All those with 20 inches of snow or more.......

Where we live we got at least 2 ft plus. We waited to shovel out yesterday after the plows got done going past our house. We live on a major Highway Rt. 30 so we have 2 lanes plus the shoulder scrapped onto our front yard and our front yard is only 50 feet from the road. The snow bank in front of our house is approx 5 ft tall. At the end of our driveway where our neighbor piled our driveway snow with a front end loader is approximately 8 ft. I will be taking some pictures of it tommorrow and seeing if I can put them on here. I think this snow will be here when I leave for WDW on April 30 and will be here when I get back. Man there is a lot of white stuff out there in our yard!!!

Checking in from under 2 ft. of snow.
My DH can retire from the FDNY in 2 1/2 yrs. I am trying to convince him to move South-after this winter and the chilly Fla. waether someplace like Puerto Rico seems more appropriate!!

I would settle for the Carolina's or Fla. I would love Fla, but he likes Mtns. What was I thinking 10 yrs. ago when we got married? I am looking for a small town to raise a family with waether that does not include for 5 months-"wind chill factor" in the daily forecast.

"Lake effect snow"-bad words!!

Maureenmac-my DH has cousins in Amityville-last name Russell-his uncle also works at the Bay Village Inn-anything sound familiar?

Nezy, Hi, yes the Bay Village Inn is right on Broadway the main road that runs right through our village. Right now you can't park in front of it because the middle of Broadway is filled with snow and the parking lane is part of the single lane running south. Hope that makes sense.

Maureenmac-
If you ever manage to get into BVI, say HI! to bartender Mike Russell-my DH's uncle.

Just went outside, the snow is melting, but where will go?
Let the flooding begin?

Aye! I was considering a move to Canada if we go to war but I may have to consider Mexico instead :).

The blizzard Monday was beautiful, we spent the day shoveling, sledding down steps, watching people ski down busy city streets, and burrowing inside with hot chocolate and movies.

Two days later, this mess is piled up, gray, slushy, covered with dog mess, the garbage hasn't been picked up because the sanitation trucks are still plowing, and everything is just generally ugly and awful.

But, flights are back on schedule and the runway is clear.

Good thing I'm out of here in eighteen hours! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter