All Star Sports...yay?

Rhetts1stWDW

Mouseketeer
So although we initially booked CBR yesterday for the free dining promo, after a few tense phone calls with the hubs we decided now that the toddler is 3 that hotel would be too much $$ for us. Husband pointed out more than once that we just got back from POR a week ago and this will be our 2nd trip this year.

Our compromise is All Star Sports, I am not super thrilled (out of my mind happy to be taking a longer Disney trip, but not thrilled about the hotel.) We have stayed at POP twice before and liked it a lot. POR really showed us what we are missing with the moderates though.

So we will be there for a week mid-Nov, arriving 11/8. It will be our family of four, our two sons will be 3 and 1 & 1/2. Can everyone post their All Star Sports love here? I really want to get excited about the hotel.

Subscribing to hear what other posters say about All Star Sports. We were booked at Pop, where we always stay. Sports was the only free dining hotel available in our price range this trip, so we're going to give it a try. I know there are people who love this resort, and can't wait to hear their experiences!

I am a POP fan, not a AllStar fan but last May we made a last minute trip to ride the Mine Train right when it opened. Hotel availability was limited so I chose AllStar Sports.

It had been years and I was going in with "it's only a bed" mantra. No plans to utilize anything other than our bed/bath. I got my request of Homerun and quiet. I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms felt so fresh, as if they were newly done. Our room was in a quiet spot but not too far a walk from the main hub. We ate at the brand new food court a few times even though that was not the original plan, excellent CMs - friendly and helpful - and our food was very good. No issues with the buses, we were there only weekdays and we did not share with the other resorts. We absolutely would go back to Sports as long as it's not "team season."

We actually prefer Sports to Pop. It's smaller, less people, just seems a little more relaxed than Pop. Yes, when there aren't huge crowds of teenagers there--but that goes for any resort! If we were doing a value, this would definitely be our choice--of course I have a DS12 and DS14 who are all about anything to do with sports!

Only thing to think about is with Free Dining, you'll now only be getting the QS plan, no TS meals included. You can upgrade to the regular plan, but then that eats into whatever savings you have over a moderate. If you stay with a QS plan, will you end up paying for some meals out of pocket? With little ones, are you doing any character meals? You just might want to run some numbers and see what the true difference is going to be.

We stayed at Sports last sept with our 5 kids, and were in the back on the top floor and it was very quiet and nice. My only complaint was that the stairs to our room were in one of the cones and the light was broken the entire time we were there. I complained multiple times and they didn't fix it. It was dangerous in the dark, especially when it was raining.

Sports is one of my favorites, if not favorite Value resort. Great customer service when we've stayed there. The rooms were in good shape, the food court had a redo a couple years back, and the bus system worked great. Enjoy!

We love it there, with three kids under 7. Although now that they're all at least age 3, it may not make sense anymore :(

But we enjoy the in-your-face theming, the pools, and especially the nice layout of the buildings. We always feel close to the main building. And when the buses are sharing with Music and Movies, Sports is the first stop. They only share sometimes though.

I had to book Sports also to get the FD. Never stayed there usually POP or Movies so I'm glad to read the good reviews.

I can't say anything bad about Sports. Sure, it's not a deluxe, but I liked it as much as I liked CBR or CSR. I loved the football field for my toddler to run around on.

We stayed in May of 2014 and loved it.
Just me and my DS but it was just fine! We also have stayed at the other level resorts but I have to say that All Star Sports was a good fit. My son loved the atmosphere, the rooms did indeed feel fresh and Disneyfied! Coming back from the park the magic continued on. I think you will enjoy this resort and hey- every new experience is something great to put in your Disney Arsenal of Info. Try it, you'll like it!

Another thumbs up for ASSp. We stayed in the preferred section last year, (Surfs up) and really liked it. We are staying again in October. We really are not sports fans but its a nice, small resort and the first stop for the buses to the parks. :)

We actually prefer Sports to Pop. It's smaller, less people, just seems a little more relaxed than Pop. Yes, when there aren't huge crowds of teenagers there--but that goes for any resort! If we were doing a value, this would definitely be our choice--of course I have a DS12 and DS14 who are all about anything to do with sports!

Only thing to think about is with Free Dining, you'll now only be getting the QS plan, no TS meals included. You can upgrade to the regular plan, but then that eats into whatever savings you have over a moderate. If you stay with a QS plan, will you end up paying for some meals out of pocket? With little ones, are you doing any character meals? You just might want to run some numbers and see what the true difference is going to be.

We actually only purchase the Quick Service meal plan (when we use a dining plan at all.) Our toddler isn't a huge fan on sit down and wait kind of meals. We find ourselves eating to much that way anyway. For us quick service works, we just pay out of pocket for 1 or 2 table service meals we enjoy.

I loved the football field for my toddler to run around on.

Just don't go when the Cheerleaders are there-the Football Field could be dangerous for toddlers!lol:)

16693918794_11810ab402_z.jpg

DH and I stayed at ASSp for the first time last year - it was our first time at a value resort after all moderate/deluxe stays, and I was pretty nervous that it wouldn't be a good fit. I absolutely LOVED it! I'm not even a huge sports fan, and I had zero complaints - in fact, I think it has a leg up in some aspects (like frequent busses) than higher tier hotels. Enjoy your trip!

We stayed at Sports last year. We loved it. I wouldn't hesitate to book another trip there. A few years back we stayed one night at Pop. Never again. It was a madhouse!

I say go for it as well!

We were booked at CBR for this May until a scheduling snafu happened and AS Sports was the only availability with our FL Res discount. I was bummed but my DS5 and DS8 were excited to try it out! I've only heard good things so far. I stayed there years ago and found it very likeable. I say, if I have to stay at a Disney Value versus not going at all - I'll stay at the Value! I sure do love my Moderate resorts, but the Values also have their own charm!

I'm getting excited now to go!!!

After reading this board it's making me feel more comfortable with my decision to switch resorts. We had a reservation at Pop with FD but we decided to go down a day early and wanted to continue to get FD we decided to move to ASSp. We haven't stayed there, but we love Pop Century. Does anyone know if there are going to be cheerleaders or sports teams in mid-November (12-21)? I checked the WWoS website and it doesn't have any events scheduled. Does that mean we are in the clear?

After reading this board it's making me feel more comfortable with my decision to switch resorts. We had a reservation at Pop with FD but we decided to go down a day early and wanted to continue to get FD we decided to move to ASSp. We haven't stayed there, but we love Pop Century. Does anyone know if there are going to be cheerleaders or sports teams in mid-November (12-21)? I checked the WWoS website and it doesn't have any events scheduled. Does that mean we are in the clear?

Looks like you're good to go with no sports teams!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter