• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ALOHA! The Poly FAQ: Fall 2010 Edition

I hate it whens the Poly FAQ falls off the first page....shameless bump :rolleyes1

Disney2009949.jpg

Disney2009979.jpg

Disney2009942.jpg

I hope everyone had a nice weekend :goodvibes

Honestly, it did not bother me enough to deal with it, not having the coffee was truly the only thing that got me ticked. I was worried when I wrote all the details that bugged me, that I may give the wrong impression that I totally disliked the room and that was not the case. However, I thought these details may intrest others. I think it was a good thing that I did not have too high of expectations.

Tess we can agree to disagree:thumbsup2 I think it is the bedding that makes BC feel so luxurious to me. The bedspreads at the POLY were basically the same thing we had at POR, but at BC you get a big fluffy duvet and I love that. It could be too that BC has been renovated I believe in the last few years, if it helps not impressed with the GF CS or BC CS either, but really disliked Captain Cooks process. Thanks for agreeing to disagree, everyone on the POLY thread has been always nice and I think that is why I enjoyed this thread so much. Sometimes, people just jump on others if they do not agree with them, me I appreciate all sides that way I can decide for myself. One of the reasons I posted my review here and not in a thread in the main resort forum. :rolleyes1

I would still put POLY up in my top 3 favorites at DW, just do not agree with the pricetag, not that Disney cares what little ol' me thinks.;)

There are different strokes for different folks for sure! I have the exact opposite feeling about Capt. Cooks. I much prefer ordering the entire parties food at the screen kiosk and getting the buzzer. At other resorts I would have to stand on multiple lines if different people wanted different foods, my dd likes waffles and dh likes eggs, so we would have to stand on at least 2 or 3 different lines and if one is faster than another someone is eating cold food. This is much easier to me that everything comes out at once. It was one of the biggest reasons why we disliked the GF...Gasparilla grill was a total nightmare.

Arrived home Sat night from the Poly... So Sad.. I actually cried after we finished packing up to go home and was waiting on bell services.

We had the most amazing vacation! I have always loved the Poly but now having stayed there I am absolutely hooked!

It was so relaxing, so romantic, so beautiful! We stayed CL and that just added to the magic!

We were met by front desk at car port and taken over to Hawaii LH, were we checked in and were given our gold KTTK cards, our room wasnt ready yet but we were there at 730 am so I was ok with that.

Had breakfast in the lounge and then headed to EP.

We spent a part of each day at the pool, the CL, and a relaxing in our room watching movies we got from Conceirge desk.

We rented searaycers, last Mon on our anniversary, walked over to GF to shop and check out the resort

Conceirge helped my husband order flowers from disney florist and they are so gorgeous! Ill post pics later. They even helped us buy MNSSHP tickets day before the event.

Room was immaculate, had towel animals each and every day from elephants, mickey ears, dresses, HUGE alligator on the floor, monkeys and more.

They cleaned carpet the evening before we arrived ( in hallways and rooms) they were carrying out furniture to refurbish as well as refurbishing some rooms while we were there.

I cant say enough wonderful things about the Poly!

Our only dissapointment was Capt Cooks, we at lunch here on our anniversary since we were just staying at the resort, boating, swimming and relaxing for the afternoon before dinner at Narcossee. We both got grilled cheese, which was good except for the ice cold borsin cheese on both sandwhiches and our chips were greasy and soggy. Hopefully it was just an off day Dole Whips for dessert for amazing as ever tho!

Room service for breakfast morning of anniversary, we shared tonga toast and dakine omelet and it was all very good!

We loved popping into CL for soda, water, wine and beer on our way to room or to the pool and the food was great! We felt so spoiled!

Sometime this week we will look at booking our next fantastic getaway to the Poly and hopefully soon I can upload pics!

By the way we got GV room 3527

Now I am swammped at work so I better get back to it!

Has anyone who has been at the Polynesian lately had items shipped prior to their arrival? I was thinking I'd buy, and send, a cheap step-stool for my son to use in the bathroom via Amazon. I can't control the delivery method though and wouldn't want to get dinged a $10 fee for a $7 step-stool. Obviously I can't control the method Amazon, or any other online store, uses to ship via.

Done :banana: Booked :yay: FINALLY :cool1:

Yes we are totally booked, room, air, tickets. :woohoo: I am about ready to shoot an e-mail off to the IPO to get my dining done and some other requests. It is weird because this is the first time we are going when there is not a party going on, i.e., MNSSHP & MVMCP unless they decide to bring Pirate and Princess back or something new :thumbsup2 Anyways, it feels so good to finally planning another return! :dance3:

While I really wanted to go in early December DH and I decided that the trip might get spoiled by the fact that we are still in such a funk from My Mom passing away. Between Thanksgiving, her b-day 12/6, Christmas and that my parents would have celebrated 40 years of marriage on 1/9, it will be a tough holiday season. I want to go to Disney with all that behind us!

I am so happy right now :)

Less than 3 weeks for us :)

:dance3: Awesome!

BreezysMom - You do an excellent job of keeping it front and center!

Thank you...you know how much I love the Poly FAQ :love:

9 more days to go until we are sat on the Poly Beach watching Hallowishes :banana:

We love Hallowishes! I think it might be because of our first trip to WDW and the Poly. DD was 6 and it was our first night there. We were complete Disney and Poly virgins! We were out on the beach behind Figi, just the 3 of us, no one else was there and we sat on a swing and watched Hallowishes. It was the coolest thing we ever saw. It was such a great welcome to Disney pixiedust:

Good morning everyone - thanks Breezysmom for the Poly pics, great way to start my day

No problem! Have a happy day :flower3:

There are different strokes for different folks for sure! I have the exact opposite feeling about Capt. Cooks. I much prefer ordering the entire parties food at the screen kiosk and getting the buzzer. At other resorts I would have to stand on multiple lines if different people wanted different foods, my dd likes waffles and dh likes eggs, so we would have to stand on at least 2 or 3 different lines and if one is faster than another someone is eating cold food. This is much easier to me that everything comes out at once. It was one of the biggest reasons why we disliked the GF...Gasparilla grill was a total nightmare.

We like CC too. I know the set up is not so great but once you get used to it you can whiz through it with no problem. The only downside for me is the cashiers. We have stayed at the Poly 3 times now and year after year the same couple cashiers have been there. They are not so friendly. But now since I have how the DDP and CC works down, I find CC very efficient.

Has anyone who has been at the Polynesian lately had items shipped prior to their arrival? I was thinking I'd buy, and send, a cheap step-stool for my son to use in the bathroom via Amazon. I can't control the delivery method though and wouldn't want to get dinged a $10 fee for a $7 step-stool. Obviously I can't control the method Amazon, or any other online store, uses to ship via.

Are you sure you can't call and request that they use UPS to ship?

I have shipped using UPS a couple times without a problem. I have heard that USPS could be an issue because it does not go directly to the resort but I may be wrong. :confused3

bluejasmine thanks for the TR. It sounds like you had a wonderful time :wizard:

:
I have shipped using UPS a couple times without a problem. I have heard that USPS could be an issue because it does not go directly to the resort but I may be wrong. :confused3

Did they charge you a fee? I've heard some resorts charge a fee on all items not delivered via USPS, which Amazon rarely uses. (We're Prime members so get stuff from Amazon almost daily.)

Yes we are totally booked, room, air, tickets. :woohoo: I am about ready to shoot an e-mail off to the IPO to get my dining done and some other requests. It is weird because this is the first time we are going when there is not a party going on, i.e., MNSSHP & MVMCP unless they decide to bring Pirate and Princess back or something new :thumbsup2 Anyways, it feels so good to finally planning another return! :dance3:

While I really wanted to go in early December DH and I decided that the trip might get spoiled by the fact that we are still in such a funk from My Mom passing away. Between Thanksgiving, her b-day 12/6, Christmas and that my parents would have celebrated 40 years of marriage on 1/9, it will be a tough holiday season. I want to go to Disney with all that behind us!

Congrats on finally getting booked. Though I'm bummed you decided against December, ITA. :hug: Just happy that you're getting your trip, hopefully when you can fully enjoy it. :)

Did they charge you a fee? I've heard some resorts charge a fee on all items not delivered via USPS, which Amazon rarely uses. (We're Prime members so get stuff from Amazon almost daily.)

From my understanding is that the convention resorts charge. But the way things are these days, it could have changed. On all three trips I have had stuffed shipped ahead of time. I have shipped water from Costco and boxes via UPS and have not incurred a charge. That being said, when I shipped the box via UPS, we were staying Club level so they had the box there when we arrived. I guess I would call the resort directly (or call center) and ask? The Poly number is (407) 824-2000. If you could let us know what they say? I would appreciate it just in case someone else is considering doing the same thing.

Congrats on finally getting booked. Though I'm bummed you decided against December, ITA. :hug: Just happy that you're getting your trip, hopefully when you can fully enjoy it. :)

I know :guilty:

We even watched the video from our Christmas trip in 2008 this weekend and it we were swinging back and forth but after a lenghty discussion last night with DH we felt this would be the best choice. Also, if we went in December we would only be able to stay 5 nights. For this trip we get to stay 8 :banana: That sort of tipped it in!

You can come back and run the Princess Half. We are arriving that weekend :rolleyes1 I will be happy to stand on the side of the road and cheer you on :cheer2:

You can come back and run the Princess Half. We are arriving that weekend :rolleyes1 I will be happy to stand on the side of the road and cheer you on :cheer2:

Interesting thought ... don't know if I could convince DH to go back that soon (especially since we're planning on return trip next fall to celebrate our 10th anniversary (at GF) and then have the kids join us for a week at the Poly). And I don't know if I could train for that distance during the winter months here! (I'm a running weenie when it comes to freezing cold and snow!) Maybe you guys would be up for an early October trip in 2011? :rolleyes1

Happy for you too!! Sorry about your mom - my DH lost his mom in July after a long illness so I know the holidays won't be easy for him either. On the other hand, can't think of a better place to shake the blues than Disney. We are both really looking forward to our November trip.

Hospice counselors always suggest taking a break from holiday traditions the year after someone close dies. They feel hit helps you cope better through those major loss points. I've know several families that have spent Christmas at Disney for this reason.

I'm in the single digit dance. I was working this weekend with a smile on my face because I was thinking: it a week I will be hanging out with Mickey Mouse!

I have 2 suitcases packed so far with the kids' clothes and the one kid's special needs foods. Now I need to run to the pharmacy to get another kid's insulin and test strips so we can pack that.

I am so on vacation mode already!

Heya-
My mom and I are checking in on Oct 1 ( :cool1: ) and I remember reading somewhere that the Poly has motion sensors for the A/C, and that if no one's in the room it turns it off. Is that still the case? We like rooms slightly cooler than considered normal (read :cold: ) - can we get someone to adjust it, or do we need to buy a balloon to keep it on?

Thanks!
:goodvibes

Heya-
My mom and I are checking in on Oct 1 ( :cool1: ) and I remember reading somewhere that the Poly has motion sensors for the A/C, and that if no one's in the room it turns it off. Is that still the case? We like rooms slightly cooler than considered normal (read :cold: ) - can we get someone to adjust it, or do we need to buy a balloon to keep it on?

Thanks!
:goodvibes

We always have a balloon in the room because of my kiddo so I really don't know about if it keeps the a/c running. There also is a ceiling fan that does a good job of cooling down the room once you get back into it. We always buy the balloon the first night of the trip so DD has it the whole time we are there. They are $10 on Main Street and are a nice addition to the Decor in your room :thumbsup2

My big beef is the fan in the bathroom that is activated by motion. So when I take a shower I have an extra towel handy and I literally snap it towards the door a few times while I am showering to trip the sensor for the fan to go back on.:rolleyes: It is totally ridiculous but it is the only way I can keep the fan running. My DH laughs when he hears the towel snap :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter