• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

Everyone going....have a safe and wonderful trip. Hope to see some of you there. I'm going to get two lime mickey paint swatches and attach them to our bag and stroller.

We'll be there in 9 days!!!!! I cannot wait to check in at the Poly. I've wanted to stay there for a long time. And we are surprising our boys with that resort. They think we are going back to POFQ.

We will keep an eye out for the lime green mickeys :-) We are leaving in 6 days :banana::banana:

Thanks everyone for the info on the DIS secret badge. ;) And Dizneechic's post reminded me that -- duh -- I can just photoshop one, which I've done. :thumbsup2 Just got to get it all snazzy like Iloveeeyore's and I'm good to go. I like the hanging-it-on-one's-purse idea.

Sure enough, hubby saw what I was doing in Photoshop and he rolled his eyes. :rotfl: I should make him a "Grumpitude" one for his backpack.

Roll on, Poly. I'm not sure these levels of excitement can be maintained. I might explode along with the 3 year old. We'll be a pile of goo when we check in.

When I check in I feel like fire cracker, just popping with excitement all over the place..... when we leave.... well, that's another story... I know so people do the "Poly Pout".... I do the "Poly Sob" :sad1:

Logpey, McDomzel and anyone else fixing to leave for "home" have a safe and wonderful trip take lots of pics and notes so we can see it all! Im so jealous, 42 days left before I leave!

Me too!:cool1:
We leave tomorrow!
I am already printing out my green mickey head....

Hey, Where do you get the self lamenating luggage tags????

I just picked my oldest two boys up from sleep-away camp and came home to find an email from Poly IPO in my inbox. It is a letter to present to the Valet when we arrive at the Poly. We leave in 6 days! (I should have changed my ticker.) I'm a little nervous about the WWoHP since we are staying at the Doubletree for three nights but we didn't want to stay onsite at Universal. I'm doing laundry and cleaning house this afternoon.

I can't wait! Hope to see some of you at the Poly next week.

Me too!:cool1:
We leave tomorrow!
I am already printing out my green mickey head....

Hey, Where do you get the self lamenating luggage tags????

I found the self-laminating tags in the same aisle as the luggage at Target :) It was with the travel accessories (luggage locks, etc). HTH!

I just picked my oldest two boys up from sleep-away camp and came home to find an email from Poly IPO in my inbox. It is a letter to present to the Valet when we arrive at the Poly. We leave in 6 days! (I should have changed my ticker.) I'm a little nervous about the WWoHP since we are staying at the Doubletree for three nights but we didn't want to stay onsite at Universal. I'm doing laundry and cleaning house this afternoon.

I can't wait! Hope to see some of you at the Poly next week.

I'm sure we will run into you at some point!!! I will have my TGM button and my new DIS mickey head on my bag ;-)

Does anyone know if the activities on the first page are up to date?

ie. Arts and Crafts, torche lighting ceremony only on certain days?
I was hoping for activities on Friday, we are going to Cocoa Beach Saturday and that is the day, according to the sheet, when they have the fun stuff :sad2:

My kids don't go back until Sept 8th, but then were in school until June 24th!! Yep, summers seem much shorter now then they were when we were kids.

We homeschool our kids and won't start up till the Monday after we get back from Disney (9/20). ;)

Does anyone know if the activities on the first page are up to date?

ie. Arts and Crafts, torche lighting ceremony only on certain days?
I was hoping for activities on Friday, we are going to Cocoa Beach Saturday and that is the day, according to the sheet, when they have the fun stuff :sad2:

As far as I know... they are up to date. If anyone knows different, please let me know, and I'll get 'em fixed :)

I'm watchin'!!!!! In fact, my main motivation to log on was to see it. I have a million other things I should be doing.....Did I mention that DD cut her arm open about 12 days ago and had to get 10 stitiches? Well, the day before the stitches are to come out, it starts looking funky. This is 9 days after the stitches. Of course, that's the day she comes down with some nasty virus and is running a fever. So I wait til the next day to take her to the doc., and, of course, it's infected! How does this happen 9 days in???? So now she's on 2 different antibiotics (one for arm, one for sinus infection) and we have to go back to the doc again tomorrow.
The curse continues.......

Man, do I need a vacation!!

I know what you look like from your avatar, so I'll be looking for you. I don't know how to upload pictures, so I can't show you one of us. There is me, my DH, DS(19), and DD(16). DS is 6'2", I'll be limping, and DD will probably have a bandage on her left forearm. So if we're all together, you should probably be able to recognize us.

See you there!!! :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:
Meg

Well that's just unbelievable! I hope everything goes well with her appointment tomorrow, I have one too (unexpected)! Get this, I'm one of those whose totally afraid something will go wrong before my trip and maybe sometimes I'm so anxious I cause something, can you believe I'm only 38 and two days ago I felt I was having heart attack symtoms like angina, shortness of breath and loss of appetite, left arm sore-- so I made a doctors appt for Friday(tomorrow) at 10:30am. Obviously if I was extremely fearful of an actual heart attack I would have gone to the ER, but something's definitley not right, I'm normally always hungry, and loss of appetite is CRAZY! Just to be on the safe side I thought I better get checked out before I leave, I've already thought If he says "You need to go check into the hospital" I'm going to say "First thing when I get back from Disney!" I'm serious!!! So hopefully he will tell me, I'm great, just a hypochondriac (kidding, I'm not) So I'm starting to think Disney is making people be over anxious and their trying to be sooooo careful that their actually having accidents... My son hasn't been on his skateboard in 6 months and today of all days he's trying all these tricks and I said you better not break your arm, head, leg, butt please just get off, he of course did not... Good luck with everything, We're this close to being there.....Nothing can stop us!!:grouphug:

Wow there are so many of you leaving soon! I hope you all have a wonderful time! :sunny:

P.S. I *always* get sick right before a vacation and this year was no exception! A few days before our trip a few weeks ago, I was put on antibiotics for a sinus infection. :sick: A few days in that Florida sunshine and breathing in the scents of the Polynesian, and I felt like a new person! :thumbsup2

I wish you all a HEALTHY trip! :cool2:

Logpey,
Good luck with your doc appointment tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes. Should trying to plan the perfect vacation really be this stressful??

Sending some prayers and pixie dust your way!pixiedust:

Meg

As far as I know... they are up to date. If anyone knows different, please let me know, and I'll get 'em fixed :)

Ugh... I am not happy about your answer :goodvibes but for selfish reasons

Thanks for the info

Logpey, McDomzel and anyone else fixing to leave for "home" have a safe and wonderful trip take lots of pics and notes so we can see it all! Im so jealous, 42 days left before I leave!

That's alright think about this, after we get back a few weeks later you'll be going then we'll be jealous of you!!!:rotfl:

:lovestrucHave a safe and magical trip as well!!!!

MCDomzal,

Here's our dance!:banana::cool1::rotfl2::rotfl::woohoo::dance3::dance3:

One day left, it just switched over!!! WOO HOO!!

Happy trip vibes to all of you preparing to leave for the Poly! May you all have health and strength and lots of fun (and a dole whip or three) for the rest of us not going :) I cannot wait to read some awesome trip reports and see lots of pics when you all come back! I am getting over my credit card bill anxiety and getting excited for our Fall trip :woohoo:

I'm starting to get real excited about our first trip to the Poly in September. We usually stay at the BC or BW but decided this time to try the Poly. I was a little nervous at first since we love the Epcot area resorts but from reading all these posts the Poly sounds wonderful.

Does anyone know if the water parade still runs in September?

I'm so glad I found this thread.

I'm starting to get real excited about our first trip to the Poly in September. We usually stay at the BC or BW but decided this time to try the Poly. I was a little nervous at first since we love the Epcot area resorts but from reading all these posts the Poly sounds wonderful.

Does anyone know if the water parade still runs in September?

I'm so glad I found this thread.

The Electrical Water Parade runs year around, weather permitting. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Polynesian as much as you love the EPCOT resorts. I'm actually a fan of both, too; but the Polynesian has my :love:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter