ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntconn

huntconn "Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

I tend to agree with you. I strongly suspect that these new DVC rumors are just that, although I do think some of these plans will occur. I would be very surprised to see DVC "bookending" both sides of the resort. Are there any other resorts that have multiple DVC locations on their grounds? Even if those are the current plans, I suspect that they will eventually change to being only one location at the resort. Disney never changes their plans, right?:rolleyes1

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. latexscooter

latexscooter Be nice even if it takes some effort.

Frequent Poly visitors, do you find that you spend more time at the MK and EP due to the monorail access to those parks? Oddly enough, this is something I'm very excited about.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. buzzmom12

buzzmom12 Mouseketeer

We go to MK alot but its also my favorite park. We do tend to go to those two parks just for the ease of transportation.

5. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

No matter where we stay, MK and EP are our favorite parks so we spend the most time at those parks anyway. But since they are the parks we go to the most, it makes even more sense to stay at the Poly for the ease of transportation. And the transportation is FUN! Of course, it also helps that you can quite easily visit the Contemporary and Grand Floridian as well. We always go to both resorts to visit when we stay at the Poly. Mizner's Lounge is great at GF and we like Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary and we like to shop at both resorts as well. ::yes::

6. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

We spend more time at MK and EPCOT just because those are our favorite. Besides loving the Poly theme, it's also a great location and easier access to both of those parks. We had thought of staying at AKL before but I don't like the lack of transportation options or the distance from MK or EPCOT.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

7. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Not a frequent Poly visitor, Infact it will be our first stay in Nov but we plan on only visiting MK and EP because of the Monorail. :) Plus they are our favorite parks

8. Disneyfun67

Disneyfun67 Earning My Ears

Can anyone or everyone please tell me what would be the best longhouse to stay in? THANKS

9. Cindie-rella

Cindie-rella ...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age.

Oh My! Single digit countdown! :dance3:Just 8 more days until our 1st POLY stay ! :banana: The thought just gave me butterflies :goodvibes So excited now! Cannot wait to walk through that door and hear "Aloha" :thumbsup2 I think my granddaughter is starting to count the minutes. She's watching her countdowns and calendars like a hawk! She is so so excited! princess: :goodvibes Keeping our fingers crossed for some great weather !:thumbsup2
    Start dancing with me all you "single" digiters! :cool1::banana::dancer:party:
    :dance3::banana::yay::woohoo:

10. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

I'm with you :dance3:

11. Alli76

Alli76 Mouseketeer

Yeah me too!!! Lots to do this week. And really hoping the weather turns. Right now the forecasts include lots of clouds. This pale CT girl needs some sunlight!

12. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

Be careful what you wish for - wouldn't want it to be 90, humid and sunny all day - no fun touring the parks looking and feeling like a wilted piece of lettuce:lmao:

13. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

It all depends on what is important to you, eg. close to the Grand Ceremonial House (GCH) -restaurants/shops/moorail platform, close to the pool, close to the Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC) ... also, what category of room have you booked?

14. jalaine

jalaine Mouseketeer

6 days!!!!! The weather forecast keeps changing every day! Last week it was saying it would be 75 and sunny, then a few days ago, the week was looking rainy and warmer, now it looks to be in the mid-high 80s and sunny again. I think I'll just stop checking obsessively and be surprised when we get there :goodvibes

15. wishinuponastar

wishinuponastar Mouseketeer

No matter the weather, you will be at the Poly! Relax and enjoy your countdown! :) We will be there the end of May, and that's what i keep telling myself. ;)

16. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

That is a matter of personal preference--and your description is mine! :thumbsup2:cool1: Those pool breaks in the afternoon are spectacular in that type of weather! :wave2:

17. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

I agree! Nothing like a pool break with a nice mojito (or beverage of choice) in your hand and looking at the castle.::yes::

18. txcpamom

txcpamom Mouseketeer

I am sooo excited! DH just told me last week to book a trip to the Poly (and WDW, lol) for October! I have already booked the hotel at the airport, paid for our flight, and made the deposit on the reservation, before he could change his mind. Now I can get on here again without it hurting my heart! 189 days until I am eating a dole whip with my toes in the sand watching Wishes...and hallowishes! Guess I better get to making a new ticker. :)

19. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

I second this!!! In 41 days I will be enjoying a lapu lapu next to the pool.

20. iluvwdw5

iluvwdw5 In Luv with the Mouse

My DH & I just came back from 3 nights at the Poly in the Tahiti Longhouse .. BEST.TIME.EVER!!!!! We actually came home and changed our July resides from CSR to Poly - we are not telling our 3 boys and my parents until we arrive!! I am SO EXCITED!!

21. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

How exciting!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.