• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be expected if booking club level end of June 2014?

Any refurb to Hawaii bldg? Pool out of commission? Don't mind other DVC construction.

Thanks

We are going back to Poly CL in July 2014. We were just there July 2013. We spent most of our time at the Quiet Pool. They built some mini cabanas around the quiet pool and there was plenty of seating. Out of 10 nights we only spent a few hours at the Volcano Pool (it was so crowded that we could not find seating) and that was when we rented a cabana. Our kids did go to the beach to play. We went to the beach too. The Hawaii building is so nice now with the refurb. If you don't mind the DVC construction like us, then you will be fine. I would miss Capatain Cooks. We only ate at Ohana 1x and did not eat at Kona. Being in the Hawaii building is like being in another world at the Poly. It is a great building to come back from the parks to relax.

Not weird at all! Or I'm weird with you. When I faxed in my request last week, I asked for "Construction View". My husband just graduated from college this year in Mechanical Design, and he's enthralled with watching things be built and torn down. He thought it'd be great to have a front row seat! :)

:rotfl2: Construction View - I LOVE IT!!

Not weird, sounds like my DH! :rotfl: He's not in the construction industry, but he has a real interest in that kind of thing!

My son has also developed the construction interest so it is something he and his dad can share. And the two of them are so friendly that they will go up to the workers and ask all sorts of questions - not about whether they are building DVC but what kind of materials they are using, how large something has to be, what the codes are in Florida, etc :laughing: Construction in Florida has very different codes and needs than in high and dry Colorado (ok TYPICALLY dry Colorado :eek:).

Sounds like someone is going to have to start a new thread for all the people who are going to the Poly specifically for the construction and views of it....lol.

Builders unite!

:thumbsup2 Yeah for builders! Of course, my house is in a constant state of construction so Disney feels like home to us. At least they put up walls and scrims - my husband just leaves the dirt and wood piles out for years :rolleyes1 Seriously though, I am very happy and lucky to have him :lovestruc

I do have it on the longhouse floor plans but I have been working on new floor plans with more detail and showing where the new HA rooms are. I am also showing where the king bed rooms are. I just have not posted them yet but I have a list of all rooms from the Polyneian that have the updated room view catagories, which HA rooms were added, etc. I am in the middle of creating a new site so some of the new info has made it onto that and not on to the current site. I have not decided if I will release the new site because I have considered not doing this anymore. I will see if I can put together a list of the HA rooms and post it on my Disabilities page. I have started to update the info on the right side of the Longhouse page that shows the room numbers of the HA rooms. I am not sure if I will update Rapa Nui and Tahiti because I believe they will come out of the available rooms soon.

I GREATLY appreciate your website and contributions to facebook and the DIS!!! I direct many family and friends to your site and have you included in my 'Mouse Tips' document I give out. You know us freaky Disney people that do these things ;) My husband only likes staying at the Polynesian if 'he really must go' to Disney World (don't be fooled, he enjoys it! Pool and beer and you can't go wrong!)

I can completely understand that it consumes a lot of your time without being a 'paid' job though. I hope you continue it in some shape or form. I trust your information and it cuts through a lot of the speculation and misinformation we get from other sources!!

Thank you for the info. We have the choice between the POly or GF for our vow renewal and even though we honeymooned at the GF my heart is at the Poly, so that makes it my first choice. I suppose we could live with the quiet pool since it is right outside Hawaii. My only other concern would be how the contruction would affect our pics. We get a photographer for an hour and i would hate to see contrustion in the background. I am thinking of booking and keeping in touch with IPO about ongoing contruction and then praying i could switch to the GF.:duck:

There are so many beautiful places around the resort that I am sure they could get some gorgeous pictures with no construction in them at all. I would not let that worry you.

We are going back to Poly CL in July 2014. We were just there July 2013. We spent most of our time at the Quiet Pool. They built some mini cabanas around the quiet pool and there was plenty of seating. Out of 10 nights we only spent a few hours at the Volcano Pool (it was so crowded that we could not find seating) and that was when we rented a cabana. Our kids did go to the beach to play. We went to the beach too. The Hawaii building is so nice now with the refurb. If you don't mind the DVC construction like us, then you will be fine. I would miss Capatain Cooks. We only ate at Ohana 1x and did not eat at Kona. Being in the Hawaii building is like being in another world at the Poly. It is a great building to come back from the parks to relax.

I totally forgot about the quiet pool! As long as there is A pool, my kids will be happy. Plus, if there is the option of going to GF then that is cool too. I think we will stick with Poly, I cant imagine being anywhere else.

Very true and the reason love Hawaii! Is can't cooks slated to be closed too?

Very true and the reason love Hawaii! Is can't cooks slated to be closed too?

No word on the timeline for Captain Cook's as of yet from what I have read. According to Tikiman on the Official Poly Construction Update Thread Post #634 he stated that the last time they closed Captain Cook’s the QS was relocated to the old Snack Isle location (I'm not sure where that is).

No word on the timeline for Captain Cook's as of yet from what I have read. According to Tikiman on the Official Poly Construction Update Thread Post #634 he stated that the last time they closed Captain Cook’s the QS was relocated to the old Snack Isle location (I'm not sure where that is).

I believe it is by The Neverland Club

Thanks for all the responses. I spoke to DH tonight and we are going to book GVCL for our June 30 anniversary/vow renewal. Hopefully, IPO can keep me updated on construction progress through email and if it seems really crazy i hope we can switch to the GFSL.

Thanks for you post. This is good to keep in perspective. We are booked in Hawaii for August. Nervous that pools and restaurants will be closed. Really it's the build up of what I have planned in my head, Kona, O'hana and a cabana day and immersing in paradise. Our backup is YC CL, and I'm just not jazzed about that. Too much concrete.

We are here! After an hour of dd screaming on the plane here we scrapped our plans for downtown disney and decided to just chill at the resort and eat an early dinner at captain cooks! Ds went down the volcano pool 3x! It feels perfect here!! This is our first time!!

We are here! After an hour of dd screaming on the plane here we scrapped our plans for downtown disney and decided to just chill at the resort and eat an early dinner at captain cooks! Ds went down the volcano pool 3x! It feels perfect here!! This is our first time!!

That is the great thing about the Poly - it really is a vacation in itself :thumbsup2 Enjoy!!!

I'm so excited. We'll be there in a few days!!!
:cool1:

Yeah!!! Have fun and hopefully you can post your experience - and pictures :)

Paid off the trip last week, today we got our Disney Docs, Thursday is our 1 month countdown, Magic Bands should arrive soon after. Woo Hoo! after 10 months of planning it is finally happening!

Will the walkway to the gym from the Poly be closed down due to all of construction?

I haven't seen details about that walkway yet but so far, the construction seems more concentrated on the other side of the resort. But it all depends on what happens. And of course, it depends on when you are going.

I haven't seen details about that walkway yet but so far, the construction seems more concentrated on the other side of the resort. But it all depends on what happens. And of course, it depends on when you are going.

It shouldn't close since all the construction is on the other side of the resort.

We'll be staying @ Poly Nov 11-17th and we are sooooo excited. It's our first time!!:cool1: I was going to do online check in and request a building but...I've never been there, LOL so I have absolutely no clue what to request! What's everyone's favorite? Just one thing to keep in mind and that is my little guy is in a wheelchair so we did make ressies for an accessible room. Also, with all this construction talk going on, should I make a request now and hope for the best?..or...wait a bit and see if more info. comes in regarding the locations of the buildings that are being renovated. Construction or not ~ we are super excited and will make the best of whatever craziness we find! :banana:

You're going to love the Poly :goodvibes. We stayed in Samoa and loved the location. It was convenient to everything as it's just steps from the volcano pool, GCH, beach, and Captain Cooks ;).

There are so many beautiful places around the resort that I am sure they could get some gorgeous pictures with no construction in them at all. I would not let that worry you.

I agree :thumbsup2.

I spoke to DH tonight and we are going to book GVCL for our June 30 anniversary/vow renewal. Hopefully, IPO can keep me updated on construction progress through email and if it seems really crazy i hope we can switch to the GFSL.

I think you made a good choice.....book the Poly and see what happens as things progress :).

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

I'm so excited. We'll be there in a few days!!!

:banana::banana:

Paid off the trip last week, today we got our Disney Docs, Thursday is our 1 month countdown, Magic Bands should arrive soon after. Woo Hoo! after 10 months of planning it is finally happening!

It won't be long before you're checking in at the Poly :dance3:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter