• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Stars Resorts "Minnie" Fridge and Coffee Pot Swap! NOW CLOSED

monkey30

Dreaming of my next vacation!
xThank You mickeymaker2003, nataliesmommy, monkey30 and neville04 for donating the fridge to this swap!
ALSO thegilchrists have donated another coffee maker! THANK YOU!!!!

ANY ONE STAYING AT A ALL STARS VALUE RESORT CAN JOIN THIS SWAP IF YOUR DAYS ARE AVAILABLE! WE WANT TO KEEP OUR FRIDGE OUT OF STORAGE!!!! The home of the fridge will be Music, as it is the central resort for storage!

BORROWED THIS FROM ANOTHER DISBOARDS FRIDGE SWAP!!!
PLEASE READ THE SWAP RULES CAREFULLY. PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE SWAP.

WHY A FRIDGE SWAP?A fridge swap is a way to save money. Once it is donated, it will be free to others who join instead of having to pay the $15/day that the Value Resorts charge for the smaller version. It is FREE to all interested swappers.

HOW DO I JOIN THE SWAP?
First-see if your dates are available. Then PM me or post in the thread if you're interested. Please have in the title “Fridge Swap” and your dates and the all stars resort you are staying at. I'll be happy to add you if your dates are available in our swap.

WHY DO YOU NEED MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER?
If your dates overlap with another swapper, you can arrange a personal handoff and keep the fridge out of storage. If you are unable to swap the fridge in person with the swapper directly before you, the fridge will be held at luggage services. If we put your full name, confirmation #, and check in date on the box when it's taken to luggage services, there is much less chance it will get lost in the shuffle. We want to make sure we have as much info. as possible to put on the fridge so that All Stars MUSIC can find the fridge and you can use it. And in turn the swap can keep going. Once the fridge is lost (and it does happen) the swap is over and everyone that has signed up after you is out of luck.

WHAT ARE MY RESPONSABILITIES AS A SWAPPER?
You are responsible for arranging times, with the swapper before you and the swapper after you, to complete the "swap". Things will run a lot smoother if we do the swap in person from DISer to DISer. The less it goes behind the desk at the All Stars Resorts the better. IF you must leave it at luggage services at the All Star Resorts you must place a note on the fridge box that contains the full name of the next swapper, check in date, and confirmation #. That way there is less chance of it getting lost by staff. The fridge box must be kept in good condition-that leads to a longer swap when it goes in and out of luggage services. Store the box somewhere where it will not be mistaken for trash by mousekeeping. MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE THE NEXT SWAPPERS NAME AND CHECK IN DATE TAPED TO THE BOX AT LUGGAGE SERVICES. TOO MANY FRIDGES GET LOST. HOPEFULLY HAVING THIS WILL KEEP OUR FRIDGE FROM GETTING LOST. You are responsible for getting back with me after I have tried to contact you. Also, please, please, please let me know if your plans change and you will no longer be able to participate in the swap. The sooner you know the better.

HOW DO I CLEAN THE FRIDGE?
Please completely de-frost the fridge and wipe it dry if you will be bringing it to luggage services. To defrost, unplug the fridge, put a towel in it and under it (don’t get the carpet wet!) and leave the door slightly open. It should defrost overnight easily. Please wipe down the inside and outside with disinfectant wipes. DO NOT FORGET THE DRIP TRAY!!!!

HOW DO I LEAVE IT AT All Star MUSIC STORAGE IF THERE IS A GAP BETWEEN ME AND THE NEXT SWAPPER?
The home resort is ALL STARS MUSIC and to be left at LUGGAGE SERVICES. You will tape a piece of paper to the fridge that says something like... "Hold for guest (name), confirmation #, and check-in date information (you'll need to bring a premade sheet of paper or paper and a marker as well as tape to label the fridge with). You then take it to luggage services at All Stars MUSIC (or the agreed upon AllStars resort if the next swapper is arriving later on the same day). Either way, Very important!- make sure to get a claim ticket, or receipt for the fridge. If they don't give you one ASK FOR ONE. Keep this number in case there are issues with finding the fridge. The next swapper in line will have your phone number and they can call or text you for the claim number if the fridge goes missing.

ANYTHING ELSE?
All swappers rely on the honesty of the other swappers when doing this. Please let us know as soon as possible should your plans change and you are unable to participate. Remember… this is to help YOU and others save money while at Disney. Make sure you are courteous and respectful of other swappers by keeping things running smoothly and keeping the fridge clean for the next swapper!

Please PM me ASAP and notify me that the fridge is in good condition, and the wipes and coffee filters ect. are good! We ask that if they are low let the next swapper know so they can bring some with them to leave with the fridge.

This is a reminder for all up coming swappers:

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FRIDGE IN YOUR ROOM. EITHER PERSONALLY SWAP IT TO THE NEXT DIS'er or RETURN IT TO THE LUGGAGE STORAGE BELL DESK IN PERSON AND CLEARLY STATE THAT YOU ARE LEAVING THE FRIDGE FOR ANOTHER GUEST WHO IS CHECKING IN ON (the date their checking in) DATE.

Please Print off the picture of the fridge so you have it with you!

photo.jpg
DSC03551-1.jpg
DSC03549.jpg

IF YOU DON'T WANT THE RESPONSIBILTY, PLEASE DON'T JOIN OUR SWAP.

*****IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU ARE IN CONTACT WITH YOUR IMMEDIATE SWAPPERS IN GOOD TIME BEFORE THE SWAPPER BEFORE YOU LEAVES FOR THEIR TRIP. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON THE LIST AND THE DATES YOUR IMMEDIATE SWAPPERS LEAVE TO MAKE SURE DETAILS HAVE BEEN EXCHANGED BEFORE THEY GO*****

Jan1-8 open
Jan8-16 Arky info complete

Jan 23-29 smiles_rock info complete
Jan 29-feb4 monkey30 info complete
Feb5-10 Mom2Kaylee info complete
Feb 11-19 marriedawop info complete
feb 19-23 redrosesix info complete

Feb 28-March 1 Mom2Kaylee info complete
March 3-16 tiggergalttfn info complete

March 16-25 OPEN
March 25-31 ADreamer4lyfe info complete
April1-May 6 OPEN
May6-12 sbmock info complete
May 16-20 maefly info complete
May 15-21 OPEN

May 22-June 5 KKmack info complete
June7-11 SallyNeko21 info complete
June 11-Aug 7 OPEN
Aug 7-13 goofgal31 info complete
Aug 21-29 OPen
Aug31-Sept9 brockash info complete
Sept9-Sept26 OPEN
Sept26-Oct 4 mom2faith info complete
Oct4-OCT 6 OPEN
Oct6-14 abbadabbadoo
Oct 14-20 OPEN
Oct 20-27 NYtoFLA
Oct27-Nov3 OPEN
Nov3-17 mncollyer info complete
Dec2-19 mkymouse40 need res#

Fridge inventory is currently at:

1 Power Bar
1 coffee maker
filters
wipes

Please let me know if you add anything to the fridge on your trip.

If you would like to reserve dates for the next year (ie 2012) and have not booked your trip I will add you to the list but please understand that you could be bumped for that time! Its just to make it fair for everyone that has booked trips! I will send you a pm letting you know and give you the chance keep your date!! !)

Is it silly to go ahead & put me down for May 12-18 2012?

NOT Silly at all!!!:banana: Just pre planning, I just hope we get lots of people between now and then so its still there!

Could you please send me your info (conf. #, name, email and cell number) so I can add you to my list!
Thanks

We are staying at the All Star Sports November13-19 (possible 20th) and would love to participate in the swap if it is available!

Thanks in advance
Sherri

We are staying at the All Star Sports November13-19 (possible 20th) and would love to participate in the swap if it is available!

Thanks in advance
Sherri

I will put you on the list! Please Pm me your conf #, cell, email please!

I would pm you but I do not have enough posts
(I an new subscriber (today!))........We definitely want it! Let me get a couple more posts and I will pm you!

Thanks A BUNCH!
Sherri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter