Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!!

Thinking of the poly for
Our August 2016 trip, we will be there 14 nights, prob in a standard room.

What are the chances of getting a room with a balcony? We have 2 young boys and like to sit out after they have gone to sleep but I know not all rooms have balconies? Thanks!!
Your chances would be 1 in 3 - 1st floor rooms have patios, 3rd floor rooms have full balconies and 2nd floor rooms have a Juliette balcony. We normally request "first or third floor" to guarantee outdoor space, and that will also up your chances to 2/3 :)

Any feedback on monorail view rooms at Rarotonga or Aotearoa? Is the monorail really that loud? We are looking to request a room away from potential East pool construction noise and thought this may be a nice alternative.

I asked a CM this morning about the quiet pool construction and he said it is only starting after summer; it was to start in April but they decided to keep it open because the resort is too full right now to close it. Hopefully that is the case for those of you that have summer stays.

Your chances would be 1 in 3 - 1st floor rooms have patios, 3rd floor rooms have full balconies and 2nd floor rooms have a Juliette balcony. We normally request "first or third floor" to guarantee outdoor space, and that will also up your chances to 2/3 :)

Thank you for replying :) I'm so torn because I really want to stay at the poly but would be disappointed if we didn't have a balcony or patio!

I asked a CM this morning about the quiet pool construction and he said it is only starting after summer; it was to start in April but they decided to keep it open because the resort is too full right now to close it. Hopefully that is the case for those of you that have summer stays.

If only CM's gave the right information that would be great.

I got all excited when I saw this! We were so excited to stay at POLY in August, but jumped ship to the CR due to pool construction. I just had a quick glimmer that maybe we could switch back, but it sounds like maybe for this year, we should stay put at CR.

Maybe there's a chance the quiet pool will still be open in early-mid Sept? Hard to say what Disney's definition of "summer" really is.

Any feedback on monorail view rooms at Rarotonga or Aotearoa? Is the monorail really that loud? We are looking to request a room away from potential East pool construction noise and thought this may be a nice alternative.

I had a monorail view in Aotearoa and with the door closed you can't hear it at all. Even when you're outside the noise is very minimal.

Maybe there's a chance the quiet pool will still be open in early-mid Sept? Hard to say what Disney's definition of "summer" really is.

True! Their Sounds like Summer Epcot concert series only goes June thru end of July. Funny but I a,ways thought August was part of summer!

I had a monorail view in Aotearoa and with the door closed you can't hear it at all. Even when you're outside the noise is very minimal.
Even when you're standing right by monorail track it's not loud.

Just caught up...away for a few days and boy do I miss a lot!!

As for the quiet pool...really wish they would push back the start date as I'm really hoping we won't be going crazy trying to find lounge chairs in August like we did last year at the GF :crazy2:.

Ferrentinos: Congrats on the upgrade and glad to hear that you're loving the Poly!

Officially in countdown mode and getting very excited for our first Poly stay :)!

Anyones opibion on Aotearoa? I read tikimans page. I was interested in some of your opibions. I want to be away from the east pool. Also this building seems to have great standard room views.

Anyones opibion on Aotearoa? I read tikimans page. I was interested in some of your opibions. I want to be away from the east pool. Also this building seems to have great standard room views.
My first stay was in Aotearoa and I loved it! We had a room that faced the lagoon but it was considered "standard". It was room 3228 and was amazing.. In fact, i was just showing someone this picture today
10981443_10205709423828639_5560422764057524814_n.jpg

The room is directly above her head in the old picture

Our family will be staying at the Poly for the first time inn August for 9 nights!!!! We're DVC member so we booked standard view studio. I requested Moorea top floor for our room request hopefully that was a good choice? I just didn't want a view of parking lot if possible. Pool area looks awesome can't wait to arrive in 30 days :cool1:

We got the far end of the building away from the GCH on the first floor away from the opposite side of the lake towards the monorail and road. It was called a garden view room and being 3 rooms from the end of the building the garden had ended so it was a grass, monorail post and street view. My wife and I were extremely disappointed since the front desk person said it would have a garden view. The room seemed somewhat beat up too.

Thankfully, I remembered that he had offered to check on other options and we went back and they gave us the option for a Fiji room or Aptera room facing towards the lake. I remembered the lake view had a huge tree in from of the room so it probably wasn't that great and we took a ground floor in Fiji facing the small beach. It was a much better room and why I have my room requests for our trip in 3 weeks.

Our family will be staying at the Poly for the first time inn August for 9 nights!!!! We're DVC member so we booked standard view studio. I requested Moorea top floor for our room request hopefully that was a good choice? I just didn't want a view of parking lot if possible. Pool area looks awesome can't wait to arrive in 30 days :cool1:
EXCITING!:cheer2: Hope that you can post your experiences...EXCITED for our Poly stay in October too! LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!:thumbsup2

I got all excited when I saw this! We were so excited to stay at POLY in August, but jumped ship to the CR due to pool construction. I just had a quick glimmer that maybe we could switch back, but it sounds like maybe for this year, we should stay put at CR.
Me too!

I booked it then moved to BC CL because of the pool construction and monorail schedule.

Then on Friday night, I decided since the pool was still open, and the monorial won't effect me, I would move back!

5 days!!!!!!:flower1:

What size are the safes? Are the old small in wall? Or have they been replaces with the larger, in closet model where you set your own pin code? Our CR room last year had this kind and it was so nice not to worry about that key. Would a 17" laptop fit?
TIA!

anybody??

^keypad and looks as though a 17" will fit. Just found an older pic on Tikiman FB that shows a 15" with plenty of room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter