• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Sports...yay?

Does anyone know if there are going to be cheerleaders or sports teams in mid-November (12-21)?

Nothing major.:)

There is always a chance of small youth groups(Choir,Band,etc.),but they are hardly noticeable.

You'll be there in plenty of time to avoid Pop Warner(early December).

Enjoy!:)

Just don't go when the Cheerleaders are there-the Football Field could be dangerous for toddlers!lol:)

16693918794_11810ab402_z.jpg

Holly Guacamole!!! How do I know if they will be there during my trip?!?

Check this website for your dates.

https://www.espnwwos.com/events/

If you find an event, google that event and see what the resort options are for the groups attending that event.

I am pretty sure that picture above is from the Cheerleading and Dance Worlds Championship April 24-27 this year. Or from the Summit All Star Championship May 1-3 this year.

After reading this board it's making me feel more comfortable with my decision to switch resorts. We had a reservation at Pop with FD but we decided to go down a day early and wanted to continue to get FD we decided to move to ASSp. We haven't stayed there, but we love Pop Century. Does anyone know if there are going to be cheerleaders or sports teams in mid-November (12-21)? I checked the WWoS website and it doesn't have any events scheduled. Does that mean we are in the clear?

You should be fairly safe. Cheers starts with the POP Warner early Dec and then not again until Jan-May. There are some sports that compete right after xmas, soccer is one. While there may be a random band that is performing at Disney I think mid November will be fairly quiet from the sports teams etc.

"Cheer/Dance/Twirl Season" is from mid-January all the way until the first week in May-there are a few weeks in that time frame without an event,but it is pretty much non-stop until after The Summit with some events being much larger than others.:)

Then,the 15s come in June and July with Pop Warner arriving in early December.:)

I've stayed in sports, pop and AoA , and I love all three, the rooms are virtually identical in all 3 bar themes. Stayed in sports in January and going back in sept/oct this year and have to agree that sports seems more relaxed than pop

We stayed at the Assp last year my kids loved it. We would definitely stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter