ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 45 days out and all paid up!!! I am SOOOO excited! :cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1::yay:

We've been planning since February...felt like it would never get here, and now of course, I feel like I'll never be ready. :-)

One question...does anyone know if I could have Edible Arrangements deliver something to the Poly? We are going to celebrate my parent's 45th wedding anniversary and I looked at the Disney Florist options, but my parents don't drink and my mom is allergic to most flowers, so I'm trying to come up with some other treats to have in their room. We are staying club level so would we at least be able to pick it up from the concierge desk or might they deliver it to their room?

Thanks!!

Woohoo!! :dance3:
I've been following Tikiman site for a long time now! I was so sad to hear it going and I'm THRILLED to see this! Thank you Steve for all the years of dedication and loyalty to the Polynesian. I know you've touched many, but have helped to make many of our wonderful trip memories!
Now...how to tell this to my DH, whose printer ink I literally wiped out printing pages of info for future reference...:upsidedow

Looking forward to our stay in January for Marathon Weekend!

Dominion said:
We are 45 days out and all paid up!!! I am SOOOO excited! :cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1::yay:

We've been planning since February...felt like it would never get here, and now of course, I feel like I'll never be ready. :-)

One question...does anyone know if I could have Edible Arrangements deliver something to the Poly? We are going to celebrate my parent's 45th wedding anniversary and I looked at the Disney Florist options, but my parents don't drink and my mom is allergic to most flowers, so I'm trying to come up with some other treats to have in their room. We are staying club level so would we at least be able to pick it up from the concierge desk or might they deliver it to their room?

Thanks!!

Awesome!!!!! Yes, the wait can be torturous, haha.

What a great place for your parents to celebrate their 45th anniversary!!! Congratulations to them! I have no idea if Edible Arrangements will deliver but that's a great idea, hopefully someone else on this thread will know the answer. I do believe there is a WDW bakery that can deliver items to the room.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Samoa is closer to the construction than Fiji and one side of it faces the volcano pool which can get kind of loud. Areotoa is also a nice longhouse. One side faces the monorail and the other the garden, lagoon, and theme park. There are standard (garden view rooms) on the side that faces the lagoon and theme park. I am not sure if you would hear the monorail if you were facing it but I cant imagine it would be loud based on how it sounds coming into the stop when you are outside. I would go with either of these two if it were me. In fact that is probably what we will ask for in December.

Thank you! I didn't give much consideration to Aotearoa, but I think I need to have that and Fiji as my top choices. Thank you for the info. The Poly probably isn't in our budget for every future Disney trip, so I want to be sure this stay is a great one, especially in light of the renovations.

JessicaNY said:
Thank you! I didn't give much consideration to Aotearoa, but I think I need to have that and Fiji as my top choices. Thank you for the info. The Poly probably isn't in our budget for every future Disney trip, so I want to be sure this stay is a great one, especially in light of the renovations.

You definitely won't be disappointed with Fiji. My DH and I stayed in Fiji our 1st stay at the Poly and requested it every time after that, so yeah, it's the only longhouse we've stayed in but we love it!! Aotearoa also looks like a great one. In fact, when you exit Fiji you are facing Aotearoa.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

At the poly now. Checkin was so easy and our room was ready for us as soon as we got in (noon). Got a 3rd floor room in Tokelau as requested. Have a view of the lagoon and contemporary....and the green fences. But it's still very nice. Construction isn't bad at all, so relieved! Everything is beautiful and relaxing. Fireworks from the beach are amazing!! Magic bands work great so far! It's only our second day so will write more on that later. Yay poly!!!!

Ok I am new to this DIS thing. We have been to disney several times and usually stay at CBR however, this year we are going all out since my husband is coming back from deployment an we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary!!!! We are staying at the Poly next August. Which long house would you recommend? Any tips? There will be my hubby, mom in law, our 4 yr old son and myself.

Ok I am new to this DIS thing. We have been to disney several times and usually stay at CBR however, this year we are going all out since my husband is coming back from deployment an we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary!!!! We are staying at the Poly next August. Which long house would you recommend? Any tips? There will be my hubby, mom in law, our 4 yr old son and myself.

Check tikiMan pages. He has a really good break down of all long houses. Google tikiMan Disney.

Woohoo!! :dance3:
I've been following Tikiman site for a long time now! I was so sad to hear it going and I'm THRILLED to see this! Thank you Steve for all the years of dedication and loyalty to the Polynesian. I know you've touched many, but have helped to make many of our wonderful trip memories!
Now...how to tell this to my DH, whose printer ink I literally wiped out printing pages of info for future reference...:upsidedow

Looking forward to our stay in January for Marathon Weekend!

We arrive Saturday of marathon weekend for a 7 night stay! So excited!:cool1::goodvibes::yes::

Checked in today, got a third floor room at Samoa.

Loving the balcony although the view isn't the greatest.

We are just back from our Oct 19-26 trip to the Polynesian. It was wonderful as usual. :)

Longhouse ----- We were in Samoa 3608 - Nanea pool side, 3rd floor with balcony. We arrived around 10:30am and our room was ready which was a very nice surprise.

The view from our room was great (pictures below) but it's not the quietest location. In the afternoon it gets loud even with the balcony/patio doors closed because of the noise from all the swimmers (lots of kids screaming and having fun) and the daily pool party (loud music + MC on the microphone). And early in the morning (before 7:30am) the CMs were out with leaf blowers blowing the sand & leaves from the pool deck/walkways. This wasn't a problem for us but I could see it being a problem if you had little ones that need to nap in the afternoon or if your family likes to sleep in.

Captain Cook's ---- On Friday 10/25 & Saturday 10/26 the touch screen order kiosks were covered with menu boards and you had to place your order with a CM at a podium. I didn't ask about it so I am not sure why the set-up had changed and if it was temporary. I got the adult grilled cheese and couple of times and it was yummy. I just wish Captain Cook's was bigger and setup differently.

GCH ----- We wanted to get some family pictures in front of the water feature in the GCH since this will be our last visit before the changes take place. A CM offered to take our picture and when I said "I want to get some pictures before y'all go and change the place" he smiled and said "I don't know what you are talking about" (wink, wink, nod, nod)

Snake! ----- In all the years we've stayed at the Poly this is the first time we've ever seen a snake. :crazy2: It was in the water by the little bridge by the pool. We don't know what kind it was....it was orange.

Construction ----- the heavy machinery was in full force on Sunset Point. Sad to see the area being torn apart but I'm anxious to see what it will look like once the bungalows are in.

Here's the view from Samoa 3608:

Looking straight ahead:

Looking right:

Looking left:

Yikes, I have so much to report on but life is so crazy that I don't get time to reply to this thread!! We stayed at the Poly 10/13-18 and had a fabulous time - as usual! Some pics I wanted to share:

Tokelau 1st floor vending machine and pricing:

Coca-cola vending machine - sorry the prices aren't showing up!

Premium cabana photos:

Just ignore our used towels :)

Fruit tray - um, partially eaten :rotfl: Kids couldn't resist it while I fiddled with my camera!

Tokelau 2nd floor sitting area:

Tokelau 1st floor sitting area:

Captain Cooks breakfast - Kids egg/bacon platter (not shown - grapes and hot beverage), Cheese danish (the best I have EVER had!!!), and a Mickey waffle OF COURSE :banana:

Tokelau room 1901 photos (first room on left as you enter from the pool side and it faces pool side):

Magic Bands - pre disaster :) Note to others that travel on conference ticket types - you will be forever screwed up in the Disney system - 3 trips now all screwed up because of me having a conference ticket for one of my tickets. After several trips to the front desk (and my husband saying 'why can't we just call them??? Why do we have to WALK to the front desk?? Oh, trust me…I waited 3 hours one time thinking I called the "front desk" … anyway…), they had to rebook our entire reservation and some of our fastpass+ delinked (although they said they wouldn't) but at least we stopped getting locked out of the room!! But Poly treated us much better than my disastrous problem with Beach Club - well, same problem but they denied it. (And then Poly confirmed it - nice job Beach Club :rolleyes2). Poly made sure we had some extra uber fast passes in case ours didn't work so we just used those if we had an issue.

Okay, that's all for this installment of "The Polynesian Days of Our Lives" :laughing:

We are going next August, how do we personalize our magic bands?

When you get close there will be a link on My Disney Experience.com that will allow you to pick the color you want and also have the name of the person on it and will link to your reservation, tickets, and dining plan. There are also sleeves and trinkets you can buy at the resort to put on your magic bands also.

When you get close there will be a link on My Disney Experience.com that will allow you to pick the color you want and also have the name of the person on it and will link to your reservation, tickets, and dining plan. There are also sleeves and trinkets you can buy at the resort to put on your magic bands also.
Thank you so much!

DH & I just got back on Thursday (we stayed at the BC) but went over to the Poly for dinner and decided to walk around to check out construction and the resort a little more since my youngest DD really wants to stay here next August. We love the Poly but were really surprised by how small the main pool is. I know this may be a moot point since there has been so much talk about the pool closing after the new year but if by chance it is open in August, is it big enough for all the Poly guests? All I keep thinking is that it will be elbow to elbow in that pool. Anyone stay during a busy month that can share their experience with the pool?

DH & I just got back on Thursday (we stayed at the BC) but went over to the Poly for dinner and decided to walk around to check out construction and the resort a little more since my youngest DD really wants to stay here next August. We love the Poly but were really surprised by how small the main pool is. I know this may be a moot point since there has been so much talk about the pool closing after the new year but if by chance it is open in August, is it big enough for all the Poly guests? All I keep thinking is that it will be elbow to elbow in that pool. Anyone stay during a busy month that can share their experience with the pool?

I think currently it is not too small for the resort. We have stayed there in the hottest part of August and in the middle of December, and it's never been too crowded. We've always been able to get a table or loungers without a problem.

It may end up too small once the resort has more guests due to the DVC when it is done. But, I'm not sure what the plans are for the rehab... Maybe they plan to make it larger, I don't know yet. We are waiting on some more news before we make a ressie for next August. I think we can deal with the construction, but not the construction and no main pool.

We stayed this past August and I never thought the pool was too crowded. We swam everyday and night and never felt packed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter