• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMAZING how lazy and sloppy some can be.:confused3 Doesn't take much effort to deposit used towels when you are leaving in the dirty bin! Have a little consideration for the person who might be waiting to use your chair!>:( ENJOY your stay!:thumbsup2

This is one of my pet peeves. And the towel return bins are right by the exits, how hard is it to drop towel in a bin. No consideration for others at all :mad:

Here now and don't see any hammocks.

The pool gates are kind of hard to figure out. You scan your band but it really doesn't show exactly what to line it up with. Once it scans correctly I think you have to hurry and try to open gate or else it resets.

We were at the pool today until they cleared it due to lightning. I think the same old problem exists and that's the dirty towels that people leave on chairs. We are learning to get rid of their towels ourselves so that we can have a place to sit....

Thanks for letting us know about the hammocks, sad they are gone but it looks like they won't be coming back.

I see that others reported about the hammocks and sadly they are gone.

We have had trouble with the pool gates; sometimes they open with our bands, sometimes they don't. I've noticed that if the gates don't open and no one is around to let the person who is trying to open the gate in that a CM will walk over and open the gate for them. I have yet to hear (or see) a CM ask the person(s) if they are a resort guest so essentially the CM could be opening the gate for a non-resort guest.

Hmmm, the link that was posted here earlier said these hours are only for Monday - Wednesday. Then Thursday thru Sunday had normal morning hours (8am for Epcot beam and 7am for resort beam). Anyone know which one is correct? Here's that link again for reference
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...ney-world-monorail-system-operating-hours.htm

Does anyone know which article re monorail refurb is most recent ie accurate?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportation/monorail.htm

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...ney-world-monorail-system-operating-hours.htm

Hi all! I just checked in on-line for our trip in August (yay!), and I was hoping to make a room request, but sadly "close to the lounge" was not among my choices. We are staying CL so I figured I didn't really need to check Hawaii, is that right?!

How do I make more specific requests? TIA!

Hi all! I just checked in on-line for our trip in August (yay!), and I was hoping to make a room request, but sadly "close to the lounge" was not among my choices. We are staying CL so I figured I didn't really need to check Hawaii, is that right?!

How do I make more specific requests? TIA!

The best way to make your requests is to call and have them added to your reservation. The phone CM will be able to add your requests free form so you are not limited to certain choices. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

The best way to make your requests is to call and have them added to your reservation. The phone CM will be able to add your requests free form so you are not limited to certain choices. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 5-6 days prior to your arrival.

Oooh thank you! So I just call the Disney number? Or is this something I can have the IPO submit for me? Thanks again!

Thinking about a special occasion in Dec 2016 and looking to score the 1bdr suite or TPV club level. I see that packages were released for 2016 but I still cannot make resort (room only)reservations for those dates. Do I recall correctly that these open at 499 days?

Thinking about a special occasion in Dec 2016 and looking to score the 1bdr suite or TPV club level. I see that packages were released for 2016 but I still cannot make resort (room only)reservations for those dates. Do I recall correctly that these open at 499 days?
Yes, that's correct.

Staying in one of the DVC Studios in August for one night. Planning on having my 12 year old daughter sleep on the pull down bed. Will she fit comfortably? She's about 5ft1.

Hi all! Wondering about online checkin. Do you think stopping in at the front desk is a worthwhile experience? We've never stayed at the Poly before. While getting access to our room via text sounds nice, I don't know if we should go that route.

Oooh thank you! So I just call the Disney number? Or is this something I can have the IPO submit for me? Thanks again!

I did the online check in, but needed to add that our traveling parties want to be at the same location where we're staying. I just sent my TA an email, and she takes care of the request for me. Looking forward to our first stay in August.

Did you consider the pool crowded and was pool gate working?:confused3 HOPE you had an AWESOME TRIP!:Pinkbounc
Pool was crowded in the afternoons. We would wait to swim after dinner. Gates worked most of the time but once in a while the bands would not work. Thanks. We had a great time :goodvibes

Really LOOKING FORWARD to hearing feedback about Tokealau! Hope that someone can post their experiences!:goodvibesTIA!::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter