ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you done a pre-rope drop breakfast at Akershus in Norway? I have an 8:10 am ADR and was planning on being at the TTC at 7:30 am. But just read on a Poly TR that they drove to their Akershus breakfast because Poly CL told them the monorail does not start running until 1 hour before opening (which would be 8 am, and would be too late for us). Has anyone here gone from Poly to epcot before 8 am? we have a car, can can drive, but would rather take public transport. Otherwise, we won't be able to have adult beverages later that day and drive back.

Has anyone here gone from Poly to epcot before 8 am? we have a car, can can drive, but would rather take public transport. Otherwise, we won't be able to have adult beverages later that day and drive back.

I'd suggest taking a taxi from the Poly to EPCOT for that early and the monorail isn't running. If a taxi isn't readily available (and there usually are a few of them in the taxi line at the Poly) someone from Bell Services or the valet can call one for you. :goodvibes

Tess~ Aloha! Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing your pics. Did you happen to get Polynesian Pout 2010? :laughing:

I did get a 2010 version of the pout--unfortunately Photobucket is not working worth a tinkers darn and I can't get photos uploaded. :headache: Anyone else having problems with Photobucket?

Have any of you done a pre-rope drop breakfast at Akershus in Norway? I have an 8:10 am ADR and was planning on being at the TTC at 7:30 am. But just read on a Poly TR that they drove to their Akershus breakfast because Poly CL told them the monorail does not start running until 1 hour before opening (which would be 8 am, and would be too late for us). Has anyone here gone from Poly to epcot before 8 am? we have a car, can can drive, but would rather take public transport. Otherwise, we won't be able to have adult beverages later that day and drive back.

We had an 8am reservation at Akershus last Dec and we took the monorail and got there in plenty of time. We were staying at the Contemporary and took the monorail to the TTC then got on the Epcot monorail and I would say we were through security by 740

:rotfl:That was my TR you read....yeah, the monorail wasn't running, but CL CMs told us that there was a bus you could catch over there...a 'character bus'....not sure what a character bus is??? Does anyone know??? Maybe you could call and ask. Would love to know what that is. If EP has EMS hours that morning then you would be fine...the monorail would be running. Who knows? I was a little shocked when they told me the monorail wasn't going to run until 8am. Didn't really want to have to drive:rolleyes: Give yourself enough time to walk to Norway, too....it's a bit of a stroll.

I did get a 2010 version of the pout--unfortunately Photobucket is not working worth a tinkers darn and I can't get photos uploaded. :headache: Anyone else having problems with Photobucket?

I had this problem a while back....I had too many photos on there, so I had to upgrade and pay a small fee to have unlimited pictures. Not sure if this would be your problem. Glad y'all had a great trip! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Here are some photos from my favorite building Tahiti! A ground floor room with Magic Kingdom view.

WDW09223.jpg

WDW09213.jpg

WDW09215.jpg

WDW09219.jpg

WDW09220.jpg

WDW09214.jpg

Does anyone know if the hairdryer in the rooms at the Poly are full size or are they the smaller travel size dryers?

I just wanna figure out if I need to take my full size blow dryer or not, since I have to blow dryer my hair every time I get it wet or it's a huge mess. If the dryers in the rooms are the smaller ones I'll bring my own so I don't have to spend to much time on it.

I did notice in the pictures on the first page the blow dryers are not connected to the wall (from what I could tell), which is nice and hopefully means they are full size!

Just to let you know the last time I was at the Poly, the hair dryer was not attached to the wall, but it was a low wattage dryer. Luckily (and seriously not kidding) it BROKE! I called housekeeping and they brought me a brand new BIG 1875 watt FABULOUS hair dryer. So if you don't like the dryer, perhaps ask housekeeping if they have a new one.

Just got back last night from a one week stay at Poly. We were in Tahiti, GV. It was our 1st stay at the poly.....Will we ever stay at the Polynesian again?? Probably not :( Sorry, I just wasn't impressed. I did like the size of the room and bathroom. Double sink and my family of five was comfortable. Maybe my expectations were too high.....we did have a wonderful time though. No regrets! :)

I will attempt to compile my very first trip report with pics soon (hopefully!) Now, back to laundry .....:laundy:

Stephanie

Sorry you might not stay at the Poly again. I certainly am interested in your trip report so make sure to come back and post that link!

Hi guys!

I am sure this has been asked a zillion times, but I just can't happen to find the answer right now. What is the best way to request a specific longhouse? We are coming up on 2 weeks from our arrival date and I know I want to request Tokelau, but I've never stayed at the Poly before and I'm not sure how to do so!

I am SO EXCITED thanks to all of the fabulous into in this thread! :woohoo:

Call Disney reservations 4 - 10 days prior to arrival and mention your request. You should request in order of preference so your first request (longhouse, floor, etc.) should be your most important request. Good luck!

You are very welcome! Glad I could help! Just to let you know, it's the pomegranate lemonade light. Still very tasty!

Tess, so sorry I didn't get a chance to run into you and your family when we popped over at the Poly. Would have loved to meet you and your family in person.

Interesting - I love pomegrante so that should be tasty!

Wish ALL Poly longhouses had 2 sinks! Nice plus for Tahiti! How long was your walk to the TTC?

I kind of like one sink because I have so much 'stuff' to put on the counter :)

Welcome back Tess and thanks for the info!!!

does anyone have pictures of the niue longhouse? i know it is a small longhouse and doesnt get much talk here on the boards so i would like to see some pictures. does any one have any? it can be of the building or the views anything i just want to see what the views are like. i know one is the quiet pool, but lets just see some pictures.

we need to change the name of this thread to the "SUMMER 2010 EDITION"!

Hope everyone is well. Just got my third pin code in a month. Shame I can't use any of them. Oh well. here is to a discount next March!

Jennifer

Just to let you know the last time I was at the Poly, the hair dryer was not attached to the wall, but it was a low wattage dryer. Luckily (and seriously not kidding) it BROKE! I called housekeeping and they brought me a brand new BIG 1875 watt FABULOUS hair dryer. So if you don't like the dryer, perhaps ask housekeeping if they have a new one.

Thank you so much for posting that! I was just planning on bringing my dryer with us as well, but glad to know they may have an alternative if the room one isn't ideal. Maybe we'll roll the dice and see what we end up. :thumbsup2

does anyone have pictures of the niue longhouse? i know it is a small longhouse and doesnt get much talk here on the boards so i would like to see some pictures. does any one have any? it can be of the building or the views anything i just want to see what the views are like. i know one is the quiet pool, but lets just see some pictures.

I'm still playing with my pictures, but here is the corner of Nuie with a view toward Captain Cook's and the brook.

FloridaPhotos142.jpg
[/IMG]

This is from the walkway from Nuie to the quiet pool.

FloridaPhotos143.jpg
[/IMG]

The longhouse is small--two floors and very few rooms, but it is very close to GCH and the pools. Obviously, the exterior looks the same as all the other longhouses.

thanks for the pictures i knew the outside looked the same lol looks like it has some nice views we didnt request a building and ar staying GV and just dont want to get rapa niu in 08 we stayed in aotearoa so we never saw the other side of the resort thats why i wanted the pictures. thanks!

The new FAQ is very good! Awesome! I'm very happy that you used my pics! If you need more let me know.

:rotfl:That was my TR you read....yeah, the monorail wasn't running, but CL CMs told us that there was a bus you could catch over there...a 'character bus'....not sure what a character bus is??? Does anyone know??? Maybe you could call and ask. Would love to know what that is. If EP has EMS hours that morning then you would be fine...the monorail would be running. Who knows? I was a little shocked when they told me the monorail wasn't going to run until 8am. Didn't really want to have to drive:rolleyes: Give yourself enough time to walk to Norway, too....it's a bit of a stroll.

Yup, it was your report. I've been faithfully reading it. :thumbsup2 As far as I know, EP does not have EMH hours that morning. I don't think we'll drive. We'll either take stinkerbelle's suggestion and cab it or figure out if there is a 'character bus' or monorail running.

We had an 8am reservation at Akershus last Dec and we took the monorail and got there in plenty of time. We were staying at the Contemporary and took the monorail to the TTC then got on the Epcot monorail and I would say we were through security by 740
Awesome! That's what I was hoping to hear. :yay:I assume it wasn't an EMH morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter