ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at 45 days!! Trip is paid off, ADRs set (though I wouldn't mind swapping our BOG lunch FP for a dinner ADR), photopass ordered, DD's teacher is informed of her 1 day out of school...everything is coming together!!! Still need to reserve a stroller rental and set up ME (not sure how to do that...) and then we'll be sitting pretty at the Poly before we know it!!! The kids are SO excited. Can't wait!!!

I have a cabana rental question. I am arriving early on Saturday, 11/30. We are not going to the parks that day, but are going to the Spirit of Aloha show at 5:15. Since our room may not be ready until 3, I was thinking if doing a Cabana rental.

But I'm worried they won't let me. The Disney website says you need a valid room key for the rental, and I have no way of knowing when I'll be able to check in. Has anyone done this?

We are at 45 days!! Trip is paid off, ADRs set (though I wouldn't mind swapping our BOG lunch FP for a dinner ADR), photopass ordered, DD's teacher is informed of her 1 day out of school...everything is coming together!!! Still need to reserve a stroller rental and set up ME (not sure how to do that...) and then we'll be sitting pretty at the Poly before we know it!!! The kids are SO excited. Can't wait!!!

Are you looking for an offsite company? If so we used apple in may and had no issues!

I have a cabana rental question. I am arriving early on Saturday, 11/30. We are not going to the parks that day, but are going to the Spirit of Aloha show at 5:15. Since our room may not be ready until 3, I was thinking if doing a Cabana rental.

But I'm worried they won't let me. The Disney website says you need a valid room key for the rental, and I have no way of knowing when I'll be able to check in. Has anyone done this?

I would call them but I bet if you had a copy of your reservation showing you were checking in that day that they should accept that. I am doing the same thing only renting it at 3. Did not know about the room key thing so I guess I will have to call also. I would think I would have a key by then but you never know.

It shouldn't close since all the construction is on the other side of the resort.

Oh really?

We have never stayed here but it sounds like the gym is between the GF and Poly and it also sounds like this is where construction is at.

We are going from dec 22 to jan 3rd..

Oh really?

We have never stayed here but it sounds like the gym is between the GF and Poly and it also sounds like this is where construction is at.

Nope construction is on the other side near Hawaii and Tahiti.

Oh really?

At Poly now and I jogged over to GF/poly health club this morning. The club is between GF and Poly but the Poly construction is on the opposite side of the Poly not the GF side. I could still get all the way from poly to the GF even though construction walls are still up because of GF DVC construction. Still all good! Construction at poly currently is very minimal and not affecting our stay. We shall see what Monday morning brings but still only the low silt retaining walls.

I would call them but I bet if you had a copy of your reservation showing you were checking in that day that they should accept that. I am doing the same thing only renting it at 3. Did not know about the room key thing so I guess I will have to call also. I would think I would have a key by then but you never know.

Thanks, I am going to call and ask!

Not weird at all! Or I'm weird with you. When I faxed in my request last week, I asked for "Construction View". My husband just graduated from college this year in Mechanical Design, and he's enthralled with watching things be built and torn down. He thought it'd be great to have a front row seat! :)

I used to fax in my room requests 5 days before our arrival date but I haven't done that in several years. Do the resorts still look at/consider these faxes when assigning rooms considering you can add requests during online check-in? I'd like to fax in a request with my usual request - "3rd floor with balcony" but also add something about being away from the east side construction.

I used to fax in my room requests 5 days before our arrival date but I haven't done that in several years. Do the resorts still look at/consider these faxes when assigning rooms considering you can add requests during online check-in? I'd like to fax in a request with my usual request - "3rd floor with balcony" but also add something about being away from the east side construction.

You can no longer fax requests in except I believe at POR. It is best to do online check in and make your requests and follow that up with a call to CRO to also have it noted on your reservation. I can't say you will get what you want but the chances are higher. If you don't get what you want you can ask if they can change you once you get to the resort.

I have a cabana rental question. I am arriving early on Saturday, 11/30. We are not going to the parks that day, but are going to the Spirit of Aloha show at 5:15. Since our room may not be ready until 3, I was thinking if doing a Cabana rental. But I'm worried they won't let me. The Disney website says you need a valid room key for the rental, and I have no way of knowing when I'll be able to check in. Has anyone done this?

Whenever you check in, you'll get your "key", either a KTTW card or MagicBand at that time even if your room is not available yet. You should be fine!

You can no longer fax requests in except I believe at POR. It is best to do online check in and make your requests and follow that up with a call to CRO to also have it noted on your reservation. I can't say you will get what you want but the chances are higher. If you don't get what you want you can ask if they can change you once you get to the resort.

I actually called the Polynesian two weeks ago and was told faxes are accepted and should be sent ten days prior.

I actually called the Polynesian two weeks ago and was told faxes are accepted and should be sent ten days prior.

Unfortunately, you spoke to someone at a call center, not at the Poly, and they gave you bad/old information. As a previous poster stated, POR and POFQ are the only 2 WDW resorts that read and act upon faxed room requests. All other resorts toss them without reading them.

3 weeks till our first time at the Poly! Counting down the days!

It will be here before you know it :dance3:.

It seems really official once the trip is paid in full :goodvibes. I hope the next 45 days goes fast for you :wizard:.

Unfortunately, you spoke to someone at a call center, not at the Poly, and they gave you bad/old information. As a previous poster stated, POR and POFQ are the only 2 WDW resorts that read and act upon faxed room requests. All other resorts toss them without reading them.

This is correct. Faxes used to be accepted, but that has changed, with the exception of the 2 resorts mentioned above.

I had read that and know about the call center. I checked multiple times, multiple methods of contact, and I received the same answer each time, different people. I figure it can't hurt. The only thing it does is waste a few minutes of your own time.

I had read that and know about the call center. I checked multiple times, multiple methods of contact, and I received the same answer each time, different people. I figure it can't hurt. The only thing it does is waste a few minutes of your own time.

No it doesn't hurt but I wouldn't count on it to help either. It has been widely announced that faxing except at POR and POFQ is no longer an option. No matter what number you call you get CRO and they are known for having incorrect information. I just don't want to see you get your hopes up that faxing will help.

No it doesn't hurt but I wouldn't count on it to help either. It has been widely announced that faxing except at POR and POFQ is no longer an option. No matter what number you call you get CRO and they are known for having incorrect information. I just don't want to see you get your hopes up that faxing will help.

Not necessarily true. I have called multiple resorts directly for my clients. You just have to have the correct numbers. ;)

In all the times I've visited Disney World, I've had my room request fulfilled a whopping one time (at least it was our honeymoon!). :) No hopes up or down here. :) Though I'd like to think my construction view request has a slight chance of at least raising an eyebrow! ;) I'm inclined to believe no one looks at anything any which way or my feelings might get hurt!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter