ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carly...see if you can request Samoa - ground floor. We once had a standard view ground floor facing the pool that you could walk off the terrace and see the fireworks in about 10 feet. Loved it with kids and close to the pool and GCH.
Have fun! We'll be there in 2 weeks!!!!!:cheer2:

I believe Tikiman's website(not FB) shows the various bldg and location of the HA rooms.
Special needs use to block a particular room but not sure if thy still do that or not

I do have it on the longhouse floor plans but I have been working on new floor plans with more detail and showing where the new HA rooms are. I am also showing where the king bed rooms are. I just have not posted them yet but I have a list of all rooms from the Polyneian that have the updated room view catagories, which HA rooms were added, etc. I am in the middle of creating a new site so some of the new info has made it onto that and not on to the current site. I have not decided if I will release the new site because I have considered not doing this anymore. I will see if I can put together a list of the HA rooms and post it on my Disabilities page. I have started to update the info on the right side of the Longhouse page that shows the room numbers of the HA rooms. I am not sure if I will update Rapa Nui and Tahiti because I believe they will come out of the available rooms soon.

I do have it on the longhouse floor plans but I have been working on new floor plans with more detail and showing where the new HA rooms are. I am also showing where the king bed rooms are. I just have not posted them yet but I have a list of all rooms from the Polyneian that have the updated room view catagories, which HA rooms were added, etc. I am in the middle of creating a new site so some of the new info has made it onto that and not on to the current site. I have not decided if I will release the new site because I have considered not doing this anymore. I will see if I can put together a list of the HA rooms and post it on my Disabilities page. I have started to update the info on the right side of the Longhouse page that shows the room numbers of the HA rooms. I am not sure if I will update Rapa Nui and Tahiti because I believe they will come out of the available rooms soon.

Hi Steve. Are u looking to make a new tikiman page all together or a new face book page? I do hope u stick around. Ur a wonderful source of information and a lot of people stand by u. I wish u luck in whatever u do.

Hi, we will be staying at the Poly next month with our Grandchildren. Where do I purchase the marshmallow roasting kit for the firepit?

Tikiman Your site and FB page is a wonderful and much needed by the guests of the Poly, past present and future but I can understand the great amount of time it must take to keep up.

I do have to say yours is the only site that I have encountered which has info on HA rooms, other than incomplete lists on a couple of threads mentioning a room number or location. :thumbsup2

Hi,
We are booked for the Poly May5-12, 2014. I am not concerned with there being construction but VERY worried about the pool. If the construction for it starts in January, should it be complete by May? Does anyone know? I really cant imagine staying anywhere but the Poly!

We'll be staying @ Poly Nov 11-17th and we are sooooo excited. It's our first time!!:cool1: I was going to do online check in and request a building but...I've never been there, LOL so I have absolutely no clue what to request! What's everyone's favorite? Just one thing to keep in mind and that is my little guy is in a wheelchair so we did make ressies for an accessible room. Also, with all this construction talk going on, should I make a request now and hope for the best?..or...wait a bit and see if more info. comes in regarding the locations of the buildings that are being renovated. Construction or not ~ we are super excited and will make the best of whatever craziness we find! :banana:

You'll have a great time, I'm sure! My daughter uses a wheelchair too (can walk short distances so we didn't need an accessible bathroom or anything) and we requested 1st floor Tokelau, quiet pool side last visit. We got everything we requested and we were right near the entrance so it was perfect. We love Tokelau's location (not far from both the GCH and TTC) so if we don't do CL, that's where we stay. Sounds like the construction will be on the opposite side of Tokelau (east), so you may want to request facing the quiet pool.

I'm sure I speak for may of us who appreciate all of the info you have given us over the years and hope you continue to do so! For example, right now, the majority of guests would know nothing about what is going on with the construction! I do get that it's a lot of work, and sometimes with no reward, but criticism for what you're telling people (don't shoot the messenger!) If I had your contacts I would consider a website to carry on if you decided not to continue (I do some freelance writing, so that's right up my alley), but a huge part of what you do is providing that inside information that WDW isn't so great at disseminating! :)

You'll have a great time, I'm sure! My daughter uses a wheelchair too (can walk short distances so we didn't need an accessible bathroom or anything) and we requested 1st floor Tokelau, quiet pool side last visit. We got everything we requested and we were right near the entrance so it was perfect. We love Tokelau's location (not far from both the GCH and TTC) so if we don't do CL, that's where we stay. Sounds like the construction will be on the opposite side of Tokelau (east), so you may want to request facing the quiet pool.

What's the benefit of doing online check in? We don't really have any requests but I don't know if I should do it or not

Steve I really do hope you continue your pages. You are a wealth of information. There is no other place for people to look to find the kind of information contained on your pages. I know sometimes it must feel like shoot the messenger but there are so many more of us who really really appreciate you.

What's the benefit of doing online check in? We don't really have any requests but I don't know if I should do it or not

The main benefit is it could save you some time upon arrival. There is a separate line in the lobby for those who have done online check-in and they will already have your package, with tickets and all of your information already assembled and ready to go. At quiet times it doesn't really make a lot of difference if the lobby is empty, but if you hit at a busy time it could spare you waiting in a long line.

There are mixed reviews on whether or not you are more likely or not to get your requests when you do online check-in. Since you don't have any, it's not really an issue!

The other thing people like about online check-in is it's just another milestone to make it feel like your trip is that much closer. :)

The main benefit is it could save you some time upon arrival. There is a separate line in the lobby for those who have done online check-in and they will already have your package, with tickets and all of your information already assembled and ready to go. At quiet times it doesn't really make a lot of difference if the lobby is empty, but if you hit at a busy time it could spare you waiting in a long line. There are mixed reviews on whether or not you are more likely or not to get your requests when you do online check-in. Since you don't have any, it's not really an issue! The other thing people like about online check-in is it's just another milestone to make it feel like your trip is that much closer. :)

Thanks for the explanation :)

Hi,
We are booked for the Poly May5-12, 2014. I am not concerned with there being construction but VERY worried about the pool. If the construction for it starts in January, should it be complete by May? Does anyone know? I really cant imagine staying anywhere but the Poly!

I was booked for May 2014 and have thought a lot about this, so I'll share my perspective:

If you use how long it took them to do the GF courtyard pool as a benchmark (this took over 7 months - from August 2012 to early April 2013) and they start on the Nanea pool in January, the chances of it being open by May are slim.:sad1:

Keep in mind that they're not just redoing the pool. From what I understand from reading Tikiman, they're redoing (and retheming) the whole area between and including the pool and GCH (which includes putting in a Trader Sam's).

Your better hope, IMO, is that they end up delaying this. But given the speed at which things are starting to move, I'm not as optimistic about this as I once was.:confused3

Along those lines, I've changed my ressie from Poly to CR garden wing (I may change back if construction issues end up being less intrusive than I'm currently envisioning - FWIW, going forward, even with Tahiti and Rapa Nui out of the picture, I think it will be easier to change from CR to Poly than from Poly to CR).

Anyway, just my $0.02.

I was booked for May 2014 and have thought a lot about this, so I'll share my perspective:

If you use how long it took them to do the GF courtyard pool as a benchmark (this took over 7 months - from August 2012 to early April 2013) and they start on the Nanea pool in January, the chances of it being open by May are slim.:sad1:

Keep in mind that they're not just redoing the pool. From what I understand from reading Tikiman, they're redoing (and retheming) the whole area between and including the pool and GCH (which includes putting in a Trader Sam's).

Your better hope, IMO, is that they end up delaying this. But given the speed at which things are starting to move, I'm not as optimistic about this as I once was.:confused3

Along those lines, I've changed my ressie from Poly to CR garden wing (I may change back if construction issues end up being less intrusive than I'm currently envisioning - FWIW, going forward, even with Tahiti and Rapa Nui out of the picture, I think it will be easier to change from CR to Poly than from Poly to CR).

Anyway, just my $0.02.

Thanks - I think I will follow your advice! I am so sad though, I love everything about Poly, including the pool! :(

What would be expected if booking club level end of June 2014?

Any refurb to Hawaii bldg? Pool out of commission? Don't mind other DVC construction.

Thanks

What would be expected if booking club level end of June 2014? Any refurb to Hawaii bldg? Pool out of commission? Don't mind other DVC construction. Thanks

Geez I'll be happy with the quiet pool and the beach :) I haven't been to the Poly since 2009! I NEED my Poly fix.

What's the procedure for checking in club level? I'm used to driving up and checking in at the GCH while the bell services loads up the bags under wife's supervision, then I leave them at the GCH and go park the car. Do we have to check in at Hawaii or do the same thing at the GCH?

What's the procedure for checking in club level? I'm used to driving up and checking in at the GCH while the bell services loads up the bags under wife's supervision, then I leave them at the GCH and go park the car. Do we have to check in at Hawaii or do the same thing at the GCH?

Yes, what you do is when you drive up they will ask for your name and then someone from the Hawaii building will come down and take you to the hawaii building and they will check you in there.

Thanks

What would be expected if booking club level end of June 2014?

Any refurb to Hawaii bldg? Pool out of commission? Don't mind other DVC construction.

Thanks

Geez I'll be happy with the quiet pool and the beach :) I haven't been to the Poly since 2009! I NEED my Poly fix.

Hawaii was just refurbed this year, so that won't be a concern.
If they stick to the rumoured schedule that's floating around the volcano pool work should start in January. It sounds like an extensive re-theming, so it's likely it could still be on-going into June. However, the quiet pool was redone not that long ago, so shouldn't be under construction.

Hawaii was just refurbed this year, so that won't be a concern.
If they stick to the rumoured schedule that's floating around the volcano pool work should start in January. It sounds like an extensive re-theming, so it's likely it could still be on-going into June. However, the quiet pool was redone not that long ago, so shouldn't be under construction.

Thank you for the info. We have the choice between the POly or GF for our vow renewal and even though we honeymooned at the GF my heart is at the Poly, so that makes it my first choice. I suppose we could live with the quiet pool since it is right outside Hawaii. My only other concern would be how the contruction would affect our pics. We get a photographer for an hour and i would hate to see contrustion in the background. I am thinking of booking and keeping in touch with IPO about ongoing contruction and then praying i could switch to the GF.:duck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter