• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Things Galveston (Updated - 5/21/14)

I have a question that has not been asked that I can see. We are on the Feb 23 cruise and are driving in from Phoenix. We pull a 29' travel trailer and I was wondering which if any parking lots can accommodate a truck and trailer?
Does the WalMart in Galveston allow overnight RV stays?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all

I have a question that has not been asked that I can see. We are on the Feb 23 cruise and are driving in from Phoenix. We pull a 29' travel trailer and I was wondering which if any parking lots can accommodate a truck and trailer?

Thanks to all

I don't think any Walmart allows that... I know every one I've been to has big signs forbidding that very thing. But there are lots of RV parks in Galveston, due to all the Winter Texans who come down. The closest to the cruise terminal area would be Bayou Shores:

http://bayoushoresrvresort.com/index.html

And some more:

http://goo.gl/maps/6vWQv

Homefixitguru said:

Thanks to all

Walmarts do allow travel trailer parking, but I think you have to stay with the trailer. You couldn't leave it unattended. Some of the parking spots allow for oversized autos which I assume are for RVs. I've seen them parked. You need to call ahead and ask.

Thanks to all

Although it used to be that Walmart welcomed RVs with open arms, it's now up to each store. I've got a couple of links for you below, I don't know how accurate they are, but both of them show the Walmart in Galveston as being RV friendly :thumbsup2

http://www.walmartatlas.com/no-park-walmarts

http://www.allstays.com/c/walmart-texas-locations-map.htm

Someone on our 10/13/12 cruise had an RV that they were parking at the Port. They used the Port of Galveston parking with no problems, so that's a good place to start. :goodvibes

There are some nice RV parks in the Galveston area but if you are literally just wanting a place to put your head for a few hours, they might be on the pricey side.

The airline changed our flight to an earlier flight time on our return day. Our flight now leaves at 12:25. What is the earliest time we can take the Disney transfer to Bush Int? How do we request the earliest transfer to the airport? Will we make a 12:25 flight?

The airline changed our flight to an earlier flight time on our return day. Our flight now leaves at 12:25. What is the earliest time we can take the Disney transfer to Bush Int? How do we request the earliest transfer to the airport? Will we make a 12:25 flight?

want to know the same thing

We were on the magic last week. The first bus to IAH is at 845 and the second and last one is at 930. You don't reserve a spot on the busses you just need to be out there and on board with all of your luggage! We left out of HOU and we were on the 9 am bus to there. We would have easily made a 1200 flight but there wasn't one. Hope this helps! :)

We were on the magic last week. The first bus to IAH is at 845 and the second and last one is at 930. You don't reserve a spot on the busses you just need to be out there and on board with all of your luggage! We left out of HOU and we were on the 9 am bus to there. We would have easily made a 1200 flight but there wasn't one. Hope this helps! :)

That's good to hear! We've got second seating, so we'll easily make the 9:30 coach. Should be at IAH about 11, I think. A little close for the 12:30 flight; glad we booked the 2:15pm.

Just a word of caution. The second busses left later than they were supposed to because they had to make sure everyone who paid was on! First busses left right on schedule or a little early if full! We went to topsiders for breakfast to avoid the hassle of waiting for seating times! :)

We just got off the Magic yesterday and according to the Welcome Home letter, the first bus was scheduled to leave for Hobby at 9:00 and the second at 9:45.

Corinna

The letter only gave two times for each airport. I think there were more than 4 busses out there but not sure. Most of the people we talked to on our cruise had driven in.

I am looking at options for my return flight from Hobby after our March cruise. I can have 11:35am or 5:40 pm. I have read the first bus to Hobby seems to leave the terminal at 8:45. Some people have commented there are plenty of minivan cabs available. Does anyone have an experience with the cabs to Hobby? If we did a cab or a private transfer what is the earliest time we can get off the boat and get through customs? I really don't want to sit around the Hobby airport until 5:40. Can I make the 11:35 work if I use private transfer? TIA for any advice

I am afraid that you may not make the ship. Depending on WHERE in Houston you are meeting, it may take 2 or more hours just to get to Galveston. Houston is huge, the freeways are crowded and it is not uncommon for one of them to be closed due to an accident.

Just to let everyone know that we made it in plenty of time. We left Houston at 1:00 pm and we were in Galveston by 2:00 and on the ship by 2:30 pm!

ljknecht570 said:
Just to let everyone know that we made it in plenty of time. We left Houston at 1:00 pm and we were in Galveston by 2:00 and on the ship by 2:30 pm!

That is awesome!

I have posted earlier on this but wanted to get clear advice from anyone who has recently cruised from Galveston. It has been posted the first bus for Hobby leaves at 9am, it is about an hours drive so I can safely assume I can get to Hobby around 10am, correct? If I book a private transfer what is the earliest time people have been able to get off the boat and thru customs? I want to book a return flight out of Hobby at 11:35, it would be close with the Disney transport but I am assuming I could get a private transfer and have more time. Someone with recent experience, could you please tell me what time I can reasonably be at the curb for private pick up if my family is standing at the lobby door waiting for disembarkation to start? Thanks so much for any advice.

We were on the November 10th sailing and the people who were taking off their own luggage were allowed to leave at about 7:45.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter