ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just upgraded our July stay at the Poly to club level! :D Thanks everyone for the great info helping us figure out the best options for our family. After 10 trips to Disney, this will be our first time staying on property, and we are going all out!!

Please keep the updates coming!

I'm so confused!LOL! We usually request Raratonga and love the convenience to GCH and TTC but also enjoy a little time sitting on the patio while kids can run around outside. I'm worried that the quiet pool construction will seriously affect our "quiet" moments! Can anyone tell me after construction what are the longhouses that have standard view rooms? Just want to look at my options for a request. thanks!

We are heading to the Poly for a 14 day stay in January 2016, can anyone help with the following questions?
1. When can I expect the pricing to be released for January 2016 so I can book? The wait is killing me

2. Are there club level theme park view rooms?
3. Should we bother with club level seeing as we will be on the dining plan?

4. Is the view of the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks too far away to actually bother with?

Thanks!!

We are heading to the Poly for a 14 day stay in January 2016, can anyone help with the following questions?
1. When can I expect the pricing to be released for January 2016 so I can book? The wait is killing me

4. Is the view of the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks too far away to actually bother with?

Thanks!!
Package pricing is normally released in July for the following year. But you can always book a RO reservation now.

The view of Wishes from the beach is far, but amazing. I'm sure you could search for videos on YouTube to get an idea of what to expect.

Never stayed CL so can't help with your room question, but most folks agree that it's too much food with the dining plan.

Thanks!!
We love watching Wishes from Poly. I would nix DDP with CL. It is too much food. We did that our first CL stay, and regretted it.

I posted this in the construction thread, but maybe I will have better luck here?

Okay, I have been googling and reading Tikiman's updates and my head hurts. Someone please help me. :) We are scheduled for Poly May 9th. It will be our first stay there, we usually stay at POR. We have a (will be by then) 5 month old, 4 year old and a 7 year old. We wanted to be on the monorail this time because of the baby and my son is newly diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and wanted to be able to get back to the resort quackish if needed for rest (which I don't think will be necessary, but I am in a newborn/newly diagnosed haze!! :)). So, that said the construction posts are stressing me out. We aren't huge pool people while at Disney, though I am sure we will swim one time. Should I jump ship? If we decide to stay - which longhouse should I request (standard view stay)? Thanks so much for your help. I have read through this thread and you guys are most helpful!!! Oh, and do you guys call the main line to request or the resort directly? I have heard mixed answers on that. Thanks :)

I posted this in the construction thread, but maybe I will have better luck here?

Okay, I have been googling and reading Tikiman's updates and my head hurts. Someone please help me. :) We are scheduled for Poly May 9th. It will be our first stay there, we usually stay at POR. We have a (will be by then) 5 month old, 4 year old and a 7 year old. We wanted to be on the monorail this time because of the baby and my son is newly diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and wanted to be able to get back to the resort quackish if needed for rest (which I don't think will be necessary, but I am in a newborn/newly diagnosed haze!! :)). So, that said the construction posts are stressing me out. We aren't huge pool people while at Disney, though I am sure we will swim one time. Should I jump ship? If we decide to stay - which longhouse should I request (standard view stay)? Thanks so much for your help. I have read through this thread and you guys are most helpful!!! Oh, and do you guys call the main line to request or the resort directly? I have heard mixed answers on that. Thanks :)

The main pool should be done, so if you request Aotearea (did I spell that right?) for example, you should be close to the GCH for the monorail and be away from the East pool construction that will have started by that time. You can call the main reservations line to add room requests and/or do online check-in. :-)

Thanks!!

4. Watching Wishes from the Volcano Pool is perhaps my favorite part of every WDW trip. To me, nothing more magical.

Hi all! Looking forward to our Poly CL stay over July 4th! Quick question - how does firework viewing at the resort work on the 3rd and the 4th of July? I feel like I had read that there was a special spot reserved for CL guests but I'm not sure where I read that and how true it is! Also, we are doing Mickey's Backyard BBQ at 5pm on the 4th and probably won't be back at Poly until 7:30pm (fireworks are at 9pm) - is this going to pose a problem getting a "spot" to watch the fireworks? Thanks for any help!

Question:
Do club level guests in Hawaii have access to Tonga? I'm considering a 1br in Tonga as a "meeting place" for my group of 8 family members. Just wondering if they will have access to Tonga? I know guests in Tonga have access to Hawaii...

That's a tough question. I've been in a theme park Hawaii room, but not a Tonga suite. I think the view from Hawaii would definitely be better. I've always thought the Tonga 1st floor rooms could get annoying with all the foot traffic outside the room, making me want to close the curtains, which defeats the point of a view, plus the marina views are nice but not as nice to me as a beach view. But you could end up without balconies in Hawaii, which would be a big deal for us. I really wish Disney would make balcony rooms a category, but I know they won't. (It's one of the reasons I'll probably buy in to Poly DVC when California sales open; we've always requested rooms in the 3 DVC buildings primarily to increase our chance of a balcony or patio.)

Given all that, I'd probably pick the Tonga suite and deal with the foot traffic. The suites look very nice, plus you'll get a lot of extra living space. But if a balcony or patio isn't a big deal to you, then I'd go with Hawaii.

Never thought about the balcony part. Really would hate to spend over $1000 for TPV CL and not have a balcony to watch Wishes. May have to consider standard view to save money and to not be disappointed!

The other option would be to consider TPV non-CL, but the same issue applies. I priced out CL vs. non-club level and for the price difference I can have the Deluxe Dining plan. We tend to do signatures at dinner, so this may also be an option.

Fortunately I have plenty of time trying to figure this out.

How difficult are the suites to book? I assume I will need to call as soon as 2016 opens...

Hi all! Looking forward to our Poly CL stay over July 4th! Quick question - how does firework viewing at the resort work on the 3rd and the 4th of July? I feel like I had read that there was a special spot reserved for CL guests but I'm not sure where I read that and how true it is! Also, we are doing Mickey's Backyard BBQ at 5pm on the 4th and probably won't be back at Poly until 7:30pm (fireworks are at 9pm) - is this going to pose a problem getting a "spot" to watch the fireworks? Thanks for any help!
Last year the beach was closed to everyone except resort guests during the fireworks during 4th of July weekend (they were scanning MBs to verify). If you are staying CL you would have access to the lounge as an alternative.

Last year the beach was closed to everyone except resort guests during the fireworks during 4th of July weekend (they were scanning MBs to verify). If you are staying CL you would have access to the lounge as an alternative.
Excellent! Thank you!!!

Anyone there now? Would love to see pictures of the pool construction I know they are pushing hard for it to be open before Easter!

I'm thinking of Poly for our 2016 trip and have been scoping out the different longhouses. We would get standard view, but I really don't want monorail view (so reluctant to request Rarotonga), and really want a 3rd floor balcony (so reluctant to request Samoa since I read it's the most requested standard view longhouse). So, I'm thinking Fiji. I'd love to hear what people who have stayed there thought of it!

Also, if I book through Orbitz, can I still make room requests? If so, are they honored as much as requests made through Disney are honored?

Last edited:
Also, if I book through Orbitz, can I still make room requests? If so, are they honored as much as requests made through Disney are honored?

Yes you can make room requests. Disney does not discriminate against guests who book through 3rd party vendors. You will have the same chance at getting your request granted as somebody who booked through WDW.

Yes you can make room requests. Disney does not discriminate against guests who book through 3rd party vendors. You will have the same chance at getting your request granted as somebody who booked through WDW.

That's great! Now I just have to figure out which longhouse to request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter