ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have done the online check-in for the past 2 years and have loved it! There was not a spot to request a particular longhouse. What I do is, once the trip is paid off, I call and request the longhouse I want. So far, knock on wood, the past 2 years my request has been granted.

Thanks! I actually went into the Online Check In this morning and it now lists all the longhouses under requests. It also has other options like Ground Floor and stuff. You can pick up to 2 requests. It's pretty cool!:thumbsup2

Well, it's been 2 years, but I am happy to be back following the POLY thread. We stayed at the POLY for the first time in October 2010 and my husband is now Poly spoiled and won't stay anywhere else! But, that means, we won't be taking a trip every year now because we have 3 little boys and 5 people at the POLY for a week makes for trips that are beyond our finances. I am hoping for our next trip to be October 2013. I've been tucking away money in a milk jug hidden in the laundry room. So, I can't wait to catch up on this thread and live vicariously through you all!

Well, it's been 2 years, but I am happy to be back following the POLY thread. We stayed at the POLY for the first time in October 2010 and my husband is now Poly spoiled and won't stay anywhere else! But, that means, we won't be taking a trip every year now because we have 3 little boys and 5 people at the POLY for a week makes for trips that are beyond our finances. I am hoping for our next trip to be October 2013. I've been tucking away money in a milk jug hidden in the laundry room. So, I can't wait to catch up on this thread and live vicariously through you all!

Since our first stay at the Poly, my dh has been spoiled too...lol It is so hard not to get spoiled after staying there. I just had my 3rd boy which makes things harder to go every year (this year was the first year we missed :)

Thanks to all who chimed in, we upgraded to CL and are excited to be staying at the Poly!!

Today I was a lot more pre vacation productive than I anticipated :thumbsup2

While getting my house back in order after our summer of softball and doing 15 tons of laundry, I did end up calling the IPO and making a few ADRs which I got exactly at the time and day I wanted which was awesome. I also discussed with them the "welcome back gift" from Mickey and Minnie which is trip tradition. Now I have to think of something to do for DH for our 15th anniversary :love:

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Especially from you guys on the thread. Cabana rental is out as he would not enjoy that and he is not a golfer.

DD dug through her "Disney" box and has her pile of stuff started and I even pulled out my Disney box to start placing things in which normally happens 6 months before a trip :eek:

I did print off easy WDW suggestions for the days will be there so I will glance through those and DD and I are going to make some maps tomorrow. I hope they arrive before we leave though! I also anticipate that I will be getting Mickey Mail soon as well :banana:

So I guess I am in the Disney trip mode now! One month from now I will be watching Wishes pixiedust:

I will definitely be posting to the Poly facebook page and DD and I will both be doing Instagram and Twitter as well while we are there so I will make sure I share every detail for all you Poly lovers :goodvibes

While getting my house back in order after our summer of softball and doing 15 tons of laundry, I did end up calling the IPO and making a few ADRs which I got exactly at the time and day I wanted which was awesome. I also discussed with them the "welcome back gift" from Mickey and Minnie which is trip tradition. Now I have to think of something to do for DH for our 15th anniversary :love:

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Especially from you guys on the thread. Cabana rental is out as he would not enjoy that and he is not a golfer.

DD dug through her "Disney" box and has her pile of stuff started and I even pulled out my Disney box to start placing things in which normally happens 6 months before a trip :eek:

I did print off easy WDW suggestions for the days will be there so I will glance through those and DD and I are going to make some maps tomorrow. I hope they arrive before we leave though! I also anticipate that I will be getting Mickey Mail soon as well :banana:

So I guess I am in the Disney trip mode now! One month from now I will be watching Wishes pixiedust:

I will definitely be posting to the Poly facebook page and DD and I will both be doing Instagram and Twitter as well while we are there so I will make sure I share every detail for all you Poly lovers :goodvibes

Hi , haven't seen a post from you lately. Looking forward to your updates and pictures :) I haven't posted in awhile but now that we're booked for the end of September, (finally got Passholder discount) I will be reading and posting alot.

DebbyLof428 said:
Hi , haven't seen a post from you lately. Looking forward to your updates and pictures :) I haven't posted in awhile but now that we're booked for the end of September, (finally got Passholder discount) I will be reading and posting alot.

It feels good to be back! We are going for a quick 4 night trip but I am happy to be able to go! I thought for sure it would not be in the cards this year!

Happy planning for your trip.

Grumpymom73 said:
Thanks! I actually went into the Online Check In this morning and it now lists all the longhouses under requests. It also has other options like Ground Floor and stuff. You can pick up to 2 requests. It's pretty cool!:thumbsup2

That's great to hear! I had called and made a request but I will definitely make the request again when I check in online!

My dh is also spoiled with the Poly.

The first time I took him he cringed at the thought of paying (OK I was paying) to stay there so we stayed at the WL. Next trip was the Poly & he was hooked.

He hates Disney per say but begs to eat or go on certain rides but he said if he has to go there the Poly is the way to go. I was trying to get him to stay at the BC next year but he said no...phew...since I love the Poly too.

Very productive!!!

I would suggest a cake? We have a lovely one created by Chef Brian for a dinner at Contemporary for our 3rd anniversary (check my dining review for pics in sig) in my husband's favorite flavor combo (chocolate and peanut butter...) It was PERFECT and he was super pleased!

I only made 1 request and it was Tokelau. I will let you know how it worked out.pixiedust:

We are at the Poly right now and they told us Tiokelau is being renovated, beginning during our stay. We requested in Sept. 2011 and again prior to arrival. You may want to call and check in or provide another choice. Sorry o be the bearer of bad news!

Kim

We are at the Poly right now and they told us Tiokelau is being renovated, beginning during our stay. We requested in Sept. 2011 and again prior to arrival. You may want to call and check in or provide another choice. Sorry o be the bearer of bad news!

Kim

Thanks for the info. Guess I need to change my request.
Any suggestions?

I just saw some of the refurb room pics in Tikiman Facebook, I am excited! The hallway carpet looks neat....does anyone know when Tokelau would be done? We requested it for Sept...:goodvibes

Very productive!!!

I would suggest a cake? We have a lovely one created by Chef Brian for a dinner at Contemporary for our 3rd anniversary (check my dining review for pics in sig) in my husband's favorite flavor combo (chocolate and peanut butter...) It was PERFECT and he was super pleased!

Ordering a cake is a crap shoot. I ordered one for our 10th anniversary last year, also from the CR. I had worked out all of the details with Chef Brian. I had seen all of the lovely pictures of cakes out of his bakery, but when I saw our cake I wanted to cry. It was horrible! It looked soo amateurish and like it had just been thrown together. It was so horrible, in fact, that the manager at the CG compted us the cake (worth about $75) without me even complaining. She came right over to our table when it came out, offered us her congratulations on our anniversary and said the cake was on them (plus they threw in some champaign). It tasted great, but looked terrible. So disappointed. A safer bet might be one of the mini wedding cakes from the GF bakery, rather than a custom cake.

(Breezysmom actually knows this - she was there at the time and I think saw the abonimation LOL, but I just wanted to warn others that the custom cakes can be hit and miss!)

I just saw some of the refurb room pics in Tikiman Facebook, I am excited! The hallway carpet looks neat....does anyone know when Tokelau would be done? We requested it for Sept...:goodvibes

We also requested Tokelau for September. Wondering when it will be done and if I should add another longhouse request.

Grumpymom73 said:
Thanks for the info. Guess I need to change my request.
Any suggestions?

Is Tokelau between GCH and TTC?
Why not try Fiji. It's right next to the volcano pool and GCH, we always request Marina view.

SugarSpice said:

Same here! Now it's the only resort my husband and I want to stay at, but it is pricey. Good luck on your trip for next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter