Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We checked in last night if anyone has questions.
We are on the 3 floor of Rarotonga over looking the East pool. No construction going on over here. It's very quiet and peaceful. The resort does not seem very crowded yet but I over heard cast members talking about getting ready for tonight. I guess it's gonna get crazy.

I believe the East pool is changing the direction in which it faces so they will have to make a whole new foundation. I would say the East pool construction will be worse, but really only affecting the surrounding longhouses.

Edit: I also think tikiman said a while ago that they will also be building a grill and bar area or something like that at the East pool. You can see the building south of the pool in this resort map.
new-poly-map.jpg
Yes, this, sorry I wasn't more clear. Worse from a construction standpoint and those with SV rooms (including CL). Given the lack of availability for SV rooms in December, however, a lot of these rooms may have been taken out of inventory? Not sure how availability has been in other months, but I had a very hard time tweaking my SV December reservation by just a few days.

Given that the main pool is now open, though, and the fact that most construction is supposed to take place during the day, the east pool construction should not affect stays as much as the main pool closure or GCH construction did (unless you're facing it).

And many of those that stayed during the worst of the construction still reported wonderful stays. I definitely wouldn't shy away from Poly just due to the east pool construction.

Thanks for the info! I called guest relations and they said the tend to do the monorail returns during the day when not as many people are utilizing the monorail. He said we'd be able to take the boat. He also said they would actually let us in the park at 7, which I was very surprised! I just don't want to have to get in the park at 8 and rush down main street to get to BOG. Maybe I'll just take a taxi. I feel like I rush every day in 'real' life, I just want to take my time in the morning, then hit the rides. Anyone know about how much a taxi ride would be from poly to MK?
What time does MK open that day? When we were there in May with an 8 am ADR on a day the park opened at 8, we were NOT allowed to enter prior to the start of the welcome show. Just a heads up.

I believe the East pool is changing the direction in which it faces so they will have to make a whole new foundation. I would say the East pool construction will be worse, but really only affecting the surrounding longhouses.

Edit: I also think tikiman said a while ago that they will also be building a grill and bar area or something like that at the East pool. You can see the building south of the pool in this resort map.
new-poly-map.jpg
I guess that makes sense. I remember Tikiman saying they were enlarging the pool, adding hot tub and bar & grill

Yes, this, sorry I wasn't more clear. Worse from a construction standpoint and those with SV rooms (including CL). Given the lack of availability for SV rooms in December, however, a lot of these rooms may have been taken out of inventory? Not sure how availability has been in other months, but I had a very hard time tweaking my SV December reservation by just a few days.

Given that the main pool is now open, though, and the fact that most construction is supposed to take place during the day, the east pool construction should not affect stays as much as the main pool closure or GCH construction did (unless you're facing it).

And many of those that stayed during the worst of the construction still reported wonderful stays. I definitely wouldn't shy away from Poly just due to the east pool construction.

There is a magical deal the covers early December at the Poly for SV and CL rooms. That could be part of the problem too.

It would make so much sense for them to wait until mid to late August to close the East pool. Summer is extremely busy and many more people swim. The crowds die down a lot mid to late August when the kids go back to school. Even during the busy winter times, not as many people swim.

Uggghhh, my daughter is really wanting to stay here in February, and so do I, but I know that the construction will still be taking place. I feel though as there will be some good deals to be had here early 2016. Either with the certain travel agency or even another 35% discount on the DVC rooms through Disney.

It would make so much sense for them to wait until mid to late August to close the East pool. Summer is extremely busy and many more people swim. The crowds die down a lot mid to late August when the kids go back to school. Even during the busy winter times, not as many people swim.

Yep, this gets my vote too :thumbsup2

Sooooo... After seeing so many pictures and things looking better, I have moved our reservation from BC to Poly for next weekend!
My daughter really wanted to stay at the Poly and since the pool drama seems to have died down, I moved us tonight!

She is going to love it!

Sitting here on my patio here at Poly waiting for the drama to start as tons of people are standing along the walkway all holding umbrellas.....making it impossible for us (and all 1st floor CL LV) guests to see the water parade when it begins. Actually, I'm so happy to have the safety of our room because it's still lightning a lot!! My iPad doesn't have a flash for night photos or I'd snap a picture of all these people in front of us.

Here is a photo of the storm a couple hours ago from my patio
image.jpg

Sitting here on my patio here at Poly waiting for the drama to start as tons of people are standing along the walkway all holding umbrellas.....making it impossible for us (and all 1st floor CL LV) guests to see the water parade when it begins. Actually, I'm so happy to have the safety of our room because it's still lightning a lot!! My iPad doesn't have a flash for night photos or I'd snap a picture of all these people in front of us.

Here is a photo of the storm a couple hours ago from my patio
View attachment 107070

Same here.
Finally just gave up and thinking about going to bed early. I don't think this storm is going to let up.

Same here.
Finally just gave up and thinking about going to bed early. I don't think this storm is going to let up.

I just went to the CM desk and they said the show has been delayed without a new start time. Honestly I can't believe all these people standing outside with metal umbrellas! The Lightning is crazy.

Is anyone streaming the fireworks this year? I'd love to see them from the Poly, so if there is a link can someone let me know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter