Is the Garden CL or Theme Park view worth the extra $$? If so, which would you choose? TIA!

Have fun TinkNH!!!:banana:
Are you packed and ready to go???

all packed..except for the last minute things i will need just before w ego. I have to get the kids bathed and putting them to bed in travel clothing as we hit the road a bit after 4 am to get into the airport on time :cool1:

The only tips that I really have are:

1. Enjoy every minute of it (you will).
  2. Prepare to be addicted to it.
:goodvibes

OMG yes...we did and I AM!

Poly has replaced YC as our new Fav. Our stay there last month in Hawaii was one of the best WDW visits ever.

*sigh* back to reality ;)

We are going to WDW 11/27-12/1. I am currently booked at POFQ, but am thinking of moving to the Poly. We've only ever stayed at WL and POP, but with the discounted rates I thought it would be a great opportunity to try the Poly.

I'm not sure what room to book. These are the rates I see that we would consider:

Is the Garden CL or Theme Park view worth the extra $$? If so, which would you choose? TIA!

Putting aside any financial considerations--TPV IS SO WORTH IT!! Never thought I'd say this, but DBF took me twice last year, we had TPV both times, and I loved, loved, loved it. Sitting on the balcony in the a.m. and p.m. looking at the castle made me so happy! Breakfast and evening cocktails while gazing at it--sigh. Seeing the fireworks--pure bliss. Also, we are early risers and in the early a.m. you can hear the music.

In 13 days we are going to BWI because DBF likes it and he is so good to me. I'm sure i'll love it, but can't wait to get back to my Poly and see the castle from my balcoeny in January!!

It depends on what would be of more value to you.

We have stayed standard TPV and loved it. To add to what cmesq61 said the fireworks and EWP from the balcony are fantastic - it was nice that the kids could be in their pj's and ready for bed and still enjoy both shows from the comfort of our room. We also sleep with the curtians open and watch the castle changing colour all night ... if you happen to wake up, there it is quietly shining in pink or blue or purple off in the distance :cloud9: You also hear the sounds of the Magic Kingdom so clearly from the room/balcony IF you have the patio doors open (otherwise the sound does not carry into the room) ... the boat horns, the train whistles ...

On the other hand, we have also stayed CL. We like having the extra space that the lounge affords. We can go down in the morning & get a light breakfast, or a snack in the afternoon and not be cooped up in the hotel room when ever we aren't in the parks. The way we like to dine while at WDW CL works well for us. We do not get the dining plan (we personally have found it to be too much food). We eat a light breakfast in the CL lounge, have our big meal of the day in the parks (TS or CS) and then have a light meal/snack at dinner time in the lounge with the finger foods they offer over the dinner hour. If you are on the DP you may feel you don't utilize the CL food offerings (which kind of defeats one of the perks of paying for CL) or you could fee overwhelmed by too much food. You can also still watch the EWP and Wishes from the CL lounge (they turn down the lights & pipe in the Wishes soundtrack).

The real trap is staying TPV, CL! We did that last year and are returning in five weeks for round two! Shameless addicts! :lmao:

Hey guys- I'm sure this is somewhere but I haven't searched yet. Thought yall might help me out!

Lounge in the Hawaii building--- what time does it open and close? TIA!

traceyw said:

I would say Theme Park View is definitely worth the extra money. Our first trip to WDW was this past April, so we splurged and got the Theme Park View. We just loved waking up and seeing the castle, going to bed and seeing the castle, watching the fireworks.... all from the privacy of our own room and balcony. I loved to sit on the balcony during the day while our son was napping. To me, that balcony time every day was well worth the extra money we spent. If you can, I would say splurge and get theme park view. :) We stayed on the third floor of Tahiti, and we absolutely loved that location. It is farther away from the things at the Polynesian, but so close and convenient to the TTC which worked best for us.

A vote here for plain old garden view! We are in Tokelau garden view right now and have a lagoon view...we can see the beach, boat dock, GF, it's lovely! So there are some nice garden view rooms!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter