ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called and requested Tokelau or Samoa...:cool1: 135 days and counting :rotfl:

Seriously!!! Checked the extended forecast for next week and its calling for rain. I have lived in FL before and know that the weather changes quickly and it will more than likely rain at least once, but this shows 60% Thunderstorms with Dark Green shading...

Booo!

Consider this my "rain, rain, go away..." dance:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Seriously!!! Checked the extended forecast for next week and its calling for rain. I have lived in FL before and know that the weather changes quickly and it will more than likely rain at least once, but this shows 60% Thunderstorms with Dark Green shading...

Booo!

Consider this my "rain, rain, go away..." dance:

I'll dance with you :dance3: :dance3: because it's calling for rain over the weekend for me too and I want to go to Epcot and not have too cancel my pool cabana rental

:dance3: :dance3: (additional dancers for some extra influcence)

I'm considering throwing in an extra cabana day. We loved it so much last year. I can't imagine sitting by the pool all day without one! Night time isn't a big deal because there's no sun to hide from but during the day there's nothing better than having your own little area to retreat to complete with drinks and fruit!

I'll dance with you :dance3: :dance3: because it's calling for rain over the weekend for me too and I want to go to Epcot and not have too cancel my pool cabana rental

:dance3: :dance3: (additional dancers for some extra influcence)

I know that DVCZERFS should be dancing with us...:rotfl:

I'm considering throwing in an extra cabana day. We loved it so much last year. I can't imagine sitting by the pool all day without one! Night time isn't a big deal because there's no sun to hide from but during the day there's nothing better than having your own little area to retreat to complete with drinks and fruit!

And you know that no matter how crowded the pool is you'll have a chair! :cool1:

Just got back a few days ago from our first ever Poly vacation! What a great resort. The grounds are just breathtaking, as is the location.

I am already planning my next trip. I am sad to be home.

Just got back a few days ago from our first ever Poly vacation! What a great resort. The grounds are just breathtaking, as is the location.

I am already planning my next trip. I am sad to be home.

Welcome back! The poly grabs you and never lets go! Now all you have to do is look at your photos and watch for discounts on the poly!

Am I allowed to ask a non-Poly question here? The rest of the DIS overwhelm me!

What are your thoughts on EMH? Two friends at work swear by them, but I'm reading online to avoid the parks with EMH since they're so busy. Does it make a difference if we have hoppers?

Anywhere online to see what days we should do/avoid which parks?

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!

What are your thoughts on EMH? Two friends at work swear by them, but I'm reading online to avoid the parks with EMH since they're so busy. Does it make a difference if we have hoppers?

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!

Only go to the EMH Park if you are actually going to take advantage of the EMHs. Later, when the crowds starts to get heavy, use your hopper to head to another park! The EMH park will get very busy, but it is good to go to that park for the actual EMHs & then leave. Make sense?

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!

We have always avoided EMH parks and had great luck. You can use the crowd calendar at www.easywdw.com and it is free with lots of explaination too. Have a great vacation :goodvibes

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!

We like to take advantage of the morning EMH's. We have always been able to ride our must-do's at virtually walk-on except TSM, which was maybe 10 minutes. On EMH days we are easily done in the parks by early afternoon and heading back to the Poly for some resort time, avoiding big crowds. We have been at MK a few times during evening EMH and those are crowded.

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!

I don't have a lot of experience but I do know from our trip just last week the one day we went to a park with EMH it was the most crowded we had seen all week when we avoided them. It was Sat. April 28 and Disney switched around the evening EMH to Epcot that day and it was too late for us to juggle the schedule. We got there for rope drop and did what we wanted to do but by 1pm when we left it was very crowded with long lines.

Thanks! 2 1/2 days!!!

we only do the am emh. we get there at rope drop and find the place alot less crowded the first hour or two. example,the mk, we can hit about 5-6 rides in the first hour and if your like space mountain or any of the long wait rides, that is the time to do them. if you come stollen in at 10am, the park is going to be getting crowded.
we do rope drop everyday. stay till about 12-1pm. go back to the resort, nap,hang out then back to a park around 4pm or so. seems to work well for us for years.

Thanks to everyone for the EMH info, esp. that link to EasyWDW - very helpful! So, it looks like we'll try to do parks that DON'T have EMH, unless we're going in particular for the early EMH. Thank you so much - I'm trying not to stress, but it's in my nature. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter