All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

Just because I'm curious, not trying to crash this thread, but when do we get to start a new ASMusic FAQ thread? Just asking because we have a lot of pages and for those who want the info fast, it's a lot to sort through. Plus, this thread was started in 2007...:surfweb:

Are you volunteering to gather all the relevant and current information together to put in to the first post of a much needed new thread? ;) lol

Are you volunteering to gather all the relevant and current information together to put in to the first post of a much needed new thread? ;) lol

I would love to, but I won't be able to get all the pictures until the end of the summer. If no one else decides on it before then, I'd be happy to do it!

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but is there a way to find out the schedule of poolside activities in June? We're going to be there June 9-16th (Next month!!! So excited!) and we picked ASMu for this very reason! What a great perk!

Thanks

I would love to, but I won't be able to get all the pictures until the end of the summer. If no one else decides on it before then, I'd be happy to do it!

Haha - I was only kidding! I'd hate a task like that :laughing:

Pictures? Anything I can help with? I'll be there soon.

LoL...I forgot all about the Family Suites....I haven't stayed in one of those...maybe I shouldn't take this on. :eek:

Pictures - I was just thinking of the different sections, food court, gift shop, rose garden, front of the building, bus stops, empty rooms, and whatever else :)

there's also a separate mega-thread just for the ASMU family suites.

Ooh, do you have a link to this? :) There's so much on this site it makes things hard to find!

LoL...I forgot all about the Family Suites....I haven't stayed in one of those...maybe I shouldn't take this on. :eek:

Pictures - I was just thinking of the different sections, food court, gift shop, rose garden, front of the building, bus stops, empty rooms, and whatever else :)

Well I'll give it a shot if you like, though it's our first Disney trip so I'll either remember and get hyper, taking photos of everything, or forget and take photos of everything except what you need!

Well I'll give it a shot if you like, though it's our first Disney trip so I'll either remember and get hyper, taking photos of everything, or forget and take photos of everything except what you need!

Don't worry about the pictures. I want you to enjoy your first Disney trip and not worry about taking pictures of certain things. Go have fun!!:cutie:

I have a few ASMU pix, maybe I should post them here. Of course my kids are also in them, lol.

I'm sure this has been asked already but I can't find it in the sea of ASMU questions lol so here it is ... How much time do we need to get from the resort to the airport when its time to go back home.We are taking the Magical Express and our flight departs at 12:45pm. I'm thinking we should catch ME at 9:30 but is that to late?

I'm sure this has been asked already but I can't find it in the sea of ASMU questions lol so here it is ... How much time do we need to get from the resort to the airport when its time to go back home.We are taking the Magical Express and our flight departs at 12:45pm. I'm thinking we should catch ME at 9:30 but is that to late?

You will be given a time by DME that they will pick you up. You are about right though....they usually pick you up 3 hours prior to flight time and then you need to be at the DME stop 15 minutes before that scheduled time.

We'll be arriving at ASMu in 3 weeks...YAHOO!

Give me the low down on the buses! It's going to be H-O-T and crowded while we are there. We have a rental car reserved, but part of me just doesn't feel like messing with a car. Am I nuts?

We'll be arriving at ASMu in 3 weeks...YAHOO!

Give me the low down on the buses! It's going to be H-O-T and crowded while we are there. We have a rental car reserved, but part of me just doesn't feel like messing with a car. Am I nuts?

The buses are great...if you are using them at peak times they most likely will not be shared. Other off peak times you might share one but in my experience it's not often.

As far as renting a car it is my preferrence when staying at the All Stars. We find that the bus rides are a touch long...not to say that the driving distance is any shorter but it is really nice to save the time spent waiting for a bus. The exception to that is going to MK....always use the bus to go there.

Renting a car or not really is a personal choice and I think if you have never been there or have never rented a car you should try it to be able to compare. We have done both, rented and not rented, many times and in our case we find that a couple of factors make the decision for us. 1...the resort we are at 2...what our vacay plans are. Sometimes we do an R&R trip and mainly stay at the resort other times we are mainly in the parks. We have come to the conclusion that when staying at the All Stars we prefer to have a car...even if for only part of the trip. This year we are staying for 2 weeks at ASMu and will have a car for 7 days in the middle of the trip.

usually everything closes at 11 except the grill shop and the italian window. then at 11, the grill shop closes (with the burgers , hot dogs, etc.
leaving only the italian one (with the pizzas)open till 12. (and, yes, they have either chicken parmesan or penne pasta)

this irritates the snot out of me.. why not leave the burger/hot dog window open? esp since you know the park is open later, and the food court is going to be "HIT", big time? i understand not having the others open.

I guess their rationale is, "late at night, they'll get pizza"

everyone KNOWs Disney pizza is the worst!!! (I'm from chicago, I know pizza!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter