ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

So excited!

Originally we had 2 nts POR and 5 nts Poly booked since we didn't want to pay for Thanksgiving rack rates at the Poly. Well yesterday DH told me that he didn't want to hassle with switching resorts since I'll be 7 months prego :scared1: and to ignore the cost and change to the whole the whole week at the Poly.

Luckily they not only had a room available but I actually got 1 of the 2 nights at 40% off so it's not even THAT much more :cool1:

I'm on cloud nine and I just had to share with people who would understand :goodvibes:

Poly here we come!!!! Single digit dance :banana::banana::banana:

You lucky Duck!:worship:

Quick question, need advice. We will be staying at the Poly in a couple of weeks. 3 nights, 2 adults, 2 young kids, garden view. Which longhouse should I request and why?

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

everyone in this thread for the great information. We will be at the Poly on December 1st and based upon all of the good information here we requested a room in Tahiti. A big THANK YOU to you all!! :yay:

I'm starting to think about which longhouse to request for our January trip. Last time we stayed at Poly we requested Tokelau and got upgraded to Hawaii:banana::banana::banana:. We were thinking about requesting Tokelau again but then I saw that construction on the quiet pool is going to be starting right as we arrive and I was concerned we might end up with a view of that.

I'm thinking maybe Tahiti? We have booked a garden view room. We like to walk to the TTC to catch the monorail but I'm not overly concerned about being in a longhouse that's not right by the TTC because we enjoy walking (when we stayed at the GF we actually walked over to the TTC via the Poly for the Epcot monorail). So I'm definitely open to all the options, with my main goal of not having a view of pool construction:rotfl:.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions/advice:goodvibes.

We were at the Poly Nov/Dec 2009 and Mona Mickey Arcade was next to Captain Cooks, but the maps I keep checking (including on the DIS) shows it next to the Neverland Club....Is this correct or am I looking at outdated maps??? DS11 loves the arcade and I liked that it was not to far from the Nanea Pool.

I'm starting (in my head;)) to pack - quick question - does poly provide robes in all rooms or only for Club level?

We were at the Poly Nov/Dec 2009 and Mona Mickey Arcade was next to Captain Cooks, but the maps I keep checking (including on the DIS) shows it next to the Neverland Club....Is this correct or am I looking at outdated maps??? DS11 loves the arcade and I liked that it was not to far from the Nanea Pool.

We just got back on Thursday, and the arcade was next to Captain Cooks.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm starting (in my head;)) to pack - quick question - does poly provide robes in all rooms or only for Club level?

I cannot speak for people who have booked a Lagoon or Theme Park View room, but we had a Garden view room in Rapa Nui and we did not get robes.

Hi all! Just back from 10 days in Orlando, 3 nights at the Poly. Never having stayed there before, I was actually worried that we might like our other (cheaper) hotels better. Not so! I now see why all of you LOVE LOVE LOVE the Poly so much!

Thought I'd share our pixie dust story... I did online check-in 10 days before our arrival. Somehow I resisted the urge to call/fax 3 or 4 days out to make a specific longhouse request. I am an OBSESSIVE planner, so calling to clarify/request is my usual procedure. Again this trip, as in the past, I made a specific building request at our first Disney resort (Pop), and it was not granted. Like before, we we assigned to a similar, 'mirroring' building on the opposite side of the resort--basically the same distance from food and pools, but father from bus stops. Again, I asked politely if it would be possible to move to our desired building, and the CM said it would be. I keep wondering, if this room was available all along, why didn't they just put us there in the first place?!?

Anyway, I decided mid-week not to bother calling ahead to the Poly. I made up my mind to simply let the Tiki gods have their way with us. I figured I could always make further requests, if necessary, at check in. (VERY unlike me! :rotfl:) So we arrived to check in, and I'm doing my best not to blurt out, "Could we please stay in Tokelau or Tahiti...please, please, please?!?" When the CM gets to the part where she prints out our tickets/keys, and shows us where we'll be on the map, I say, as casually as possible, "Would it be possible to request a particular building?" To which she says, "Yes, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with where we have you."

Hold Up! Wait a minute! What did she say? What does that mean?!? Turns out they upgraded us from our regular GV room to Hawaii (club level). We were as giddy as school girls! :yay::yay::yay:

It was the most amazing, relaxing stay ever! It felt like having two vacations in one--one in which we got to enjoy theme park thrills, and one in which we got to relax by the pool and on the beach in a tropical paradise. If there were any complaints to be made regarding wear and tear, food offerings, etc., we barely noticed, and weren't about to say a word! ;) Mousekeeping was amazing! The rooms were large, clean, and loaded with towel animals. My kids were thrilled! :yay: The atmosphere at the resort and in our building was so laid back. We loved not having to brave the crowds in the GCH just to get a snack, etc. We are spoiled forever, and can barely imagine going back to our regular way of traveling!

Just wanted to come back here to thank everyone for their info., tips, etc. and to wish all of you lucky enough to be going in the next few days and weeks a wonderful, MAGICAL stay! :wizard: Aloha and mahalo!

Ahh! What a wonderful surprise! That's real Pixie dust for you! Glad you enjoyed your Poly stay. We return in 9 days! :) I can't wait! :)

Looking forward to heading back in February.... haven't even made plans yet. The best thing about the Poly and all deluxe Disney hotels is the concierge service. We go at least twice a year and have never had the opportunity to get seats at Cinderella's Castle and they got it for us for us with no issues, have always been able to get any reservation through the hotel for dining. I guess you get what you pay for:thumbsup2
Our last trip was on a budget and stayed at the Allstar Sports and could not get a single reservation, go figure.

What a wonderful story!! I am so looking forward to our first stay at the Poly in March! I have always loved it, but never had the opportunity to stay there before. Your story puts a glimmer of hope in my mind, but I will be so happy just to be there!! Glad you had a wonderful trip!!

Hi all! Just back from 10 days in Orlando, 3 nights at the Poly. Never having stayed there before, I was actually worried that we might like our other (cheaper) hotels better. Not so! I now see why all of you LOVE LOVE LOVE the Poly so much!

Thought I'd share our pixie dust story... I did online check-in 10 days before our arrival. Somehow I resisted the urge to call/fax 3 or 4 days out to make a specific longhouse request. I am an OBSESSIVE planner, so calling to clarify/request is my usual procedure. Again this trip, as in the past, I made a specific building request at our first Disney resort (Pop), and it was not granted. Like before, we we assigned to a similar, 'mirroring' building on the opposite side of the resort--basically the same distance from food and pools, but father from bus stops. Again, I asked politely if it would be possible to move to our desired building, and the CM said it would be. I keep wondering, if this room was available all along, why didn't they just put us there in the first place?!?

Anyway, I decided mid-week not to bother calling ahead to the Poly. I made up my mind to simply let the Tiki gods have their way with us. I figured I could always make further requests, if necessary, at check in. (VERY unlike me! :rotfl:) So we arrived to check in, and I'm doing my best not to blurt out, "Could we please stay in Tokelau or Tahiti...please, please, please?!?" When the CM gets to the part where she prints out our tickets/keys, and shows us where we'll be on the map, I say, as casually as possible, "Would it be possible to request a particular building?" To which she says, "Yes, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with where we have you."

Hold Up! Wait a minute! What did she say? What does that mean?!? Turns out they upgraded us from our regular GV room to Hawaii (club level). We were as giddy as school girls! :yay::yay::yay:

It was the most amazing, relaxing stay ever! It felt like having two vacations in one--one in which we got to enjoy theme park thrills, and one in which we got to relax by the pool and on the beach in a tropical paradise. If there were any complaints to be made regarding wear and tear, food offerings, etc., we barely noticed, and weren't about to say a word! ;) Mousekeeping was amazing! The rooms were large, clean, and loaded with towel animals. My kids were thrilled! :yay: The atmosphere at the resort and in our building was so laid back. We loved not having to brave the crowds in the GCH just to get a snack, etc. We are spoiled forever, and can barely imagine going back to our regular way of traveling!

Just wanted to come back here to thank everyone for their info., tips, etc. and to wish all of you lucky enough to be going in the next few days and weeks a wonderful, MAGICAL stay! :wizard: Aloha and mahalo!
Congratulations on the upgrade. :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you got a great upgrade. This will be our 7th stay at the Poly maybe we'll get some pixie dust. I do know it will be a great time whether we do or don't get dusted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter