All you need is to believe....~Our Sizzling Summer Getaway! July 2012~~ TR started!:)

Bummer about not being able to fit Sea World in on this trip but I definitely understand the cost. It does get to be expensive doing those one day visits to other parks (as fun as they may be). When my sisters and I did Universal a couple years ago for the WWOHP that was by far our most expensive day. Hopefully you'll get to go on a future trip, because it really is a great park. I'm dying to go back myself.

Looks like you added some great things though! Mini golf is always fun. :thumbsup2

I'm sad that you don't get to visit Sea World, but you seem to have a good philosophy about it. I'm impressed that you've already got your plans redone to fill in the gaps! I know I can't wait to do the dessert party! We're all going to love it!

I agree that skipping Sea World was probably a good choice. That transportation piece is just a pain! You'll get there someday, it's not going anywhere!

I am a big fan of the dining plans. I LOVE the convenience of being pre-paid and the freedom of being able to order what we like. We MAY (and I say that cautiously as I have 3 boys with large appetites) save a little money if we did OOP, but what we save in $$ we give up in trying to budget each meal and limit what we order. It's vacation, after all! I know others will disagree, but for our family, the meal plans are the only way to go.

A dessert party sounds fantastic! And my DH is exactly the same way about the Wishes crowd. It tends to be the most stressful part of our day. And who needs that?? Good choice! ;)

Wow Angie! That's quite a few changes, but I really think this sounds better for you guys! It's hard to make everything work and if you are going to be stressing about money spent, well, it's not worth it! Look forward to reading more!!! :wave2:

Thanks Ann!!:goodvibes I think it's a better plan too! I was really stressing about the cost so hopefully now I can relax and just focus on all the fun we are going to have!!:thumbsup2

Sea World is something I hadn't considered for this trip, but I'd like to go in the future. We're doing the dessert party also, were you still able to get reservations? That was the one thing I was afraid of - not being able to get the dessert party reservations for the date I wanted. (That's a little bit of OCD kicking in there, haha.) Your plans still sound great :goodvibes

I was able to book reservations for the dessert party last weekend.:thumbsup2 I wanted to make sure we had a back-up before I went ahead and made all the changes. I'm a little concerned that our seats won't be that great since we didn't book it right when the reservations opened up. But...oh well I guess we can always move close to the railing when Wishes starts. ( I think that's what they recommend anyway:confused3)
Sorry about SW, but your plans look great.
The dessert party is on my next wish list.

Thanks!!:goodvibes I'm still a little bit sad about SW but I know we'll make it there one of these days!!:thumbsup2

I think you made a good choice with Sea World. I know you really want to get there, but it will be so much easier if you stay off-site & have a car. When you were describing what would be involved with just getting there, I was a bit overwhelmed.

You'll really like the dessert party. We did it in April. It was nice to be able to sit and eat while we waited. It got a bit dicey when the fireworks started & everyone went up to the railing though. Fortunately most people were nice & wanted to make sure the kids could be right up front, but there was one woman who kept creeping in closer & closer. She had on a backpack & every time she turned she would hit one of the kids with the backpack. I finally said something to her. I heard other guests complaining about her too... I guess she REALLY wanted to be right up front. I stood behind the boys & Tim was happy to sit at our table. Also, doing it on an EMH night is smart. The park closed after Wishes when we were there so we had to make our way out with the million other people who were leaving.

Thanks Amy!!:goodvibes We do really want to get there but the transportation issue was beginning to be such a pain. I know it will be so much easier when we have a car! (Next time:thumbsup2)

I'm so excited for the dessert party!! It will be so nice to have a place to just sit, relax and eat some yummy desserts at MK. I am a little worried about how it's going to be when Wishes starts though. I have read that there can be a lot of crowding at the railing. I guess we'll hope for the best.

Bummer about not being able to fit Sea World in on this trip but I definitely understand the cost. It does get to be expensive doing those one day visits to other parks (as fun as they may be). When my sisters and I did Universal a couple years ago for the WWOHP that was by far our most expensive day. Hopefully you'll get to go on a future trip, because it really is a great park. I'm dying to go back myself.

Looks like you added some great things though! Mini golf is always fun. :thumbsup2

It really was getting so expensive which is sad because we really wanted to go there. But, on the bright side it means that we have more time for Animal Kingdom now and it looks like we might be able to make the afternoon parade after all!!:thumbsup2

We love playing mini-golf anyways. So, I'm sure playing at Disney is going to be even better!!!

I'm sad that you don't get to visit Sea World, but you seem to have a good philosophy about it. I'm impressed that you've already got your plans redone to fill in the gaps! I know I can't wait to do the dessert party! We're all going to love it!

I'm really looking forward to the dessert party!:thumbsup2 I've read a lot of good reviews and the desserts look so yummy!! Can't wait!!!:goodvibes

I agree that skipping Sea World was probably a good choice. That transportation piece is just a pain! You'll get there someday, it's not going anywhere!

I am a big fan of the dining plans. I LOVE the convenience of being pre-paid and the freedom of being able to order what we like. We MAY (and I say that cautiously as I have 3 boys with large appetites) save a little money if we did OOP, but what we save in $$ we give up in trying to budget each meal and limit what we order. It's vacation, after all! I know others will disagree, but for our family, the meal plans are the only way to go.

A dessert party sounds fantastic! And my DH is exactly the same way about the Wishes crowd. It tends to be the most stressful part of our day. And who needs that?? Good choice! ;)

Ugh! You're right! Between the price and the transportation issue it was getting to be so stressful. I'm sad we can't make it this trip but you're right it's not going anywhere and we'll get there eventually!:thumbsup2

Honestly, I don't know why we decided to take the dining plan off in the first place.:confused3 I think since we wanted a few TS meals that I thought it would be less expensive OOP and it may be but only if we limit what we get. We have always loved the fact that we could get whatever we want and not have to think about it. It was so easy and convenient! I'm glad we decided to add it back on!:thumbsup2

I'm so hoping that the dessert party will mean less stress for DH. The last time we saw the parade from Main Street, DH was so stressed because of the crowds but especially because of the people trying to squeeze in at the last minute. We ended up moving down near the train station to watch Wishes which for us wasn't as magical because they left the lights on and the giant flag pole was part of the view as well. Needless to say, I'm hoping for a much more magical experience this time!!:goodvibes

That's too bad you'll miss SeaWorld again, but if it was stressing you out then it's not worth it.

Both the dessert party and mini-golf sound like lots of fun :thumbsup2

That's too bad you'll miss SeaWorld again, but if it was stressing you out then it's not worth it.

Both the dessert party and mini-golf sound like lots of fun :thumbsup2

I'm still sad that we are not able to go to SeaWorld this trip but I guess it wasn't meant to be. :sad2: We'll get there eventually!:thumbsup2

I'm so excited for the dessert party and mini-golf though. Can't wait!!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.:guilty: It's been crazy busy here. I'm not really sure what we were thinking trying to plan a summer trip. I have discovered that besides Christmas this is the busiest time of the year for us between getting the yard work done, planting the garden, and getting the pool up. Not to mention all the school activities and field trips. Nick is also in choir and band so there has been a lot of practices lately trying to get ready for his concert tomorrow evening. And sadly, a very close uncle passed away last week so not only was there not time to do any planning for our trip but I just wasn't feeling up to it.:sad2:

But....waking up this morning I realized it's a new week and we are almost a month away:eek: I will admit I went into a little panic at first because it still feels like I have so much to do. Thankfully, our list of items to get is getting smaller though as we managed to pick up a few things on one of our shopping trips a couple weeks ago. Which reminds me of one less thing I have to get...earplanes. Noah got tubes put back in his ears a few weeks ago so they won't be needed now. I'll have to cross them off my list.:thumbsup2 I'm going to try and post my to do list soon, old vacation pics that I know I have promised I think on the last two updates and our recent movie night. We did manage to squeeze in a quick movie night recently. We chose Cars..a cute movie. Not one of my personal favorites but the boys like it. Which reminds me. Has anyone been following the opening of the new AoA resort. I'm so excited that they took down the wall. Now we will be able to walk over from Pop on our trip.:yay: I can't wait to check out the new resort! Since our last day now only includes mini-golf, I think we have decided that we will eat breakfast or lunch at AoA and try to explore some of the resort.:upsidedow

Well, I guess that's all for my mini life update.:) I'll be back later to post our Cars movie night pics.:thumbsup2

Wow, Angie, I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, summer is very busy, but I know with us, we have to get a trip in BEFORE school starts as Victoria is a freshman this year and she didn't want to miss any school.

I have been reading the AoA resort thread. It's exciting to have a new resort. My big issue with that is there is only 3 of us, so a suite is unnecessary, but the Little Mermaid section is FAR, FAR AWAY from the main hall. We still have to crunch numbers, but I think we'll do Pop next year in the preferred section. Or, if the numbers work out that it would be only $200 or so to upgrade to a mod, then we will. But, which one? Ugh, decisions, decisions!! :confused3

Wow, Angie, I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, summer is very busy, but I know with us, we have to get a trip in BEFORE school starts as Victoria is a freshman this year and she didn't want to miss any school.

I have been reading the AoA resort thread. It's exciting to have a new resort. My big issue with that is there is only 3 of us, so a suite is unnecessary, but the Little Mermaid section is FAR, FAR AWAY from the main hall. We still have to crunch numbers, but I think we'll do Pop next year in the preferred section. Or, if the numbers work out that it would be only $200 or so to upgrade to a mod, then we will. But, which one? Ugh, decisions, decisions!! :confused3

Thanks Ann!!:goodvibes

Summer is very busy. I guess I just forgot how busy it can be.:rolleyes1 Oh well...it's what worked out best since we didn't want the boys to miss any school either and I really am sooooo excited for this vacation!!:yay: Can't wait!

I have been following the AoA resort thread as well. I'm loving all the new pictures that people have been posting. I saw that Little Mermaid is so far away from the main hall.:confused3 It would be fun to stay there but I doubt I could convince the boys to stay in that section and like you we really don't need the extra for the suites. Next trip, I'm pushing for CBR!:thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

We passed by AOA a couple of times on our way to the parks and it looks amazing from the outside. I can only imagine what it looks like "in real life".

Sorry about your loss.

Only a month to go! Are you a pre-packer or last minute? I like to start getting my things together about two weeks out, so two weeks from now!

Summer is absolutely the busiest time of year in our family. With baseball, camps, traveling to see family.....it never ends! Sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope you are feeling better.

We may stay at the AoA if we are able to go next Spring. Still looking into options as my boys continue to GROW!!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

We passed by AOA a couple of times on our way to the parks and it looks amazing from the outside. I can only imagine what it looks like "in real life".

Thanks Lisa.:goodvibes

Oh..I'm so excited to see AOA! All the pictures I've seen look amazing!! Not too much longer now!:woohoo:
Sorry about your loss.

Only a month to go! Are you a pre-packer or last minute? I like to start getting my things together about two weeks out, so two weeks from now!

Thanks.:goodvibes

I am a pre-packer.:thumbsup2 I've actually been throwing a few things in the suitcase already. Although, I will probably have to reorganize it as we get closer to the trip. I can't believe we are getting so close!!:yay:

Summer is absolutely the busiest time of year in our family. With baseball, camps, traveling to see family.....it never ends! Sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope you are feeling better.

We may stay at the AoA if we are able to go next Spring. Still looking into options as my boys continue to GROW!!

Thanks Missy.:goodvibes

I agree!!! I guess I never realized how hectic summer can be....and then to throw in a big trip too. Whew! It's definitely keeping me busy!;)

How exciting to be thinking about staying at AoA next Spring. :woohoo:

Hi Angie! I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. :hug:

I totally know what you mean about being busy this time of year! The boys have 7 days of school left this year & we've been going non-stop! Alex had his trumpet concert last night, we have Field Day tomorrow, Zach has an "author's tea" at school Tuesday, 5th grade celebration Tuesday night, last day of school next Thursday. Plus baseball is still going on and that has kept us extra busy this year!

Anyways... I can't imagine trying to plan a trip right now but hopefully things settle down with end of school year stuff & you can get excited about your trip! It's right around the corner!!!!!

Hi! Just wandering around trip reports and happened to find your's. I'm still reading through it, but just wanted to comment that I'm also a scrapbooker (to the tune I could probably open my own store with supplies that's in my room) and I LOVE Pop Century. We won't be staying there on our upcoming trip - will be at All Star Music. But hopefully we'll be back there on the next trip. Well, back to reading more of your Pre-TR.

So sorry for your loss. You'll get everything done in time. Time goes fast, but the need to be ready is greater. Fun idea to go eat breakfast at AoA. It looks gorgeous in the photos. I think CBR would be so much fun, though. That's a great idea for next trip!

Hi! Just wandering around trip reports and happened to find your's. I'm still reading through it, but just wanted to comment that I'm also a scrapbooker (to the tune I could probably open my own store with supplies that's in my room) and I LOVE Pop Century. We won't be staying there on our upcoming trip - will be at All Star Music. But hopefully we'll be back there on the next trip. Well, back to reading more of your Pre-TR.

Not to hijack Angie's report, but I read the work scrapbooker and had to jump in!!! Your room sounds like mine. I feel you can never have enough supplies, right??!!! Anyways, I put a couple pages on my current ptr if you want to check them out. Nothing fancy, but I do love to do it!!! :goodvibes

Not to hijack Angie's report, but I read the work scrapbooker and had to jump in!!! Your room sounds like mine. I feel you can never have enough supplies, right??!!! Anyways, I put a couple pages on my current ptr if you want to check them out. Nothing fancy, but I do love to do it!!! :goodvibes

Great! Thanks for the invite. I'll hop over and check out your pages. Maybe I'll put some of my pages up on my Pre-TR also. Never thought about doing that. I think I'm up to 12 Disney scrapbook albums now. :rolleyes1

My newest obsession is actually an old hobby rediscovered. I've started sewing Disney customs for the family to wear on our next trip. Scrapbooking has kinda taken a backseat to my sewing machine. I still have pictures from our 2010 trip that are in the box. :blush:

Hi Angie! I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. :hug:

I totally know what you mean about being busy this time of year! The boys have 7 days of school left this year & we've been going non-stop! Alex had his trumpet concert last night, we have Field Day tomorrow, Zach has an "author's tea" at school Tuesday, 5th grade celebration Tuesday night, last day of school next Thursday. Plus baseball is still going on and that has kept us extra busy this year!

Anyways... I can't imagine trying to plan a trip right now but hopefully things settle down with end of school year stuff & you can get excited about your trip! It's right around the corner!!!!!

Thanks Amy:goodvibes

Ugh! Summer is so busy or at least getting ready for summer is. The boys have a week and half left and it consists of Noah's field trip, both their track and field day, a donuts with Dad day to celebrate Father's Day and Nick's graduation. Plus I've added in a visit to the eye doctor for Nick and I'm trying to put together a garage sale for tomorrow morning. I can't imagine adding sports to the mix. I'm kind of glad they only play fall sports because I don't know what I would do.:sad2: As you said, once things settle down I'm sure I'll be able to get everything done!:thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad you joined in!! I love to scrapbook..I just wish I could find the time to do it these days.:rolleyes: I am so behind on organizing all my pictures. I don't think I've even finished our last trip to Disney yet.:o But, I'm hoping to catch up soon and maybe even do one for this trip.:thumbsup2

So sorry for your loss. You'll get everything done in time. Time goes fast, but the need to be ready is greater. Fun idea to go eat breakfast at AoA. It looks gorgeous in the photos. I think CBR would be so much fun, though. That's a great idea for next trip!

Thanks:goodvibes I know it's stressful right now but soon the boys will be out of school and things will start to quiet down. (hopefully) I just need to keep reminding myself of that!! We're excited to walk over to AoA for breakfast one morning. It will give us a great excuse to get a peek at the new resort!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter