• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

We just came back from two weeks at Music. We had a wonderful time. We got our connecting rooms and they accomodated us by giving us ground floor for our daughter who broke her foot a week before we left. I didn't request ground floor....I requested handicap bars in the shower and a shower chair. Bars are already in the shower and they delivered a shower chair before we had finished unloading the car. We were in building 8 Broadway. It was closer to the smaller pool and not much further was the larger pool and food court.

The refrigerators in the rooms do not keep things cold. According to mousekeeping they are really called coolers. You cannot adjust the temperature in them. I would not store milk or milk products in them. Since we had two rooms we had two coolers and one was colder than the other, but not much.

We really weren't in the room much since were were gone by 8 and returned earliest at 10. I know every night at 9 pm they have a movie by the pool outside the food court. The one time the kids went swimming they were showing Lemonade Mouth.

Oh and there is free wifi. It is called limited connection and after about 8 minutes we lost connection. We just reconnected and started over again. It was a pain, but so bad that I wouldn't stay there. We really didn't use the computer that much anyway, just to look up some places on google map.

We had a great time and I would definately stay there again.

I really wanted to stay at POR, but it was almost $1400 more for 2 rooms for two weeks. We did visit and ate dinner at Boatwrights and POR is absolutely beautiful! I would love to stay there, but it will have to wait until it's just the two of us. I can't justify spending that much more when we are rarely in the room. So it will be value's for us as long as we need two rooms and Music was perfect!

Well, that's a bummer.:( When I stayed at POR in 2008 there was a small fridge that did keep things cold (no freezer area though). I was really hoping that the new fridges would be like that.

I was going to place a Garden Grocer order and get milk and cereal for a quick breakfast, but I guess I'll rethink that.

The refrigerators in the rooms do not keep things cold. According to mousekeeping they are really called coolers. You cannot adjust the temperature in them. I would not store milk or milk products in them. Since we had two rooms we had two coolers and one was colder than the other, but not much.

We found ours to be cold enough. We kept both a quart of milk and one of cream in it, as well as cottage cheese, and a tub of cream cheese. Also kept it stocked with water, gatorade, Dr Pepper and beer.
It took a while to cool down, and we were a bit worried when we put stuff in, but it was fine by the next morning. ::yes::

Oh and there is free wifi. It is called limited connection and after about 8 minutes we lost connection. We just reconnected and started over again. It was a pain, but so bad that I wouldn't stay there. We really didn't use the computer that much anyway, just to look up some places on google map.

We had ours drop the first connection a few times, but I was able to stay connected for around 2 hours (my average time on-line) most of the time without problems. Even did a bit of gaming. Might be a difference when you connect - I had most of my drops right around 9-10 pm, but they were rare after midnight, or before 9 am.

Well, that's a bummer.:( When I stayed at POR in 2008 there was a small fridge that did keep things cold (no freezer area though). I was really hoping that the new fridges would be like that.

I was going to place a Garden Grocer order and get milk and cereal for a quick breakfast, but I guess I'll rethink that.

Those fridge's work differently than a full size one. With nothing to very little in it, the items don't really seem that cold. But if you fill it up & leave it for a day & half without getting in it every few hours then the items on the bottom shelf can start to freeze. I do a Garden Grocer order every time & get a case of bottled water, milk, orange juice, lunch meat, cheese, fruit & veggies. Load that fridge up in the evening. The next day (evening) it's nice and cold. The more that's in it the better it works. :thumbsup2

Those fridge's work differently than a full size one. With nothing to very little in it, the items don't really seem that cold. But if you fill it up & leave it for a day & half without getting in it every few hours then the items on the bottom shelf can start to freeze. I do a Garden Grocer order every time & get a case of bottled water, milk, orange juice, lunch meat, cheese, fruit & veggies. Load that fridge up in the evening. The next day (evening) it's nice and cold. The more that's in it the better it works. :thumbsup2

I second this because my husband has one of these little cooler fridgeshe uses daily and he has never had issues with milk or anything else in there and says it gets super cold in it. He has had stuff freeze up as well if it is in the back. I would have no problem putting milk in there with other stuff and if your worried put it toward the back.

If your really anxious about stuff spoiling you could always bring sandwich or snack baggies and fill them with ice from the ice machine to put around the bottom of the milk in the fridge just for a little peace of mind.

I saw some DIScussion about air mattresses in the All-Star Music. I have three friends who intend to stay in one room (my wife and I in another room). What is the largest air mattress that is likely to fit either between the hallway wall and the bed, or between the foot of the bed and the wall where the table and chairs are? How many inches are there between the bed and hallway wall?

I saw some DIScussion about air mattresses in the All-Star Music. I have three friends who intend to stay in one room (my wife and I in another room). What is the largest air mattress that is likely to fit either between the hallway wall and the bed, or between the foot of the bed and the wall where the table and chairs are? How many inches are there between the bed and hallway wall?

A twin will fit for sure...probably a double but nothing bigger than that.

We did it on our last trip at POP, I assume the room sizes are the same at Music. We had a twin set up where the table and chairs are, it left about a 2 foot walkway between the bottom of the bed and the mattress. We just moved the table and chairs. We also stood the mattress up against the wall during the day so it was not in the way. Hope that helps.

We did it on our last trip at POP, I assume the room sizes are the same at Music. We had a twin set up where the table and chairs are, it left about a 2 foot walkway between the bottom of the bed and the mattress. We just moved the table and chairs. We also stood the mattress up against the wall during the day so it was not in the way. Hope that helps.

No....moderate level resorts have slightly larger rooms.

For anyone who was just there:

Were they offering any bounce backs/ If so, what dates were included?

thanks

For anyone who was just there:

Were they offering any bounce backs/ If so, what dates were included?

thanks

There weren't any bounce backs in our room last week, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any now.

I leave in 2 weeks to go to AoA, but am hoping there will be a bounceback offer in the room so I can book ASMu for next year. This is the only value resort I have not stayed in and I would really love to try it. It does look nicely themed:)

I leave in 2 weeks to go to AoA, but am hoping there will be a bounceback offer in the room so I can book ASMu for next year. This is the only value resort I have not stayed in and I would really love to try it. It does look nicely themed:)

We have done AsMu three times and LOOOVE it!! If you book Jazz non-preferred room it is still very close to main pool, bus and main building and has that great divider curtain between bedroom and bathroom area- we love that for a bit more privacy getting dressed with older kids and some nights I spread out a couple towels and sit on the floor behind the curtain to read after kids go to bed...

Was wondering if anyone knows if the bed can be pushed up against the wall? Or has anyone done this to keep a child from falling out of bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter