ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer not to listen to the music. I think it's time for a change. I can only be surprised when "The Blue Fairy" shows up to save the day so many times.

Katie

LOL We saw Wishes several times but never listened to the music. We could hear it sort of in the distance but it was just fun to watch the fireworks and to see Tinkerbell fly. That is what I found so cool was that even though you were far away you could still see her fly.

It is so awesome that they did this for you. Gotta love Disney and the Poly for how they treat their guests. It is treatment you would not get anywhere else.

Without a doubt. My son bought a Perry the Platypus Pillow Pet in the Main Street Emporium at MK. When we got back to our room at the Poly, he realized it had a hole in the seam. I called the Guest Service number on the receipt. They said I could bring to the closest location to exchange or return. They checked inventory for me at Trader Jacks at the Polynesian. I walked over and they replaced the Pillow Pet. It was especially nice to have the same treatment when we got home. We were really disappointed about the mug. We were very relieved that they wanted to make good on the defect. Very consistent customer service. No complaints.:goodvibes

I bought the cream-colored coffee mug the first week of March and all the screen-printing has washed off already. :confused3

Oh no! That's the one I wanted!!! Did you wash I dishwasher?

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Without a doubt. My son bought a Perry the Platypus Pillow Pet in the Main Street Emporium at MK. When we got back to our room at the Poly, he realized it had a hole in the seam. I called the Guest Service number on the receipt. They said I could bring to the closest location to exchange or return. They checked inventory for me at Trader Jacks at the Polynesian. I walked over and they replaced the Pillow Pet. It was especially nice to have the same treatment when we got home. We were really disappointed about the mug. We were very relieved that they wanted to make good on the defect. Very consistent customer service. No complaints.:goodvibes

I am so happy they did these things for you and your son. They are awesome. On our last vacation we had inadvertently left the second part of the charger cord to my wheelchair at home. Without it my chair was useless. They actually had someone go out to several stores to purchase a new cord for me. My son also misplaced his hat in the first room we were in. I called the Poly lost and found. They had it and are sending it to my home free of charge. I don't know of anyplace that would do these things for you. It's things like these that make you feel like you matter to them and are just not another source of revenue.

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

I want one of these too but now I know not to put it in the dishwasher. Since we are only 4 people we really don't use the dishwasher all that much but I will make sure it doesn't get in there when we do use it.

I want one of these too but now I know not to put it in the dishwasher. Since we are only 4 people we really don't use the dishwasher all that much but I will make sure it doesn't get in there when we do use it.

Family of four and you don't use the dishwasher much??? Tell me your secret!! We were family of four now three as my son moved out & we have to run dishwasher almost daily!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Family of four and you don't use the dishwasher much??? Tell me your secret!! We were family of four now three as my son moved out & we have to run dishwasher almost daily!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am home all day so anything used during the day I wash. My eldest son does the dinner dishes and pots and pans. I actually don't think we have even used the dishwasher since we moved into this apartment last December. If I worked we would probably use the dishwasher.

Yes, I put everything in the dishwasher. It does NOT say "not dishwasher safe" on the bottom. It's the perfect size for me so we still use it even though it's now blank. :rolleyes:

(And we're a family of three and I run the dishwasher every day -- sometimes twice a day.)

Just ran into the rudest cashier at Walmart. I bought pineapple and caramel sauce amongst other things. As she was checking me out she kind of looked at me when she picked up the two things. I said "We just got back from Disney World" and was going to tell her it was something we enjoyed there. I didn't get the chance. She looked at me and said " It must be REALLY nice to be rich." I was floored. I said " We are not rich by any means'" to which she answered " If you can go to Disney World you are rich." We save for our trips and yes we do go deluxe but we save for that. My dh is the only one working as I am disabled. Yes we could go much less expensive if we went to a value but we would be uncomfortable and that is not what a vacation should be. We give up a lot of things to save to go. I am sorry if Walmart doesn't pay her a decent wage but there are other places to work and she shouldn't run others down. It makes me very leery to mention to anyone we have gone to Disney now.

Just ran into the rudest cashier at Walmart. I bought pineapple and caramel sauce amongst other things. As she was checking me out she kind of looked at me when she picked up the two things. I said "We just got back from Disney World" and was going to tell her it was something we enjoyed there. I didn't get the chance. She looked at me and said " It must be REALLY nice to be rich." I was floored. I said " We are not rich by any means'" to which she answered " If you can go to Disney World you are rich." We save for our trips and yes we do go deluxe but we save for that. My dh is the only one working as I am disabled. Yes we could go much less expensive if we went to a value but we would be uncomfortable and that is not what a vacation should be. We give up a lot of things to save to go. I am sorry if Walmart doesn't pay her a decent wage but there are other places to work and she shouldn't run others down. It makes me very leery to mention to anyone we have gone to Disney now.

I am so sorry that happened to you. We get that a lot too, especially when people find out we had a Disney wedding. It's so rude for people to assume and judge! Hugs to you, and know that all of us on here 'get it.' :)

Honey you should report her to the manager, you can call ask for a manager and give her the cashiers name off the receipt. She shouldnt get away with that thats completely uncalled for! :flower3:

Karriealex, you should have said "Yep rich and shopping in Walmart"!!! :thumbsup2 There will always be rude people out there because they dont know any better.... Please dont ever be leary to mention disney or any trip for that matter to anyone! Be proud and never justify what you do or where you go to anyone! :thumbsup2 im curious to know, what were you making w/ pineapple and caramel sauce?!!?!? LOL sounds yummy!

A trip to Disney is a luxury for most. Can you have a little compassion for her? She's a Walmart cashier. You never know what's going on for someone else. She may be struggling just to feed her kids or pay her rent. $500 a night at the poly may be her grocery money for the month. Just brush it off.

A trip to Disney is a luxury for most. Can you have a little compassion for her? She's a Walmart cashier. You never know what's going on for someone else. She may be struggling just to feed her kids or pay her rent. $500 a night at the poly may be her grocery money for the month. Just brush it off.

You have got to be joking! It has nothing to do with how much she makes.. The fact is she was unprofessional and should in the very least be written up. I always have compassion for my fellow man but that doesn't mean they have the right to be rude, no matter their or my financial circumstances!

Karriealex, you should have said "Yep rich and shopping in Walmart"!!! :thumbsup2 There will always be rude people out there because they dont know any better.... Please dont ever be leary to mention disney or any trip for that matter to anyone! Be proud and never justify what you do or where you go to anyone! :thumbsup2 im curious to know, what were you making w/ pineapple and caramel sauce?!!?!? LOL sounds yummy!

That occurred to me after I left that if I were rich I sure as heck would not be shopping at Walmart. We had pineapple that we dipped in caramel sauce at the lounge. It was so good. They also used to serve it as dessert at Ohana. I never thought of getting it at home until today when we were at the store. Just nice to bring a little bit of the Poly home.

Thank you all for understanding. At first I thought maybe I was being too touchy but that comment really hurt. We are not rich people and we go without a lot of stuff to be able to make these vacations possible. We make sure we have the necessities but the kids and my dh and I go without a lot of stuff we would like to have just to save. These vacations are necessary also. My dh works at a job that is very physically demanding. He is not a young man but is doing a young man's job. He needs to be able to get away, relax, not think about anything. The Poly and Disney does this for him. No matter what I will make going away to the Poly possible for him. He works hard, he doesn't ask for much, and he deserves it.

She was still very rude. "You never know what's going on for someone else." That lady had no right to call out the OP when she doesn't know any other information.

Katie

I was lucky when I bought a few resort mugs on my last trip. One of the employees recommended that I only hand wash because they didn't do well in the dishwasher. I am glad she did or I would have thrown them in there, although I only use my dishwasher once every month if that. It is used as a drying rack more than anythfing.

Hello all,

I haven't been following the Poly thread since our stay last October - I tend to get active on the boards when we have a trip coming up and then fall off after the trip. Both for time, and because it's kind of depressing to be reading all about everyone's upcoming trips when ours just ended! :confused3 Now we have another stay booked for October and I'm getting all excited again. I'm working my way through reading this entire thread, but I'm only on page 80 or so and I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen answers to, and realized I can't remember ever reading them. But I can't promise, I'm sorry if it's all repeats! :lovestruc

Anyway, we're booked in a lagoon view club level room. We actually wanted GV CL, but could only get LV and that was after checking on the website multiple times a day. I was all depressed (ok, not really depressed, because in the grand scheme of life this is nothing, but I was dissappointed) that we couldn't get CL with the fall discount. I was so excited when it randomly popped up a few nights ago as available. Despite the extra $$, I am getting excited about the LV. I hope it doesn't spoil us into always wanting LV, like our first CL stay spoiled us into always wanting CL!

My question is, can you hear the Wishes and Hallowishes music in the rooms in any way, like through the TV on a designated channel? My husband is excited to be able to see the fireworks from our balcony (hopefully) instead of the lounge. But I think the music is what makes the fireworks, particularly during MNSSHP, and I think if we can't hear the music I would still rather be in the lounge. If you can't hear the music in any way, does anyone feel the fireworks are still just as good from your room? I can't imagine they would be.

I guess that was a super long winded way to ask a question, sorry! :rotfl2:
From inside your room - no, however, you can hear the music from your balcony as they pipe the music through speakers on the beach.
79CF469C000B75F043E9CDD02D603D37.png

I do have compassion and in fact tried to tell her different ways she might be able to afford to go away. Is it my fault though that she works at Walmart and for what her financial situation is? No it's not and therefore I should not have had a rude comment shot at me because I was able to do something she cannot. I skrimped and saved for this vacation. It was not given to me. She should have not said anything at all if she had a problem with me going away and her not. I know people who can do a lot of things I can't and can afford different things I can't but I do not make rude comments just because I can't.

From inside your room - no, however, you can hear the music from your balcony as they pipe the music through speakers on the beach.
79CF469C000B75F043E9CDD02D603D37.png

I think there is a channel on the room TV that plays the soundtrack for the fireworks shows. However, I might be confusing WDW and DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter