ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. We are now thinking about staying at the Poly in January. But I'd like to know about any closures like with the swimming pool fences going up and what rooms will be renovated by then. Is Tikiman Facebook usually up to date? Better to call hotel? (as well as keep tabs on these boards as well!).

Also, dumb question, how do I find Tikiman on Facebook? I just joined and am accessing with an iPhone. I didn't see a fb link on his website. Thanks.

Kbohannon said:
We are at the Poly right now and they told us Tiokelau is being renovated, beginning during our stay. We requested in Sept. 2011 and again prior to arrival. You may want to call and check in or provide another choice. Sorry o be the bearer of bad news!

Kim

Can u confirm where this info comes from? Tikiman quoted the front desk CMs today that there is no closure scheduled for Tokelau through October ??

Tikiman is not always correct.

WOW....harsh.

Well I just report what they tell me. If things change after they tell me something, there is not much I can do about it.

Their schedule says Tokelau will be done next March. Aotearoa is scheduled to be the first to get the new rooms starting in October. You can believe me or not. Also had Tourning plans at the front desk to ask them to check the system to see if Tokelau was going down and they saw nothing all the way out to October.

Thats my 2 cents.

Aloha

WOW....harsh.

Well I just report what they tell me. If things change after they tell me something, there is not much I can do about it.

Their schedule says Tokelau will be done next March. Aotearoa is scheduled to be the first to get the new rooms starting in October. You can believe me or not. Also had Tourning plans at the front desk to ask them to check the system to see if Tokelau was going down and they saw nothing all the way out to October.

Thats my 2 cents.

Aloha

I'm not being harsh. I didn't say you intentionally post incorrect information just misinform people. I'm just stating that you aren't always given correct info. I'm a huge fan of your site and appreciate any info you can provide, but just like any other news source, not all information will be 100% correct all of the time. :hippie:

Aww...lets not pick on Steve. He is an awesome source of information for the Poly and beyond that is a really nice guy! A lot of the useful information on this thread has somehow originated from him and his site!

Let's face it..Disney is the master of keeping people guessing. They have not officially announced GF DVC and we all know that it is a hot mess of construction over there. We were there when they were building BLT and people were literally looking at you like you had two heads when you asked what they were building.

Plans change and Disney keeps better secrets than the CIA so let's give tiki an the benefit of the doubt because he certainly is in the know a lot more than most people, especially people who work at the Poly.

I would do smiley faces and hugs but I am on my iPad and have no idea how to do it! Steve, you rock and I personally thank you for all your efforts keeping us addicted to the Poly with your info :)

Tikiman!!! We are all big fans and appreciate all you do to keep us Poly lovers as informed as possible! We also know how unpredictable all those decisions can be at Disney.

It's GREAT to see you here on this site!!! :hug: My DH and I will be at the Poly in a few weeks and plan to send you a trip report and all the info we can gather. Thanks for EVERYTHING!

Aww...lets not pick on Steve. He is an awesome source of information for the Poly and beyond that is a really nice guy! A lot of the useful information on this thread has somehow originated from him and his site!

Let's face it..Disney is the master of keeping people guessing. They have not officially announced GF DVC and we all know that it is a hot mess of construction over there. We were there when they were building BLT and people were literally looking at you like you had two heads when you asked what they were building.

Plans change and Disney keeps better secrets than the CIA so let's give tiki an the benefit of the doubt because he certainly is in the know a lot more than most people, especially people who work at the Poly.

I would do smiley faces and hugs but I am on my iPad and have no idea how to do it! Steve, you rock and I personally thank you for all your efforts keeping us addicted to the Poly with your info :)

I wasn't picking on anyone, as I pointed out in my post above.

I wasn't picking on anyone, as I pointed out in my post above.

I didn't take it that way at all, you were simply pointing out that sometimes facts can be incorrect from any source, whether it be tikiman, The DIS, or Disney themselves. With which I agree with you 100%

I didn't take it that way at all, you were simply pointing out that sometimes facts can be incorrect from any source, whether it be tikiman, The DIS, or Disney themselves. With which I agree with you 100%

Thanks Tara. That's exactly how I meant it. Not picking on anyone.

I understand Dani and no need for anyone to get upset at you. I was just surprised by that response. Im not often in here but everyone was emailing me about this rumor that started on the DIS.

I spend a lot of time confirming the info I get and not just going off rumors by cast members because I know they are fed wrong information all the time. I just want to clarify that I can’t remember the last time I posted anything that was not true at the time I posted it. It may seem like I got wrong information that I passed along to everyone but usually it was correct information at the time I posted it and Disney changed the plan. A good example is the Fourth of July wrist banding stuff. It was 100% accurate because CMs from the resort were being informed that it was going to happen and from that I posted what they were told was happening. Then they decided not to do that. Also when they planned on doing more to the quiet pool and the dates they originally set changed but I saw the memos that went out stating the dates and there was even an artist rendering of what the pool was going to become so I know the information was correct, they just changed their plan. That happens often so I always try to tell people that even when they have a plan written out and given to the staff, it can change the day it was supposed to happen.

Not that I can’t make a mistake (happens every day unfortunately…ha) but I try and make sure something is right before I post it to everyone when it comes to the Polynesian. Sometimes I just don’t have the info so I won’t just make something up or if I am guessing based on info I do have then I try and be very clear that it is a guess. I hear lots of rumors even from those at the resort but I know where I can get information I can trust.

There are many people here that have great resources also so you are in good hands when it comes to info on this forum. Anyway we are all here to help each other.

Well I am not really supposed to post here so I better go before I get banned.
I hope everyone has a great visit to the Polynesian and soon there will be many new things there to enjoy.

Aloha

Steve

Can u confirm where this info comes from? Tikiman quoted the front desk CMs today that there is no closure scheduled for Tokelau through October ??

This information s what we were told upon check in at the hotel. Ther have been a few issues w ith communication at the desk, so perhaps this is incorrect, but we were told it will be being renovated during part of our stay. I am just sharing what we were told to prepare others!
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter