ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here's a question you may or may not be able to answer. We're going to be driving, and probably won't be arriving until the wee hours of the morning. We'll be ready to drop when we get in. Assuming we did online check in a few days before the trip, do you think we could call ahead and ask for turn down service? It's not a big deal if we can't, but it would be nice to see upon arrival.

Unless staying CL a call would take you to a call center, not the Poly directly - the call center answers the name of the Resort, but does not connect to the Resort.

The room is not officially assigned until you actually check-in, so there would be no way to arrange for turn down service prior to arrival. A maybe if staying CL, as you could send a note to IPO asking if that might be arranged.

Even without turn-down service it will be wonderful arriving at the Poly no matter the hour! Safe travels and have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

i know this is off topic but i looked at the video how to upload photos but it wont work for me can you upload pictures from flickr? if so how? becasue photobucket wont let me sgn in:confused3 anyhelp is welcome and again sorry for being off topic i just know i might get an answer here from the help of fellow poly lovers:thumbsup2

Just have a quick question. Sorry if this has already been asked, I have yet to get through every page of this thread. GV rooms near monorail--is it noisy? TIA

not at all! we had a room in aotearoa facing the monorail first floor and you couldnt hear it at all in the room even outside you really couldnt hear it i loved the view it was so quiet and we had donald and his 3 nephews visit us every day :rotfl:

ah .... so glad to hear no pool construction for a while ... that wouldn't make sense for the middle of summer.

I received my letter from IPO yesterday with our arrival information (the one Tess mentioned receiving 10 days out).

Tess ... hope you are having a great time ... btw ... is hot oatmeal still available for breakfast in the lounge? Please say 'yes' :)

Yes! :lmao:

Here's a quick how to w/ flickr

flickr.jpg

Upload your image to flickr, then click "share this" (arrow 1), then click on "grab the link" (arrow 2) and copy and paste that here in the box that pops up when you click the yellow square w/ the mountain in it. :thumbsup2

I haven't used flickr for video, I use youtube for that and paste links vs embedding, but I assume pasting a link would work for flickr too.

MsStinkerBelle - THank you for the photos!!!!! They have minute maid LIGHT and I needed to know that so I don't have to purchase it before we arrive. A refillable mug is going to be a huge savings for me since they have this.

You are very welcome! Glad I could help! Just to let you know, it's the pomegranate lemonade light. Still very tasty!

Tess, so sorry I didn't get a chance to run into you and your family when we popped over at the Poly. Would have loved to meet you and your family in person.

You are very welcome! Glad I could help! Just to let you know, it's the pomegranate lemonade light. Still very tasty!

Tess, so sorry I didn't get a chance to run into you and your family when we popped over at the Poly. Would have loved to meet you and your family in person.

Ditto!

Here's a quick how to w/ flickr

flickr.jpg

Upload your image to flickr, then click "share this" (arrow 1), then click on "grab the link" (arrow 2) and copy and paste that here in the box that pops up when you click the yellow square w/ the mountain in it. :thumbsup2

I haven't used flickr for video, I use youtube for that and paste links vs embedding, but I assume pasting a link would work for flickr too.

When I do this, all that shows up is a square with an red x in it, am I doing something wrong?

it still wont show up :confused3 maybe because i uploaded it from a mobile phone?

Don't know about tne mobile phone, but wanted to mention that when I used the DIS yellow box with the mountain in it, it never works for me. I just add the links to the post and it works fine.

Good luck!

it still wont show up :confused3 maybe because i uploaded it from a mobile phone?

I have tried by mobile and from my computer and neither shows up. I also tried posting the link and that doesn't put the picture on, just the link

I have set myself up with photobucket and it works great

I can't give exact dates. We happened to be speaking to a recreation CM on our arrival date (6/19) during the evening.

After a long discussion with him about our love of Disney, many visits, favoring the Polynesian and enjoying the quiet pool, he just blurted out that we were lucky to be there that week. He went on to note that the quiet pool was going to be closed in "two to three weeks" for rehab and would not be the same when it was finished. The rec CM was also sad with the planned rehab because he, too, loved the pool deep end and all. He could not give me specific dates because as with all rehabs, dates are uncertain.

As I indicated in my short post (it is very difficult to post from a Blackberry while going through rope drop at AK) the pool is to be leveled out and the deep end filled in to create more shallow area. The addition of a hot tub is the current wish, but not for certain. That is really all the information I could wheedle from him.

I guess we have to take the information for what it is because we all know that bad information abounds with CMs. I will say that rec CM in particular seemed to know a great deal about the resort operations. On the other hand, I wouldn't cancel or change a trip based upon information I heard from a CM. Those rehab dates are just too flexible to count on.

After reading all of the posts about the Quiet Pool being closed, I sent a note to the Poly IPO questioning if the pool was going to be closed during our upcoming CL stay in August. Here is the response I received this morning:

We have spoken to our recreational manager and he has confirmed that the
pool will be going down in the future but it is not currently scheduled
to go down in August.

I do hope that is correct. I would hate to be there during the hottest part of the year with only the Volcano pool being available. :eek:

Hey all! :goodvibes

A few more photos I took in Captain Cooks when I was at WDW last week.

a5aca955.jpg

Captain Cooks Lunch/Dinner Menu

cd509f12.jpg

Fountain Drink Selections

48d48fbf.jpg

Hot Coffee, Tea, etc.

cb9f0483.jpg

Microwave and Toaster

77c9a6b7.jpg

Bakery Prices

61be8482.jpg

The Bakery Case! Yummmm!!!

c6da8d32.jpg

Shot of the Polynesian from the GF beach. That longhouse on the water is 'crap'. Even the palmetto bugs avoid it. ;)
Thanks for posting those pictures.

Tess~ Aloha! Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing your pics. Did you happen to get Polynesian Pout 2010? :laughing:

WooHoo..just booked our airfare with a wicked deal on Southwest and what's even better we're going a day early!! Now I couldn't convince DFi to stay at the Poly an extra night because of the $$ but we'll start our trip off with a savannah view at AKL :banana:
Only 83 more days (84 till the Poly):cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter