ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have to cancel my poly reservations if I hear of major reconstruction going on. Restaurants closed, big blank walls and closed pools is not what I expect at my beloved Polynesian!
Have a great trip Guitarob and Mrs.B! Looking forward to your review when you get back! :worship:

Thank you! :goodvibes We can't wait! I'd say I don't know who's more excited...but that would be a lie. My kid-at-heart partner in crime is just about bursting with excitement. :)

Honestly, the rumored construction is what led us to this trip in the first place. We wanted one more visit before things changed. And, of course, one more gorge fest at 'Ohana... ;)

Thank you! :goodvibes We can't wait! I'd say I don't know who's more excited...but that would be a lie. My kid-at-heart partner in crime is just about bursting with excitement. :)

Honestly, the rumored construction is what led us to this trip in the first place. We wanted one more visit before things changed. And, of course, one more gorge fest at 'Ohana... ;)

'Ohana!'Ohana! Yum! Yum! Bring me more meat! And noodles! And bread pudding! Lol!:lmao:
This trip I'm planning to slow down and enjoy the resort more (really I am!:lmao:).
Does any one have any special things they just have to do while they are at the Polynesian?

Well, this trip started with a regular room at SoG, changed to a Junior suite at SoG, moved to two rooms at POR and finally with the military discount bacame a room at Poly. I think if I moved again my family would kill me, so I guess I will just hope construction doesn't effect my June trip. I have always wanted to stay at Poly and for some reason the other deluxe locations simply dont grab my interest. In fact if Poly fell thru I would probably go back to POR instead of a differant deluxe.

Does anyone know when the work is starting....I did see in some threads it says fall, but thats a little general. We are checking in Oct 20th for 8 nights and now Im concerned.....:confused3

They actually brought us a second bread pudding last time! I thought we were going to cry - I actually think Rob did cry a little! :rotfl:

I did... Yeeees I did. Aaaaaaand there was an anniversary cupcake if I remember correctly, because I felt obligated to force a bite in, even though I really couldn't (and shouldn't have).

Aloha!

We will be staying at the Poly-club level, theme park view. We were booked at the GF, main building, theme park view-but Disney moved us due to extreme construction noise!

It's been a few years since I stayed at the Poly, and have never stayed club level there! Any tips? We arrive very early next Thursday!!!

The only tips that I really have are:

1. Enjoy every minute of it (you will).
  2. Prepare to be addicted to it.
:goodvibes

guitarob said:
I did... Yeeees I did. Aaaaaaand there was an anniversary cupcake if I remember correctly, because I felt obligated to force a bite in, even though I really couldn't (and shouldn't have).

Yes! The cupcake! I guess we should be prepared for that this time, too...?

I swimming on the river in Egypt regarding the refurbs. Check in to Somoa (hopefully) on 2/28 and construction will be done in our longhouse and the pool with a new hot tub will be up and running right outside our balcony and it will be sunny and 75 every day, and ....and.....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Happy Anniversary you two - Hope you enjoy every minute of the Poly!!! - We are going for our anniversary (actually a week after) and also staying CL. We got pixie dusted many years ago and spoil ourselves with CL every year. Did you do online check in? I didn't think it was necessary since we know what building we're in.

Happy Anniversary you two - Hope you enjoy every minute of the Poly!!! - We are going for our anniversary (actually a week after) and also staying CL. We got pixie dusted many years ago and spoil ourselves with CL every year. Did you do online check in? I didn't think it was necessary since we know what building we're in.

No, we actually didn't. I don't really see the point in it much, it doesn't really offer anything to CL guests in my opinion. :confused3

We are having our first Poly stay in November and I just had the TA call and see if we can get a room only discount on our existing ressie and they said YES:cool1:

So not only is our vacatiion less than 60 days away:hourglass we now get 25% off :yay:

Just had to share. :wave2:

WooHoo just completed online check in. 10 days till our first Poly adventure!

We are having our first Poly stay in November and I just had the TA call and see if we can get a room only discount on our existing ressie and they said YES:cool1:

So not only is our vacatiion less than 60 days away:hourglass we now get 25% off :yay:

Just had to share. :wave2:

I hope you all have a great trip!

A spork? Genius! :worship:

Thanks....but I cannot take the credit. I got the tip from another Poly lover here on the boards :thumbsup2

Im taking notes as I dont want to miss a thing :teacher:

I have learned so much from everyone. I truly thank eveyone who has posted.

You are the BEST!! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter