• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All you need is to believe....~Our Sizzling Summer Getaway! July 2012~~ TR started!:)

New reader here. Going in early July. Celebrating a Kinder grad and 17 years too.
Congrats on your college degree.
Great movie nights - very creative.
Love, love your park bag.
Sea World is very hot, plan your day around the shows not the rides if you want to see them all it eats up a lot of time. Manta (I think is its name) is a very cool coaster ride, we thought it was worth the wait.
Enjoying your daily plans, I think we could follow your MK plan! It is us to a "t".

:welcome: and thanks!!:thumbsup2

Congrats on your celebrations as well!:goodvibes

Thanks for the tip on Sea World. We plan on doing mostly the shows and checking out the exhibits. I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to get my boys on Manta, they are not much for thrill rides. I'd love to try it though so maybe I can talk them into it.

I just told my friend, "I just read a pre-trip report by one of the best moms ever!" haha your movie nights are the cutest, most creative and fun ideas i have seen yet! i love it and cant imagine how much your boys must enjoy it! although i am 27 and going with my 29 year old disney buddy in a couple months i want to hint that he start planning these for me!

I just told my friend, "I just read a pre-trip report by one of the best moms ever!" haha your movie nights are the cutest, most creative and fun ideas i have seen yet! i love it and cant imagine how much your boys must enjoy it! although i am 27 and going with my 29 year old disney buddy in a couple months i want to hint that he start planning these for me!

Aww...thanks!:goodvibes We've had such a great time doing our movie nights! Honestly, I think I have had just as much fun as the boys planning and figuring out what activities to do with each movie.:thumbsup2 I'm pretty sure that Cars will be our movie for May. I've found so many cute ideas to go along with the movie. Can't wait to share them!:)

Count me in!!

:welcome:

count me in too.

:welcome:

Hi Angie!

I finally made it over and am all caught up with your plans, which sound great :thumbsup2

I can't believe how grown up your boys are looking, but then I compared the pictures from our trip in '09 with the trip last fall and realized how much my girls have grown! Glad to see they aren't too old to enjoy the themed movie nights, I know Ella especially thought it was silly at first when I did ours in the fall but she got into it pretty quickly :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more about your plans :)

Hi Angie!

I finally made it over and am all caught up with your plans, which sound great :thumbsup2

I can't believe how grown up your boys are looking, but then I compared the pictures from our trip in '09 with the trip last fall and realized how much my girls have grown! Glad to see they aren't too old to enjoy the themed movie nights, I know Ella especially thought it was silly at first when I did ours in the fall but she got into it pretty quickly :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more about your plans :)

Hi Lara!

Glad you're here!!:goodvibes

I know...they are growing up way too fast!:sad2: I was organizing my pics the other day from our past Disney trips and couldn't believe how little they looked.

I'm glad that the boys are still enjoying the movie nights. I've had to scale it back a bit since we've first started because Nick's getting older and not into craft projects too much. So, instead we've been playing a lot of our Disney board games and I've been trying to concentrate on the menu.:thumbsup2

I finished writing up our Day 4 plans today so hopefully I can get them posted soon.:)

Day 4--Epcot

When looking over park hours for this trip I knew that we wanted to take full advantage of EMH especially in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We have always had great luck using them in Epcot as well. However, after finding out about Test Track being closed for refurbishment while we were there, I began to rethink them. The reason for this is that Epcot has so little things open for EMH…Spaceship Earth (which is usually not recommended riding when you first enter the park and we will have hopefully already rode it on our first evening in Epcot anyway), Mission Space, Soarin’, Living with the Land and Test Track. Our plan used to be that I would run for Soarin’ FP and then meet the boys over near TT to ride and then we’d do SSE before heading over to the Land pavilion. I’m sure Soarin’ will be crazy busy with TT closed and everyone will be running there, so I’m trying to avoid having my family accompany me in the stampede. Ideally it would work if we decided to ride Mission Space (green side) but we’re still not sure about that. One day it’s a yes and then the next time a no. Anyways, the point of my rambling and I do have a point…I promise! Is that I’m so unsure when it comes to this park day. It would actually make more sense not to do the EMH morning but every other day seemed to fall into place with what we wanted to do. So, I am determined to make the most of it and this is the plan that I have come up with so far…..

Tentative Epcot plans

Just like most mornings we will wake bright and early and head down to the food court for some breakfast. Since we plan to do a lot of snacking on this day, we’ll probably grab something quick and light. My hope is to arrive at opening ….
100e3377.jpg

More than likely I will join the crowd to the right and head straight over to the Land pavilion to grab FP for Soarin’. (Unless DH volunteers this time) Then we may meet in front of Mission Space to ride.
Mission.jpg

I’m thinking it would be fun to check out the interactive area after the ride as we have never visited this pavilion before.
Hopefully, this is what we will see and why I love early mornings in the park so much!!
100_2732.jpg

We may also decide to check out Innoventions to see Sum of All Thrills and then make our way over to—
100_2752.jpg

100_2759.jpg

We haven’t visited Turtle Talk with Crush since our second trip so I’m hoping the boys will want to do that as well.
100_0938.jpg

Then it’s off to see a little purple dragon—Nick does not like this ride! But, the rest of us do so he usually rides it for us….such a good boy!
100_1500.jpg

We might play a little bit….
100_1501.jpg

100_2784-1.jpg

By this time we should definitely be able to use our Soarin’ FP that we grabbed.
tumblr_luf1rll7mQ1qhi766o1_r1_500-1.png

If they are ready earlier than we can always skip Figment and go back to it later. (I’m sure Nick wouldn’t mind if we skipped it completely:rolleyes1)
Then we usually head over to Living with the Land-
100_2762.jpg

100_2768.jpg

A little lunch at Sunshine Seasons—
100_2761.jpg

Then we are off to check out the World Showcase!! Finally!
We usually start in Mexico and make our way around but for some reason that has always resulted in us missing Canada, UK, Morocco and France because by the time we make it around it’s in the evening hours and we have to start finding a spot for Illuminations. This time we have decided to start counter-clockwise and begin in Canada—
Copy2ofWaltDisneyWorld2008301-1.jpg

Our goal is explore, grab a snack (not sure….we may just check out the shops and get some candy instead of a snack) Noah has also requested that we do the Kidcot tables. Then it’s off to the UK—
Of course, I need another picture like this….maybe Nick won’t be so surprised this time that I’m going to take his picture!
100_2867-1.jpg

Again, we are unsure what snack to get in the UK especially since we will have just eaten, so we may try to find some more candy to bring back to the room for later. We will also be on the lookout for the maze as we always just run by and never take the time to see it.

Then it’s off to France and Morocco where we hope to grab a snack. In Morocco it will probably be Baklava to share and in France, either a chocolate éclair, croissant or crepe. Then we plan to do a little exploring. We’re hoping to see Serveur Amusant, the entertainer in France.
Depending on how I feel, I may want to grab another one of these. Yum….so good!
2007DisneyWorld332-1.jpg

Of course, I’ll be taking hundreds of pictures!! There are so many great picture taking opportunities in the World Showcase!
100_2841.jpg

At some point we will probably stop and do this. We’re hoping it has changed over to Agent P by the time we are there! (We’ll have to remember to grab FP before we start touring the WS)
100_2823.jpg

At this point we will probably be hot and tired and in desperate need of break. Although, the plan is usually to head back to the resort for a rest, I promised the boys that since we didn’t really have a rest day scheduled in that we would at least spend one evening at our resort swimming, and relaxing. So, I’m thinking we may take the boat back over to FW and check out Ellen’s Universe of Energy. We’ve never seen it and it will give us a chance to cool off and sit down for a while. Hopefully, by the time it’s done we will be feeling better and if that doesn’t help then we will find the Fountains so the boys can cool off and of course check out Club Cool!

Then it’s off to finish up Norway, China and Germany. Since we spent a lot of time exploring these countries on our last trip we will probably just concentrate on finishing our snacking quest. In Norway, I think we have decided to get the school bread. In China, we may try an eggroll or the caramel ginger ice cream and in Germany either a pretzel or something with caramel. I’m sure by this point we are going to be exhausted so it will be time to head out for the day.

When we get back to Pop it will probably be all about rest and relaxation. Depending on how we feel we may also want to check out the movie that’s playing down near the pool or try to catch a glimpse of Illuminations before we head to bed for the evening.

Even though it probably seems like we will be running here and there, that’s not really the goal. I just like to have a general guide in the back of my head of what we would like to see.:) Hopefully, we will get to do most of the stuff we want to do and what we don’t get to than we can plan for it on another trip. That’s the great thing about Disney…they always give you another reason to want to go back!:thumbsup2

75 days!!!!!​

I don't do Mission Space, but my boys do. We took the time to check out the interactive area at the end of the ride on our last trip and the boys really enjoyed it! I would recommend checking it out if you have the time.

Sounds like a good WS plan. Good idea to start in Canada and work "backwards" this time. That way you can be sure to see the things you usually miss our rush through.

Mmmmm...your snacking idea is fabulous! There is so much to try in the WS. I still need to hit that chocolate/caramel shop in Germany and the bakery in France!

Epcot is definitely going to be a challenge without Test Track. We're planning to do some of the same things... especially starting at Canada and going backwards around WS. Better snacks that way... including the slush!

That sounds like a packed day at Epcot, our only plans are dinner and Illuminations.

Awesome EPCOT day! Yeah, Test Track being down is going to change our usual touring, but oh well......complaining is not going to change it. Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

I don't do Mission Space, but my boys do. We took the time to check out the interactive area at the end of the ride on our last trip and the boys really enjoyed it! I would recommend checking it out if you have the time.

Sounds like a good WS plan. Good idea to start in Canada and work "backwards" this time. That way you can be sure to see the things you usually miss our rush through.

Mmmmm...your snacking idea is fabulous! There is so much to try in the WS. I still need to hit that chocolate/caramel shop in Germany and the bakery in France!

We are still undecided about Mission Space.:confused3 Well...the boys want to ride but it still makes me a little nervous.:worried: I've seen pictures of the interactive area at the end of the ride on other TR's (hmm...maybe yours?) and it looks fun! I'm sure the boys would really like it!:thumbsup2

Ooohhh...I can't wait to snack our way around the world.:woohoo: The only problem is that everything looks so yummy that I know we're going to have a hard time deciding what to get.:rolleyes1

Epcot is definitely going to be a challenge without Test Track. We're planning to do some of the same things... especially starting at Canada and going backwards around WS. Better snacks that way... including the slush!

It is going to be a challenge especially if we decide against riding MS. I just don't want to have to wait around for other things to open up or keep having to backtrack. Oh well...I guess we'll just wait and see.

I'm excited about starting in Canada this time around.:thumbsup2 We've missed so much on past trips.

That sounds like a packed day at Epcot, our only plans are dinner and Illuminations.

Awww....dinner and Illuminations sound great!:thumbsup2 I'm sad that we may end up missing Illuminations this year but then again these are only the plans for right now. We may decide to take a break after all and come back in the evening. Epcot is so pretty at night and I'd hate to miss it but I'm not sure when else to schedule our evening break.:confused3

Awesome EPCOT day! Yeah, Test Track being down is going to change our usual touring, but oh well......complaining is not going to change it. Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

I agree with you. We're sad that Test Track is going to be down because the boys love it so much but really what can you do. Honestly, it was always breaking down on our trips anyway. I'm actually excited to see what they are going to do with it.:thumbsup2 Plus, it looks like despite rumors BTMRR is going to open up on time after all. I'm so happy about this! It's definitely a favorite!!:yay:

That's too bad TT will be down while you're there - you're right it does require a whole different strategy!

Some snack ideas...we enjoyed the maple-flavoured almonds in Canada (they were in a package in the gift shop I think or at a kiosk). In France I enjoyed a ham and cheese croissant from the Bakery which they heated up for me, it was delish. Our something caramel from Germany was the caramel corn...oh my goodness, best caramel corn I've ever had!

Good plan on starting at Canada this time, not that I'm biased :rolleyes1, making your way around World Showcase always takes longer than you think it will.

That's too bad TT will be down while you're there - you're right it does require a whole different strategy!

Some snack ideas...we enjoyed the maple-flavoured almonds in Canada (they were in a package in the gift shop I think or at a kiosk). In France I enjoyed a ham and cheese croissant from the Bakery which they heated up for me, it was delish. Our something caramel from Germany was the caramel corn...oh my goodness, best caramel corn I've ever had!

Good plan on starting at Canada this time, not that I'm biased :rolleyes1, making your way around World Showcase always takes longer than you think it will.

Thanks for the snack ideas!!!:goodvibes The maple-flavored almonds sound yummy!! I was just telling DH about the caramel shop in Germany the other night and the first thing he said was that we would have to get some caramel corn! :thumbsup2

I know...we always have high hopes that we can do more in the World Showcase. This trip we really want to try and focus on those countries that we have never had the time to see. Oh and hopefully complete our snack quest as well.;)

So, as nervous as I've been about going in the summer things keep popping up that are erasing those fears and getting me more excited to go back.:thumbsup2

While browsing the web yesterday I discovered a few updates about new things happening at WDW this summer.:dance3:

First of all, it looks like BTMRR is opening on schedule at the end of May despite rumors that it was going to be delayed. We were so happy to find this out. If you read any of my trip reports you would know how much we love this ride!!:love:

100_2956-1.jpg

It's even better in the dark!! I'm hoping to get some amazing pictures of it at night (well..if I'm brave enough to take my camera out this year.):rolleyes1

PDRM0077.jpg

I'm sure this is how Noah felt when we told him the news....
100_0851-2.jpg

:laughing:Actually I just love that picture so much! I think he was dancing? because we were headed back to MK for the night.:)

I also read this morning that The Magic, The Memories and You summer show will begin May 25th. Apparently, Cinderella Castle is turning into a giant sandcastle. Here's a sneak peek....
cas118942SMALL.jpg

I can't even tell you how excited I am to see this show!!!

Lastly, I read that Agent P will be opening in June!! I'm not sure if they have set an exact date yet but I am so happy that it will be there when we go in July. Noah is completely obsessed with Perry!:thumbsup2

agg496434LARGE-800x332.jpg

Up Next--Saving for Disney!

Great news about BTMRR

The sandcastle looks awesome, I'll be looking forward to seeing that too.

I didn't know about the new castle show so thanks for posting the info! Now I'm all excited for our "something new". :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter