ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

That's awesome!!!!

I say it's worth the money!!! We have never stayed CL but absolutely love the Poly!!! This September will be our 4th stay at the Poly.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Great News! :banana:

4. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

The best money you ever spent!

We will be there in just over a month as well but just garden view which is aok with me! Oh and we are from ct too.

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You're going to love the Poly.....it's an amazing resort :goodvibes.

Congrats on being paid in full :cool1:.

6. wmoon

wmoon Mouseketeer

Hi.

We arrived at the Poly last night for our first ever stay. First impressions... It's fabulous! Cm's have all been lovely.
    We are in a refurbished room in Tokelau. The room is very nice and huge! The only slight thing is we would have like a balcony but we are on the first floor. I had requested Tokelau and a full balcony, they offered to move us in a few days to the second floor but advised a young tour group are arriving and we would be right next to them so we declined!
    Anyway, we are here for 18 days and have already had dole whips and watched wishes from the beach, theme parks start today...

7. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

18 DAYS??? I would be in heaven!!!!!

Have a great time :thumbsup2

8. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Glad you love the Poly......you are going to have a great 18 days :dance3:.

9. tdunaway

tdunaway Mouseketeer

Does anyone know about what time the DCL bus picks up to head to the port? We sail on 8/22 and the only Ohana breakfast reservation available is 8:35. Think we can finish before the bus picks up? Thanks!!!

10. micknme

micknme Mouseketeer

We are so excited to be returning to the Poly this coming October and are wondering if Eugene is still the chef in CL. He had just started when we were there last and we found him to be so nice and helpful. It would be great to see him again this trip.

I can hardly wait to watch wishes from the CL lounge. No other lounge can compare!!!

Thanks so much.

11. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Yes, the fabulous Chef Eugene is still there. He's like family to us. It's always so nice to see familiar faces when you check-in!

12. micknme

micknme Mouseketeer

That is fantastic news. We were there the week he took over and he said he really wanted to stay there. I am so happy to know we will get to see him again!

Thanks for letting me know the good news!!!

13. karenklo

karenklo DIS Veteran

Heading to the POLY Cl in a few weeks! Cannot wait to be back! I keep scrolling thru pics getting more excited! I will see some of you there!
    :cool1:

14. USCAnna

USCAnna Mouseketeer

I made the request for Tokelau after looking at the Tikiman site. ;)

15. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

I'm glad you will get to see him again, too! He is such a sweetheart. He's always asking what he can do for everyone he sees.

16. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

My dumb question of the day..

At captain cooks there is a microwave, right? I seem to remember there was one on the past few times I went.

How about a toaster?

And while I asking dumb questions, does the fridge still get cold that it will freeze an ice pack in the way back but not freeze the milk up front? I remember it did that the last time.

Oh and the ice in the long houses-is it made out of drinkable water?

Ok that was more then 1 dumb question.

17. NSchreck

NSchreck Earning My Ears

I am here at the Poly now (loving Hawaii). Wanted to update everyone on 'Ohana. We enjoyed breakfast at 'Ohana on 6/25. Pictures were taken outside in front of the sign. I guess the inside pictures with Stich didn't even last a month!

18. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You should have enough time, but you might try checking on the DCL cruise forums for pick up times. We are taking our first DCL cruise in December so I have been reading threads over there lately and this has been asked a few times (although I can't remember what the time frame is). I want to say they pick up around 11:00 or 12:00, but I'm not sure.

Have a great trip :yay:.

I know there is a microwave, but I'm not sure about a toaster. I can't answer about the fridge as we don't use it, but hopefully someone will be able to answer about that as well as give a definite answer about the toaster ;).

Glad you're having a nice trip and enjoying CL :goodvibes. Thanks for the update on the Ohana pictures.

19. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

Thank you and YUM! We will do the Poly portion of our stay Sunday - Thursday so we will get to try quite a few things.

20. wmoon

wmoon Mouseketeer

There is a toaster, I saw one yesterday.

21. Our3ps

Our3ps Mouseketeer

Anyone know the cost of the Lapu Lapu?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.