ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new tiki looks great! I still miss the old water feature of course but the new addition to the lobby makes it better. Just wish they would have more plant life/foliage in the GCH. That's the main thing I miss about the old lobby.

The new tiki looks great! I still miss the old water feature of course but the new addition to the lobby makes it better. Just wish they would have more plant life/foliage in the GCH. That's the main thing I miss about the old lobby.

Agree 100%

My experience booking through Orbitz is that Orbitz has to make all the room requests. Not sure about using on-line check in since I don't use it. I've always had great success getting the location I wanted when Orbitz made my requests. Its just kind of a hassle because the agent puts you on hold while they call Disney so plan to be on the phone for awhile. I believe they are calling the specific hotel instead of reservations.

Can't decide if I want to request a location for my upcoming trip to the Poly in May since I did book through Orbitz. Would like to avoid construction, but wondering if I would be better off to wait and see what I get and then hope for a change if I'm not happy with the location.:confused3

Holy moly guys. Check out the pics of the bungalows posted on ourfloridaproject and wdwmagic! Sunset pointe is back and looks amazing!!!

My experience booking through Orbitz is that Orbitz has to make all the room requests. Not sure about using on-line check in since I don't use it. I've always had great success getting the location I wanted when Orbitz made my requests. Its just kind of a hassle because the agent puts you on hold while they call Disney so plan to be on the phone for awhile. I believe they are calling the specific hotel instead of reservations.

Thanks! It seems that saving the money you can save with Orbitz makes the extra work worth it!

We are staying the last week if April and I'm trying to figure out what location to request. I would appreciate suggestions if any come to mind. These are our priorities:
1)Quiet (as in not right next to the quiet pool construction)
2)Easy location for having our toddler along, so that one person can grab dinner and bring it back, for example.
3)Out of curiosity, do the ground level rooms have patios with chairs? If so, that would be awesome. If not, hoping for a balcony.

When I booked, we didn't know where the construction would be during our stay, so my only request so far has been "quiet location." Not sure whether I want to request a certain building in advance or talk to the CM upon check-in about our room location. We won't be arriving until about 5 PM on a Friday.

Holy moly guys. Check out the pics of the bungalows posted on ourfloridaproject and wdwmagic! Sunset pointe is back and looks amazing!!!
Oh. My. Goodness. Next time I win the lottery or our company has a banner year, I'm going to stay in one of those puppies!

We are staying the last week if April and I'm trying to figure out what location to request. I would appreciate suggestions if any come to mind. These are our priorities:
1)Quiet (as in not right next to the quiet pool construction)
2)Easy location for having our toddler along, so that one person can grab dinner and bring it back, for example.
3)Out of curiosity, do the ground level rooms have patios with chairs? If so, that would be awesome. If not, hoping for a balcony.

When I booked, we didn't know where the construction would be during our stay, so my only request so far has been "quiet location." Not sure whether I want to request a certain building in advance or talk to the CM upon check-in about our room location. We won't be arriving until about 5 PM on a Friday.
Yes, patios have small table & chairs. I'd prob just keep request for quiet location, and add 1st or 3rd fl location. You could also add - close to GCH.

Last edited:
Once the Bungalows, main pool and new bar are open, is the "quiet" pool project the only major construction project left? Are all the on land villa's just about done?

All that room at the Bungalows and only 2 actual beds? I know that there is a tiny fold out bed from the wall, but I wish one of the bedrooms had 2 Queens. Just my observation.

Once the Bungalows, main pool and new bar are open, is the "quiet" pool project the only major construction project left? Are all the on land villa's just about done?

Tokelau is the last DVC building to open. I think it's scheduled for mid to late summer to open?

All that room at the Bungalows and only 2 actual beds? I know that there is a tiny fold out bed from the wall, but I wish one of the bedrooms had 2 Queens. Just my observation.
I agree. Wondering where you put the "up to 8 guests" that it's supposed to sleep?! Maybe someone gets those awesome swings outside?!?!

We are sadly back from a fantastic week at the Poly. The weather was great and we liked what we saw of the work that has been completed.

I am now hard at work on the information for the new Polynesian Village thread. I will let everyone know when it is up and ready.

In the mean time, we missed the arrival of the new lobby tiki by just two days! If someone who is at the Poly now or will be in the near future could provide me with a few pictures (wide shot of lobby showing the rock feature with the tiki and a close-up of the tiki) I would greatly appreciate it! I will also need lots of pictures of the new Lava pool, Kiki Tikis Splash area and Trader Sam's once they open. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hi all! Looking forward to our Poly CL stay over July 4th! Quick question - how does firework viewing at the resort work on the 3rd and the 4th of July? I feel like I had read that there was a special spot reserved for CL guests but I'm not sure where I read that and how true it is! Also, we are doing Mickey's Backyard BBQ at 5pm on the 4th and probably won't be back at Poly until 7:30pm (fireworks are at 9pm) - is this going to pose a problem getting a "spot" to watch the fireworks? Thanks for any help!

We were at the Poly last year over the 4th of July. Actually our dates were something like June28-July7. Even with all the construction it was still a great time at the Poly. On the third we were in the MK for the fireworks and we will never do that again. With the way the fireworks are designed it is much better to watch it from outside the park- the Poly beach. Plus the amount of people was just insane. So instead of going to DHS for the 4th like we planned, we stayed at the Poly and watched the fireworks from the beach. It was fantastic.

However, if we were to go to the Poly over the 4th of July again we would only stay club level. They had a roped off section with chairs and towels for club level guests. All other Poly guests were on their own. The Poly had been practically deserted that week because of construction and so many rooms out of inventory. They were coming in by the busloads and monorail loads that evening. (Why yes, i was annoyed by people saying "What kind of fool would pay money to stay here with all this construction?" while sitting on the beach kicking sand on my towel and taking up my space. HaHa!)

Have a great trip!

Last year the beach was closed to everyone except resort guests during the fireworks during 4th of July weekend (they were scanning MBs to verify). If you are staying CL you would have access to the lounge as an alternative.

They did not scan MB's on the beach last 4th of July or have wristbands.

Everything keeps looking better and better! It's funny, I still have never stayed at the Poly after all these years yet it is one of the resorts that's most special to me and spend lots of great time during my visits. Be it just walking the grounds, ADRs or enjoying the Great Ceremonial House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter