• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the summer discount we are finally going to be able to stay at the Poly again! :cool1: DH and I will celebrate our 15th anniversary, and we aren't bringing the kids! :cloud9::love: Right now I'm debating MK view vs. Garden view. Is it worth the money if we aren't planning to be in our room during Wishes???

Thanks for your opinions :thumbsup2

Just my opinion but rather then spend the money for MK veiw I would pay about the same amount and get garden view in Hawaii. You can watch wishes from the lounge and take advantage of club level. Two years ago it with the discount is was more for MK view then garden view concierge.

Maiapapaya - thank you so much for explaining. From what I hear, there really is no Bad view at the Poly!!!

No problem! And I think you're right, I doubt there is a bad view at the Poly!

Just my opinion but rather then spend the money for MK veiw I would pay about the same amount and get garden view in Hawaii. You can watch wishes from the lounge and take advantage of club level. Two years ago it with the discount is was more for MK view then garden view concierge.

WOODY13 does have a point about CL. We love CL too! (now I'm not being very helpful at all!) It is nice to have the lounge for some extra indoor space, night time refreshments, etc. A consideration when thinking about CL is how you like to eat at WDW. The food offerings in the lounge work well for us. We tend to eat lightly at breakfast, so the lounge is perfect (fruit, cereal, baked goods, oatmeal). We plan our big meal of the day at lunch when we're in the parks and then have a light dinner with the club dinner time offerings (finger foods). It's convenient to have snacks available all of the time too with the kids. If you think you would have most of your meals out (eg. bigger breakfasts, restaurant dinners) it may not be worth it for CL (as opposed to the MK view) if you don't take advantage of the food in the lounge.

I am doing the online check in for our special 40th bday one night stay and did not realize you could pick your room requests. We will be staying May25th for just one night (saturday-sunday).

There will be 4 of us sharing the room this one night (me, mom, bff, bff's 7yo DS). We will not be going to the parks, but instead taking advantage of the beauty and relaxation of this resort for almost 2 full days and 1 night. We will spend the majority of our time at the beach or volcano pool. We definitely want a balcony. We also would REALLY REALLY prefer a refurbished room and I can't figure out which buildings

I was thinking of requesting either Hawaii or Samoa.

Suggestions? Advice? Better Request Ideas? :confused3

I am doing the online check in for our special 40th bday one night stay and did not realize you could pick your room requests. We will be staying May25th for just one night (saturday-sunday).

There will be 4 of us sharing the room this one night (me, mom, bff, bff's 7yo DS). We will not be going to the parks, but instead taking advantage of the beauty and relaxation of this resort for almost 2 full days and 1 night. We will spend the majority of our time at the beach or volcano pool. We definitely want a balcony. We also would REALLY REALLY prefer a refurbished room and I can't figure out which buildings

I was thinking of requesting either Hawaii or Samoa.

Suggestions? Advice? Better Request Ideas? :confused3

Just so you know you cannot request Hawaii. That is only club level guests. Hope you have a great trip!

We are planning a late September trip and was thinking we would split our stay and stay a couple days at the Beach Club. We love the Beach Club, but have never stayed at the Poly and it looks so awesome. I figured maybe we would try the Poly next year, until I heard that some possible major DVC construction could start at some point.

I really want to experience the Poly the way it is now. What are my chances that there will be no (or little) DVC construction going on in late September?

It seems like September/October may be a good time for no construction - rehab finishing up and DVC not started yet. At least, that is what i am hoping! We too are looking forward to our last "way it is now" stay at the Poly.

Just booked our October stay for DH's conference ... looks like we're at the Poly again as the YC, BC, BWI & GF were already sold out. :faint:

Just booked our October stay for DH's conference ... looks like we're at the Poly again as the YC, BC, BWI & GF were already sold out. :faint:

I was unable to book a GV at either YC or BC way back in late January! Looks to be a busy month at the resorts, at least.

I was unable to book a GV at either YC or BC way back in late January! Looks to be a busy month at the resorts, at least.

:crazy2: We just stayed at the Poly in February, but I guess I can stay there again if you twist my arm. :rotfl2: DH will just have to take a shuttle to the convention -- but I guess that's his problem.

What kind of coffee makers do they have in the rooms? Do they have Keurig?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh good to know! Thanks!!!

Does anyone know what buildings have been refurbished so far??

Tikiman has a good schedule on his site. Just use a search engine using Tikiman and Polynesian and you will see his site (I have heard from others we are not allowed to post the link??? not sure why but you'll find it easily!)

Keep in mind that he gets this information but the dates may fluctuate especially as they finish longhouses. If one finishes early, they may start the next one earlier or vice versa if it is later.

Are they going to totally refurbish the Poly to emulate the DVC in Hawaii? That's the rumour I heard, not sure if it's true or not. With the new DVC in place how in the world is the monorail (with it's umpteen breakdowns) going to handle more people?

Thanks all!
brunette

This is exactly my thought as well! :thumbsup2

It is the million(s) dollar question! Heretofore, unfortunately, it is unanswered.

Hi there! Thanks for your response. I just feel like they are just trying to "CRAM" everything in and they are losing the "quaint" tropical place the Polynesian was. I'm all for a major refurb, but a DVC? NO THANKS!

Brunette

Sorry if I wasn't clear... I'm debating GV CL vs TPV CL. :)

Sorry if I wasn't clear... I'm debating GV CL vs TPV CL. :)

Hello fellow Hoosier! TPV CL is the best IMO. :goodvibes I mean sure you can go to the lounge and see the castle and watch wishes but there is nothing like being able to sit on your balcony in your pj's and watch the fireworks! It is quite a bit more though! You can cheat and get a lagoon view and request a specific room. Several of the lagoon view rooms have a view of the MK which may have a sidewalk light in front of it or a bush to the side. We had a great LV room in September and would do LV again to save the extra couple hundred bucks! But you have to know requests are never guaranteed. :thumbsup2

Yes I did misunderstand you. That makes the decision tougher but I would probably get the MK view or like gaildmoody said try for a lagoon view with a good view.

I have LV CL stay coming up in June- how do you know what are the "good" LV rooms and what ones are not? I requested a patio (so I can take the kids out more easily). I also saw on Tikiman's site that there was only one LV with balcony on the third floor, so would rather play the odds requesting a patio versus no way to get out at all should the one LV CL with balcony already be taken! Do you (or anyone) know what patio LV CL rooms are "good"?

Mahalo!

I have LV CL stay coming up in June- how do you know what are the "good" LV rooms and what ones are not? I requested a patio (so I can take the kids out more easily). I also saw on Tikiman's site that there was only one LV with balcony on the third floor, so would rather play the odds requesting a patio versus no way to get out at all should the one LV CL with balcony already be taken! Do you (or anyone) know what patio LV CL rooms are "good"?

Mahalo!

I can't say for sure which LV rooms are good or bad. I would agree I would rather go with a patio room then a balcony room. Maybe someone else on here could comment on specific room numbers. Here is a web site that may be somewhat helpful. www.room77.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter