ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

We rented a cabana for a half day last fall & definitely thought it was worth it. It is $100 for half a day (10:00 - 2:00 or 3:00 - 7:00) or $185 for a full day.

Poly must-do's:
    Wishes from the beach
    EWP
    torch lighting ceremony
    hula lessons
    sea raycer rental (you should get a coupon with your documents if you booked a package)
    my DD9 & DH love hanging out in the arcade
    campfire & movie on the beach
    take the boat to or from the MK

Happy planning!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 204charity

204charity DIS Veteran

What is EWP? :confused3
    And when are the hula lessons? That may be fun! :banana:

4. carlnix30

carlnix30 DIS Dad #559

Thank you very much!

:rotfl2::rotfl: thank goodness he can't read!! :rotfl: I'll show him this post in about 6 years.:thumbsup2
    Pool hours are 24 hours. Lifeguards are there during the day. But the slide closes when they leave.
    Awe!! :love:
    Cabanas worth is solely up to the person renting them. I would suggest getting a cabana just to allow you and yours to have a semi-private retreat from the pool chaos. They give you the opportunity to get in the shade or the sun with a lot more elbow room. You'll have a base camp for all your stuff and you will always have a comfy chair to sit in! Go for it! :thumbsup2

5. carlnix30

carlnix30 DIS Dad #559

Electric Water Parade.
    It's a light and music show that they do in front of the resort in the lake. every night before the fire works. Kind of cheesy but we can't wait to see it any chance we get. You can see it on YouTube but its not the same as actually being there.

6. maiapapaya

What Carl said above re the EWP. We also think the music is totally cheesy (sythesized) but we love it!

I think the hula lessons are around 3:00. They are in the main lobby. When you check in you will get an activities guide and the exact time will be listed in there.

7. mamarissa

mamarissa Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info, hula lessons sound awesome and I know dd12 will love that. I didn't realize you could rent a cabana for a half day, I am definitely calling today to book it now. Thanks :)

8. maiapapaya

You're welcome!

We rented the cabana for the earlier time slot. You will get a bar fridge stocked with water & soda as well as a fruit platter. CC's is right there so someone ran in at lunch time for some snacks. You could always order room service instead though and we had our cabana attendant bring us a round of drinks from the pool bar. He was very attentive and checked in on us a couple of times. There is also a pager if you get an urgent need for a lapu lapu and he isn't around! :rotfl2:

My girls love the hula lessons - and my older sister! Auntie Shari always does it with them & I am the photographer! They give you grass skirts & lei's to wear and at the end they handed out little participation certificates.

9. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

:rotfl:
    That sounds wonderful:love:....come back and give your review please..popcorn::
    And the Poly love :hug:

Can't tell you worth it....I renting our first cabana this trip...but some shade, drinks, respite.....:goodvibes IMO it will be worth it for us. Our kiddos are 11,7,6,5,3 when we go (2 May bdays) DH will do the swimming, I'll be hanging with the little ones...looks like we may run into each other there. :)

10. princssdisnygina

princssdisnygina Disney Princess

I am going to miss the Poly in May. I am going with my BFF and he wants to stay in the new Royal rooms so we are going to give the princesses a chance! But no worries... we will be there for dinner and I will be back in September AND December! :goodvibes

I am definitely craving some Ohana!:rolleyes:

11. 204charity

204charity DIS Veteran

Awesome! We plan on being back at the poly for a few afternoons while there, so this may be something fun to experience!

Yes - I have heard of this. Can't wait to see it!

We have the cabana rented for our last day!!! The WHOLE day!!!! Our flight doesn't leave until 8:30 at night, so we thought this would be a nice, relaxing way to spend our last day in DW.:yay: Whoo Hoo!!

12. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Wow 2 weeks to go for you!! So jealous!:goodvibes You must be so excited!:thumbsup2

13. 204charity

204charity DIS Veteran

We sure are! We have started packing now, so that makes it seem that much closer. Things have been a tad hairy around here lately though - sick son, sick daughter, our son has dental surgery on Tuesday, our dog has surgery on Thursday, I have a mid-term on the 10th....ugh! So much going on right now, it's a bit overwhelming to be honest. :eek:

I guess I am just ready for the STUFF to be done and the sicknesses to go away so I can just look forward to our trip that's all....... :sad1:

14. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

That always seems to be the case...leading up to something someone always gets sick. Sorry! Hoping everyone is well soon and your kids bounce back quickly.:flower3: We have had to drag ours onto the plane a little less than well before :headache:

15. auprincess

auprincess DIS Veteran

yay for 15 more days!! We have had a crazy few days lately, too...hopefully it just means everything will be a-okay when it is time to leave! I am getting sooo excited about revealing the trip to the girls! We are going to do it next week-end. I've been packing and bought a bunch of stuff for the trip today. I picked up one misting fan, and I should have gotten 2 ( and I will go back for another). My 6 and 3 year old were fighting like cats and dogs over that thing when they saw it!

16. kimberwee

kimberwee Mouseketeer

Do any of the cabana renters remember what the food selection was like when you request delivery? Wonder if they would deliver a plate lunch from Kona.

17. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

For us it was the standard private dining menu from room service.

18. maiapapaya

We didn't get food delivered in, but I think it's the same as the in-room dining menu, so it would come from Kona's kitchen.

19. KAA1972

KAA1972 Mouseketeer

Can someone describe where the premium cabana is in relation to the volcano pool? I'm fairly familiar with Poly but I don't remember seeing the premium cabana. It's on the beach, right? But, how close to the volcano pool?

20. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Now you guys are making me feel like our whole 10 nights should be at the Poly and that our last day should involve a cabana rental....:rolleyes1

21. KAA1972

KAA1972 Mouseketeer

I just drank the Kool Aid and rented a cabana. Now, thinking about premium cabana. Lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.