Allowed to wear wedding attire at resturaunts?

Cinderellainlove

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm new to these boards. My fiance and I are having an Escape collection wedding at Sea Breeze Pointe in July and the planner told me on the phone we couldn't wear our wedding attire out to the resturaunts afterward but I have seen posts about people eating at Victoria and Alberts, GF Cafe, Chef Mickey, etc. What do Escape wedding guests do about a reception typically? I'm sorry. I think I'm a little confused. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

That is not correct—the only place you can't wear wedding attire is inside the theme parks. Everyplace else on property, it is A-OK. :thumbsup2 Maybe s/he thought you were planning to eat at a park restaurant...? :confused3

We're an escape couple, there will be 8 of us in total.

After we get married we're headed over to 1900 park fare, we will be in wedding attire. Our wedding planner suggested this herself :goodvibes

Oh thank you! What a relief! We were thinking about eating at Chef Mickey's afterward or Ohana. Does anyone know if there are any special rooms you can rent out for dinner at any resort resturaunts? We will have about 15 guests.

We went to Chef Mickey's after our MK/DHS Photo Sessions. My family was eating breakfast there for my niece's birthday. It was a cool way to get pictures with characters.

Some of the restaurants have private rooms to rent. The one at Citrico's only takes 12 guests, so that is out. There is one at Jiko at AKL and I believe there is one at the Wave at the CR. A couple of the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin have private rooms too.
All these options would be fine with you wearing your wedding dress:thumbsup2

We're having our reception @ the Swan's Il Mulino in a private room and they are fine with me wearing wedding attire.

One of my good friends had an Escape wedding a few years ago. They married at Sea Breeze Pointe, and the reception was held in one of the private rooms at California Grill... a bit on the pricier side, but their food is (in my opinion) the best on Disney property (except Victoria & Alberts, the one Signature Service Restaurant I haven't dined at yet!). There are two private rooms, and ours was the one facing the castle! It was December and very chilly out, so the guests had the option of going outdoors on the top of the Contemporary (just a few feet away) or to stay inside to watch Wishes with dimmed lights and choreographed music. It was a fantastic experience!

We ate at Chef Mickey's after our wedding at Sea Breeze Point! I loved it! We were on a budget, and it fit in really well.

I also REALLY liked that it took our guests time to get there - I know a lot of people want something close to the wedding site, but we sent our guests off via friendship boat/bus while we got our pictures done. If we hadn't, they would have been standing around waiting for us for quite some time. We ended up all getting there at the same time for dinner because we took the limo over to The Comtemporary.

They put us upstairs in Chef Mickey's, so not a private room or anything, but it was in the back. They were all really nice and accommodating.

Forgot to add: we were obviously in wedding attire!

Hi there, we were in WDW a couple of weeks ago and dined at California Grill during our honeymoon. There was a bride in her full wedding dress in the restaurant along with the rest of the party. I'm sure you'll be fine, it would be really sad to have to take your dress off!!!!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest