• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

Wow! That's so encouraging! :yay: And the Tikiman's site is amazing! Thanks for recommending it! The descriptions of the longhouses are really thorough. I'm thinking about Tahiti or Tokelau since the walk to the TTC should be a short one. There always seems to be such a short wait and ride from there. But will that make for a long walk to the ceremonial house? That's were we get the monorail, right? Which longhouse(s) have you stayed in? What were your impressions? I hope you don't mind the questions, you sound like an expert.

:tink:

R/E longhouse requests: I have stayed in both Tokelau and Aotearoa. Loved both locations for different reasons. Aotearoa was great having the quiet beach out front and hearing the luau music at night. Close to GCH and to GF for walking to dinner ressies. Tokelau was nice being close to TTC and close to the quiet beach in front of Tahiti. Bigger rooms.

Honestly, it is not a huge resort and the longest walk would be from the far end of Aotearoa to the TTC and even that is only apx 7-8 minutes. We never minded the walk cuz we only went to Epcot 2 times. AND walks are so enjoyable with the lush landscaping and tiki torches. You spend so much time admiring the atmosphere that you don't think about the distance between 2 points. Nothing is really "far" from anything else--just closer--if that makes sense;) We often take the boat to/from MK but make frequent trips to the GCH for CCs. Every longhouse has its charms and garden views are wonderful--just different.

I actually prefer not to make a longhouse request as I like them all for different reasons. I choose to make my request for a full balcony facing N, E or W. That is what is important to me. Somewhere to chill without the chance of seeing a car:cool1: Cars spoil my resort feeling;) The problem with requesting a specific room/longhouse is that the CM does not know what is really important to you. If that request cannot be fulfilled, they don't have info to fill your needs. If you want close to GCH, or pool, or TTC etc. just say that. Nothing too complicated but up to 2 "wants" in order of importance. make sense? Just don't be disappointed if you don't get your requests and you just might find the room you get is exactly what you didn't know you wanted-LOL.

I called and requested Fiji first floor. Hoping for a marina view. Don't know what it is about that look that has me all atwitter. We're going end of next month so I don't except a crowd.

I called and requested Fiji first floor. Hoping for a marina view. Don't know what it is about that look that has me all atwitter. We're going end of next month so I don't except a crowd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had 2nd floor marina view in 2008 and just loved it!!
Our view:
DisneyPics082.jpg

We had 1st floor GF side in 1991, but definitely prefer the marina side. I was debating whether to try a Figi request this coming May or leave it up to the Tiki gods, but dd says she doesn't want the same view/experience as last time. May be a moot point with the new computer system anyway.
Sending pixie dust for a wonderful Poly experience. :tinker:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had 2nd floor marina view in 2008 and just loved it!!
Our view:
DisneyPics082.jpg

We had 1st floor GF side in 1991, but definitely prefer the marina side. I was debating whether to try a Figi request this coming May or leave it up to the Tiki gods, but dd says she doesn't want the same view/experience as last time. May be a moot point with the new computer system anyway.
Sending pixie dust for a wonderful Poly experience. :tinker:

Ah, crap. That's exactly what I want. Exactly. In fact, I think I might leave DH because I've entered into a relationship with that view. Won't that be a shocker for him. :wizard:

On another note, I've been reading the cake thread and would like to have a cake delivered to the room/ Kona Cafe for our first night there (DH's birthday is our LAST night there and I want cake cake cake to eat all week). I've completely confused myself. :headache: Can a Poly know-it-all just tell me what to do, plz and thx?

My favourite longhouse is without doubt Fiji. Depends on what we want from the trip, loved Tokelau and Aotearoa as well.
Our next trip i think I am going to revert back and request Tokelau, because DD loves the quiet pool, so we'll be hanging out there most of the time, but I'd not be disappointed to be allocated back in Fiji :)

Happy New Year to all of my fellow Poly fans. It hasn't even been a month and we can't wait to go back...

Disney2010197.jpg

Disney2010200.jpg

Disney2010483.jpg

Disney2010209.jpg

Disney2010210.jpg

Some holiday photos:
Disney2010493.jpg

Disney2010506.jpg

Disney2010507.jpg

Disney2010509.jpg

Happy New Year!!!
Disney2010032.jpg

Disney2010030.jpg

Well, I MIGHT be able to go to Disney at the end of May. But while everyone in the family loves the Poly, we would like some space - 2 rooms so the kids can be in a separate room. The suites at the Poly are out of my price range but a one bedroom villa would be ok for us. So all you Poly lovers - where do you stay when you need a villa??? (onsite - OF COURSE!)

I actually prefer not to make a longhouse request as I like them all for different reasons. I choose to make my request for a full balcony facing N, E or W. That is what is important to me. Somewhere to chill without the chance of seeing a car:cool1: Cars spoil my resort feeling;) The problem with requesting a specific room/longhouse is that the CM does not know what is really important to you. If that request cannot be fulfilled, they don't have info to fill your needs. If you want close to GCH, or pool, or TTC etc. just say that. Nothing too complicated but up to 2 "wants" in order of importance. make sense? Just don't be disappointed if you don't get your requests and you just might find the room you get is exactly what you didn't know you wanted-LOL.

Thanks so much! You really get it! :thumbsup2 This is exactly what I need to steer me in the right direction. The only requests I may need to mention are a room close to the TTC and/or a balcony. We really like the flexibility of the TTC. And DH and I really look forward to sharing quiet mornings sipping coffee on a deck or balcony before starting the day! :coffee: I also like the idea of just sitting back and letting Disney "surprise" me! (I'm not talking rat infestation or anything :scared1::laughing:) But it's nice to be pleasantly surprised. This is so helpful. :thanks:

1971DBday - "Happy New Year to all of my fellow Poly fans. It hasn't even been a month and we can't wait to go back..."

Your pictures are spectacular - just like being there! What kind of camera is that? (I hope it's o.k. to ask here vs. the photo board)

Does anyone know if this is on tonight and what time? I know it is usually at 9 but things do get changed for the holidays

Well, I MIGHT be able to go to Disney at the end of May. But while everyone in the family loves the Poly, we would like some space - 2 rooms so the kids can be in a separate room. The suites at the Poly are out of my price range but a one bedroom villa would be ok for us. So all you Poly lovers - where do you stay when you need a villa??? (onsite - OF COURSE!)

We LOVE the Beach Club!! It's a pretty close second (if not actually 1.5) to our #1 Poly!! We've never stayed in the villas there, but the YC/BC area in general is great. It's also nice to be that close to Epcot.

We stayed in the Treehouse Villas, and they were great, too!! LOTS of space, and the kids had their own room (for all their junk!! :laughing:). The atmosphere was relaxing, and the master bathroom is heavenly.

We LOVE the Beach Club!! It's a pretty close second (if not actually 1.5) to our #1 Poly!! We've never stayed in the villas there, but the YC/BC area in general is great. It's also nice to be that close to Epcot.

We stayed in the Treehouse Villas, and they were great, too!! LOTS of space, and the kids had their own room (for all their junk!! :laughing:). The atmosphere was relaxing, and the master bathroom is heavenly.

Thanks! I was excited to see the room discounts coming out but did you notice that they are only offering 25% off for the Poly and 30% off for other select deluxe resorts. Poly is definitely popular!!

Hey disney lovers! Im out of ideas. You see my family has been to disney many many times. We are all disney lovers ourselves. We also go snow skiing, and we had planned to go back to the poly again this year! All the sudden my dad started saying how bout we go skiing instead, then my brother said yes, then my mom! So now im the only one who wants to come back to disney. My parents said they havent decided yet, but they're leaning more toward skiing. I've tried everything i can think of to change there minds but no budge. So i need your help with any ideas, or pics, or anything! Im running out of time so please It would really help alot!!

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter