• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right? I think everyone is requesting Fiji or Aotearoa to get away from construction. I wonder what the chances are of getting requests? Thinking about # of people on the various Disney boards who are aware of construction vs general public who doesn't know, and not done research.

Word is getting out haha! I requested the wrong choice for us and since finding out about the construction went back and made a new request! But I'm a SUUUPPPPER type A planner and a hunter and digger for information!

I almost can't contain myself for this trip. I had a really rough year and I'm besides myself to get there!!! I can't stand it!!!

Word is getting out haha! I requested the wrong choice for us and since finding out about the construction went back and made a new request! But I'm a SUUUPPPPER type A planner and a hunter and digger for information!

I almost can't contain myself for this trip. I had a really rough year and I'm besides myself to get there!!! I can't stand it!!!
Lol, join the type A club!

Does anyone know if east pool construction has started? And if so....who has a report?

Just getting back to trip planning and I haven't looked through all of the threads yet..... what is the name of the Club Level red punch? Do they serve it anywhere else? I absolutely loved it but not staying CL this time.

People were still swimming in the East Pool yesterday.
I got a letter from the Poly today, for our June stay that said it would be closed starting mid April... :)

Closure and construction is supposed to begin as soon as the all of the main pool is done, which includes the kids water play area. At this point, they're finishing up the kids water play area, so once that's all done, east pool will start.

I'm really hoping that they finish it early because we have a CL garden view room reservation for December.

Calling all ladies who have stayed at the Poly before...should I pack my own hair dryer or are the 1500 watt ones powerful enough? I have curly hair that I straighten every day. :) Thanks for any input.

Just left the Poly. Had a great little weekend. We all loved the slide and the pool. It was nice having the TTC path opened up again.
Excited to go back next month and for the kids to try out the splash area they are still working on.

Just asked this question but since you just left...how are the blow dryers in the room? Are they powerful enough?

So, should I change my selection from Samoa to a different place? lol. I'll only be at the Poly for 2 days, so I don't know if it's worth it really to fuss about the room.

Does anyone know if the pineapple lanai still has the pineapple vanilla swirl? I read that the magic kingdom no longer has the swirl.

Just getting back to trip planning and I haven't looked through all of the threads yet..... what is the name of the Club Level red punch? Do they serve it anywhere else? I absolutely loved it but not staying CL this time.

From what I've read it's POG juice (Passion Fruit, Orange, Guava), and it seems to be almost identical to the "Jungle Juice" in Animal Kingdom and AKL but I think theirs is slightly different and has mango? Ohana should have it as well. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong :-)

From what I've read it's POG juice (Passion Fruit, Orange, Guava), and it seems to be almost identical to the "Jungle Juice" in Animal Kingdom and AKL but I think theirs is slightly different and has mango? Ohana should have it as well. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong :-)
Also called Stitch Juice (he's one of the characters at 'Ohana breakfast where it is served). I believe Jungle Juice and POG are the same.

It's at breakfast at Ohana and at Kona Cafe for breakfast as well. It's my DS's favorite. Tried to make it at home, but can't find Passion Fruit juice (nor guava now). will have to order them… :-/

Calling all ladies who have stayed at the Poly before...should I pack my own hair dryer or are the 1500 watt ones powerful enough? I have curly hair that I straighten every day. :) Thanks for any input.
I find the blowdryers at the deluxes work fine for me and dd. We both have thick hair.(not wall mounted kind they are real dryers).

I do know some still bring theirs but I's rather bring more shoes:rotfl:

Oh, the desk makes a good vanity too. Lots of plugs, mirror and chair.

Also called Stitch Juice (he's one of the characters at 'Ohana breakfast where it is served). I believe Jungle Juice and POG are the same.

It's at breakfast at Ohana and at Kona Cafe for breakfast as well. It's my DS's favorite. Tried to make it at home, but can't find Passion Fruit juice (nor guava now). will have to order them… :-/

These are all correct if you are inquiring about the breakfast juice; but if you are asking about the adult punch served in the evening, that is Ku'ulei's punch, named after a former CM who provided the recipe. I have only seen it served in CL. :drinking1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter