ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Congratulations, Grandpa! He's ADORABLE!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Hi! I posted a "Who's going to the Poly in August" thread on the "countdowns and live reports" board, which is a sub-board of this resorts one. We have quite a few of us who will be there the same time, and that thread is helping us to organize DisMeets. I don't know if there's one for May, but if not, you can start one!

Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

carl What a beautiful baby boy!!! Congratulations!!! :goodvibes

5. i_heart_the_mouse

i_heart_the_mouse DIS Veteran

Squee! Baby pics! He is beautiful! Congrats Carl!:goodvibes

6. Janny

Janny Earning My Ears

What a PRECIOUS Baby Boy!!!!

May Liam and his family be blessed with a beautiful and happy life together for

many years to come!!

I LOVE how he looks all wrapped up and snug as a bug in a rug!!!

God bless!!!

7. Grace&Carolinesmom

Grace&Carolinesmom DIS Veteran

carlnix30 He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I just love newborns. So soft and sweet. I remember the days of rocking babies to sleep. Pure heaven:cloud9: Congrats! And the best part is you can hand Liam back when he makes a poopy diaper or starts crying from gas--teehee. LOL that it is your older son. I have to admit I forgot you had a child older than your DD17 until I read your comment at the bottom :rotfl2:

8. Grace&Carolinesmom

Fingers crossed for you. I remember when I was young trying so hard to get a tan. I would lay out in baby oil. Just burn and peel. I gave up during college as I finally figured out I would never be a tan goddess but forever a shade of blinding white. sigh....I so envy those with olive colored skin that tan to a beautiful toast. BUT....tis better to be pale and healthy :thumbsup2 Go for the cabana--doctor's orders!!

9. crostorfer

crostorfer Gryffindor Gal

Congrats Grandpa Carl!!!

One question, however. WHY, pray tell, does that baby not have a lei around his neck and a pineapple drink in his hand? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? (Non-alcoholic, of course) :laughing:

10. carlnix30

carlnix30 DIS Dad #559

Awe!! He is kinda cute!! Thank you!
    Thank you very much!

Thank you
    thank you!

Thank you!
    They do look so content! Like they know all the secrets of the world.. But they aren't telling!! :rotfl2:
    you left out smelling their little newborn heads!!:love: I don't know what that smell is but.. It's newborn baby head smell..
    I realized when i was posting this, that i had to clarify it was not my DD17. She is so little and sweet, I couldnt even imagine her being pregnant.. Much less having one at 17. :rotfl2:

He's old enough to hold my lapu lapu!! No drinking but hey he can hold it! :rotfl2:

Really weird being a grandpa at 42!!:scared1: But you start young you become a grandpa young!

11. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

3 bottles white Zinfandel
    2 oz chardonnay
    6 oz Grand marnier
    6 cans sprite
    2 cans frozen cranberry juice (with water)
    1 can frozen pineapple juice (with water)
    2 cans frozen orange guava passionfruit juice (with water)
    Ice
    Orange cut up
    Can pineapple tidbits with juice

Makes approx 3 gallons

12. carlnix30

carlnix30 DIS Dad #559

This recipe belongs on the top!!
    :worship:

Lol!! But not!! You know they are actually trying to pass a law to keep anyone under 18 out of the tanning beds. I personally think its a great idea. I am not fair skinned but I found that if I spend an extended period of time in the sun (15 minutes or more) I break out in hives!! So SPF 1,000,000 for me! :rotfl2: I am kinda scared of spray tan as well.. What do they put in that stuff to make us tan!?? :scared1:
    You deserve the cabana ALL DAY! Get it while it's shaded!! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

13. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 <font color=blue>Wish I could get my countdown tim

Congrats Carl he's absolutley perfect :goodvibes

Can't wait till Oct to see my first grandchild :cloud9:

14. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Carl my dad became a grandfather at 44. He loves that all the ladies fawn over him at the playground because he's a young grandpa.

15. WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS

WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS DIS Veteran

We've always wanted to stay there, I love the theming, but that's a deal killer for us

16. crostorfer

crostorfer Gryffindor Gal

I am sooooooooooo going to the grocery store right now. WOW, that sounds so good.

I wish I never would have started. I think I went into a tanning bed for the first time at 18, before senior prom. I continued to tan pre-summer for the next couple of years, and when I lived in San Diego, I tanned year round. I wish I could take it all back. I can remember being 21ish and saying "Well, I may be ruining my skin but when I'm 30 I'll be so old I won't care anyway." I'd like to go back in time in Doc's Delorian and kick my own butt. I'm 35 now, and I DO care.

I do have a brand of spray tan I like, the Loreal Sublime Bronze Airbrush. It's super easy to use and it doesn't streak. It is stinky though, they all are. So, if you are roaming around WDW in August and see me pass by, and you wonder what that awful smell is, it's me, LOL!!!

17. MikeRx

MikeRx Mouseketeer

Life on the opposite end....I'm 43 and have a 4 year old son! Why don't ladies fawn all over me at the playground?...I guess when you are the dad they can smell the fatigue and leave you alone. Ah the subtleties between a 42-44 year old “young grand dad” and "old dad". Regardless, my wonderful DW would shoe them away....
    All kidding aside, congratulations Carl and thank you for keeping this post supplied with pictures and stories!
    Is it April 21st yet?

Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, last visit WDW 2/2010 BC CL and DL GC 12/2010, future WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, 7/2012 (off site meeting), 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!
    [​IMG]

18. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

Carl, your new grandson is a real cutie! He's the second adorable newborn I have seen today. Those of us who started late are still waiting and in no hurry! I do worry that by the time my two are settled and ready--I'll be too old to babysit! :rotfl: Was Liam born today? If so, he shares the date with the Tiki family's latest addition! Could be a future Polynesian connection there. . .:love:

Enjoy him and start planning now for that first visit to Disney with him. :woohoo:

19. TinkPirateMom

TinkPirateMom DIS Veteran

You know, getting her on the DIS is a really good idea, thanks! I think it might help her get excited. I try to include her in the panning but she rolls her eyes at me. However, I was watching a Disney Parks special the other night and I totally caught her getting into it so there is hope! She has been to WDW before but not since 2005. We have been vacationing at all-inclusive island resorts the past few years and she really likes that especially the teen clubs so I think she is just trying to sway me back to the islands.

I think we will be there at the same time (Nov. 3-11, 2012):)

Good luck with the biopsies. It does sound like you just have to have a cabana now!

Oh my gosh, he is just precious! Congratulations Grandpa! I love his name too.

I started young with my daughter so I'm likely to be a young Grandma as well. Problem is I started over again and have a 3 year old son in addition to my teen so that will make things interesting!

20. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

It doesn't look likely, unless there is a REAL major overhaul of the resort or DVC is added somehow. The pool area was redone in 2001-ish...if one wasn't added then, we have to think it's just not in the plans. I was at the Poly in the summer of 2010 when they were starting to install electricity for the cabanas. I got hopeful at that time they might be putting in a hot tub, but no. I rationalize no hottub by reminding myself of the massive amount of GERMS in those things. People soup...eeeew!

21. Grace&Carolinesmom

OMG-----do you have a live cam in my house???? R U Watching my keystrokes???? I actually WROTE a few more sentences about how I love the smell of newborn babies especially burying my nose in their neck. I was gonna ask you to take a sniff for me. I erased b4 posting thinking everyone would think I was a freak. Seems we are both "sniffing freaks" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Must be that PA connection in our blood. (My Dad grew up in Edystone right outside Philly). Yes siree, I love to smell newborn babies ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.