ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the January activities calendar? Just curious of the timing of things. Thanks!

Hey everyone! Despite the likely construstion to the Volcano pool that we love, we plan on returning to the Poly CL for 7 days from July 27th - Aug 2nd.

Looking forward to reading/participating in this thread until then...and crossing my fingers Ohana stays open!! popcorn::

Well it looks as if we'll be back at the Poly in late April/early May under the Disney Visa discount that came out today:goodvibes (general public discount is supposed to cone out on Monday).

We were originally booked at the Poly then switched to CR due to construction concerns. But the discount was not available for any non-CL rooms at CR over our dates. So I decided that, even with potential construction issues, I'd rather stay at Poly with a 30 percent discount than CR with no discount.

Now we just have to hope that the construction won't be too disruptive. While it looks like there will be some construction going on at the GCH and the east side of the resort, my main concerns are the Volcano Pool being operational and Kona and 'Ohana being open (have ADRs at both).

Thank you so much for mentioning the Visa discount code! I have 2 rooms booked for early June for a week, and I just changed from our AAA discount to the Visa discount and saved $2,242. I am SO happy:cool1::cool1:

Without friends on the DIS like you, I wouldn't have known about it. God bless you this year!:love:

Don't know why there is an unhappy face on my last post.......this was a VERY happy note!!:confused3

Sorry, this was my first post on my IPAD mini.

We arrive on jan 25 and are staying in Hawaii garden view. Can anyone recommend a room or preference to request? I know one level does not have balconies but don't recall which one? Thanks!

We arrive on jan 25 and are staying in Hawaii garden view. Can anyone recommend a room or preference to request? I know one level does not have balconies but don't recall which one? Thanks!

It's the second floor that does not have balconies, so you'll want to request either the first, for a patio, or the third, for a balcony. :thumbsup2

We are arriving on the same day and staying CL GV too! We like being on the 3rd floor close to the lounge. With a 3 year old it makes walking to the lounge that much easier!

Hey, we will be CL starting 1/29! Yes, the second floor doesn't have a balcony but we were on that floor last CL stay, and we enjoyed the close proximity to the lounge. It's particularly great for the fireworks at night. Enjoy!

We are arriving on the same day and staying CL GV too! We like being on the 3rd floor close to the lounge. With a 3 year old it makes walking to the lounge that much easier!

Thats great! Perhaps we'll see you in the lounge? We'll be part of three families staying until February 1 for dh's 40th birthday. Last January we stayed at the Yacht club but the year before we stayed poly Hawaii and really enjoyed our stay. Dh loves watching the fireworks from the lounge relaxing with a drink.

We'll be taking the auto train down from Virginia.

Hey, we will be CL starting 1/29! Yes, the second floor doesn't have a balcony but we were on that floor last CL stay, and we enjoyed the close proximity to the lounge. It's particularly great for the fireworks at night. Enjoy!

Excellent! We'll be there until the first of February so it'd be fun to say hi in the lounge! Sounds like a few of us will be there :)

Thats great! Perhaps we'll see you in the lounge? We'll be part of three families staying until February 1 for dh's 40th birthday. Last January we stayed at the Yacht club but the year before we stayed poly Hawaii and really enjoyed our stay. Dh loves watching the fireworks from the lounge relaxing with a drink.

We'll be taking the auto train down from Virginia.

There will just be myself, DH and DD3 for 4 nights - We'll be there for breakfast every day and apps as many times as we can. We love the food offerings there and you can't beat the view of Wishes! :-)

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I just heard that the monorail won't be running on the weekdays from 11:30-7 while we're at the Poly. This is especially disappointing because we have a chronically ill daughter who needs to return to the hotel to rest at different points during the day and the monorail was always a quick, easy way to return to the Poly. What is the best option for transport to and from MK with a wheelchair and a stroller?

With this news on top of the construction, changes in the Guest Assistance Card policy and the 3pm parade being cancelled, our trip is starting to look very different than we imagined. Try to roll with the changes though!

Is this change to the monorail temporary? If so, when does it end?

Is this change to the monorail temporary? If so, when does it end?

Monorail needs refurbishment. Everything looks old and in need of TLC our recent trip was a bit of a disappointment as well. We were not made aware of construction obstructed view nor were we compensated :confused3 Don't expect Disney Quality. Staff appeared overworked or unfriendly? Not sure... And food was bordering on bad? Seaweed salad was definitely bad and dumplings missing ginger or garlic or lemongrass??? Compared to our last experience we were a bit disappointed. Not sure how the lack of monorail will accommodate you. Wish you the best but if you don't expect the best you won't be disappointed :confused3 JMHO :confused:

P.S. Every place was dirty dirty dirty??? Got to here lots of grumbling from employees - not the magical place I remember. Even had the pleasure of two employees arguing when forks were empty. One employee told the other to which she responded 'YOU ARE NOT MY BOSS' 'NOT MY PROBLEM'...

Lovely magical experience? WTHeck? :confused3

I have a stay booked for Poly in May and am going to stay Club level for the first time! Just as an FYI, I though I would post what my IPO welcome letter said...and I quote: "As you are aware we are continuing with our Resort's refurbishment. At this time the Nanea Volcano Pool is not scheduled for refurbishment, nor is the Great Ceremonial House."
Now, I know this may be bad info. I fully expect the pool to be closed and the GCH to be a construction zone. However, it gives me a little ray of hope that things will be ok!

I have a stay booked for Poly in May and am going to stay Club level for the first time! Just as an FYI, I though I would post what my IPO welcome letter said...and I quote: "As you are aware we are continuing with our Resort's refurbishment. At this time the Nanea Volcano Pool is not scheduled for refurbishment, nor is the Great Ceremonial House."
Now, I know this may be bad info. I fully expect the pool to be closed and the GCH to be a construction zone. However, it gives me a little ray of hope that things will be ok!

That's good, at least you are being made aware and they so seriously need the refurbishment. I can't wait to see it complete. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know the dimensions of the closets? I want to bring an over the door organizer and was hoping to hang it in the closet. Thanks! 4 days until our stay!

As I recall there were two closets on either side of the fridge, coffee pot area; each closet had double doors that open out measuring maybe 1'5" each?

HTH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter