• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

I really hope someone can answer this for me. The search isn't working for me right now... Does ASMu provide life jackets for the kids at the pools?? Would we be able to bring our own for DD to use? I know that we can't use our own floaty things, but wasn't sure if life jackets were different.

Thanks!!

ASMU has life jackets for the kids. When we were there they were showing movies most nights in the guitar pool area. Lots of fun. :goodvibes

could anyone tell me how deep the pools are at ASMu? id really appreciate it!

The guitar pool is fairly shallow, 3 ft on one side and 5ft on the deep end. They also have an infant pool. Neither of the pools is zero depth entry.

I really hope someone can answer this for me. The search isn't working for me right now... Does ASMu provide life jackets for the kids at the pools?? Would we be able to bring our own for DD to use? I know that we can't use our own floaty things, but wasn't sure if life jackets were different.

Thanks!!

When we there in early May they did have the life jackets available. DD also used her own floaty. I am not sure if this is against the rules but we have done it on all our trips (7 and counting at various hotels (ASP (2x), ASMo, ASMu, POP, WL, & Poly)) and have never been told not to use them or to take them out of the pool.

What is the latest on the games and entertainment by the pool? Is that still going on?

The family suites are in the Calypso and Jazz buildings-the 4 closest to the food court. There are no preffered family suites so you can request anything-have them add your resquest to your reservation as the rooms are assigned before you arrive (but they won't tell you your room# until the room is ready).

Those buildings are the preferred locations anyway, so booking a family suite gives you a preferred location by default, basically.

HI!! Me again!! Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one?

Yes, they do have beer, wine, and even liquor at Maestro Mickey's gift shop. I believe the food court has been (and wine?) as well.

How many of these activities can adults partake in?
Sounds great for the kids but I'm guess I'm hoping there might be something there for me too.

hello,
we were at asmus from april 5-12th :love: and yes they had something going on everynight.they had wii bowling,scavenger hunts,dance contestand all the kids seemed to te havig a blast. the girls who do the activities seem to really enjoy them and are good with the children. as a side note, we were in the calypso building ,on the right of the pool.we were on the 3rd floor in a family suite and we we not bothered by the noise formt he pool. we were all so tired after a day at a park we'd shower and the kids would crash within 15 mins of laying down...wonderful resort and would stay there again.:woohoo:

ASMU has life jackets for the kids. When we were there they were showing movies most nights in the guitar pool area. Lots of fun. :goodvibes

When we there in early May they did have the life jackets available. DD also used her own floaty. I am not sure if this is against the rules but we have done it on all our trips (7 and counting at various hotels (ASP (2x), ASMo, ASMu, POP, WL, & Poly)) and have never been told not to use them or to take them out of the pool.

Thanks so much! :thumbsup2 Now I can save some room in our suitcases!

We will be at ASMu in September and I keep seeing Celebrity Hall on all of the maps, but can't figure out what this is. Any thoughts????

We will be at ASMu in September and I keep seeing Celebrity Hall on all of the maps, but can't figure out what this is. Any thoughts????

It's a special check-in area for large groups (think Pop Warner and the like)

Games, activities and movies were going on last week while we were there. The games and music begin at 2:00pm every day. The movie starts at 9pm each evening. Very fun! We got a schedule for the week when we checked in. It appears the activities remain the same for the entire month. Our schedule says "June Acitivites" then just lists days of the week--no dates.

Saturday: National Treasure 2
Sunday: The Game Plan
Monday: Finding Nemo
Tuesday: Mystery Movie (National Treasure)
Wednesday: Meet the Robinsons
Thursday: Ratatouille
Friday: Enchanted

I just finished reading the entire thread. Thanks for all the good info.
Even after reading all this I have a question: Where are the ASMu bus stops at the parks? Are they the last ones? The last time we stayed at CBR the bus top at EPCOT seemed to be the farthest away. I just want to be prepared.

We just returned from a long weekend at ASMu. I had never stayed at a Value resort before, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat! It was wonderful! I thought the resort was beautiful and was surprisingly quiet. As for bus stops, it varied by park. The stop at the Animal Kingdom was the first one on the right side as you're walking towards the park. The Magic Kingdom had separate stops for each resort (one for music, one for Movies and one for sports), but not every park did. I think the stop here was the second section of stops, but towards the front. It's all kind of running together now, so I could be wrong, but I'm sure it wasn't all the way down at the end. Buses arrived frequently though, and we never waited more than 15 minutes. I had such a great time I just booked the free dining plan in September. I couldn't get ASMu though, I booked Caribbean Beach, but they told me to keep checking in case something opens up.

/B]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter