All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

Are there any soda/snack vending machines, or will we need to make the trek to main building anytime we need something to drink. Also, please tell me more about the souvineer cups.

Do we need to request a fridge in advance, or at check-in?

Thanks.

Forgiven, of course!!

I was sweating it out on the Disney Visa free dining enrollment day. To make a long story short, my TA booked for me. I waited until 2:00 to hear that there was a glitch with my reservation (We are paid in full. While adding the FD code, the cm made a mistake and somehow dropped our insurance. Then they couldn't add the insurance back because we're paid in full). I waited 13 hours (!) to find out that we were still booked at AS Music for FD! I did have AS Sports as our 2nd choice, though I'm glad we got to keep the AS Music reservation. :goodvibes Now we have All Star Music with free dining. Life is good! :woohoo:

Glad it all worked out for you! pixiedust:

I have a question hopefully somebody can answer. We are going next week Friday to Monday, Do they still have the movies by the pool at night? If they do, Is there a schedule to go by and how can I find it or where. Thanks!

When this started it was a test thing they were doing. I have not heard from anyone if it is still going on.:confused3 But just ask at the front desk for a list of activities that will be going on at the resort during your stay. They should have a list or something. Let us know how you like the resort when you get back. And don't forget to take lots of pictures. :woohoo:

Are there any soda/snack vending machines, or will we need to make the trek to main building anytime we need something to drink. Also, please tell me more about the souvineer cups.

Do we need to request a fridge in advance, or at check-in?

Thanks.

I dont know for sure at ASMu, but at Pop there were vending machines by the elevators, in the center of the buildings. I would guess its the same at ASMu.

You need to request the fridge on your reservation if you want one. I guess you could ask at check in. Or better yet try to find a free fridge swap on the budget boards. Only thing is you take a risk, a small one, that the fridge would be lost and then you would have no choice but to get one from the resort.

I just saw the responses to my comment about the double beds!! :lmao:

I'm afraid that, as tall as the two of us are, it wouldn't be too romantic - just painful. We've been in that situation before, and within an hour one of us usually has ended up retreating to the safety of the second double bed with kicked shins, an elbowed back and occasionally reeling from a good thwack to the head from an errant arm!! I'll keep hoping for the King room! If we don't get lucky, look for me hobbling around looking sleepy during my visit!!

I just saw the responses to my comment about the double beds!! :lmao:

I'm afraid that, as tall as the two of us are, it wouldn't be too romantic - just painful. We've been in that situation before, and within an hour one of us usually has ended up retreating to the safety of the second double bed with kicked shins, an elbowed back and occasionally reeling from a good thwack to the head from an errant arm!! I'll keep hoping for the King room! If we don't get lucky, look for me hobbling around looking sleepy during my visit!!

If I am not misstaken, you may be able to move the beds together. I thought I had heard that you can do that there. I know they are bolted to the floor at Pop.

Sorry if this has been asked but in the family suites I've seen photos of the rooms and they show a fridge in the kitchenette. Is that included in the price of the room or do you have to pay extra?

I just booked a suite last night online and I'm so excited! It looks like a fun place to stay.

Sorry if this has been asked but in the family suites I've seen photos of the rooms and they show a fridge in the kitchenette. Is that included in the price of the room or do you have to pay extra?

I just booked a suite last night online and I'm so excited! It looks like a fun place to stay.

The fridge ,coffeepot ,and microwave are included in the price of the Family Suite.

The kitchenette has a nice size microwave, and the fridge is the larger under the counter dorm fridge. The fridge has small freezer on the top which was big enough to freeze my 3 small ice pacs for my meds. The area for the freezer is not very high. You might be able to put a couple of small water bottles in it to freeze them but a larger water bottle would not be able to fit in the freezer area.

9-24-2006-03.jpg

------------------------------------------------

Family Suite info:

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) in Sept. of 2006.

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed Internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney! :wizard:

We stayed at the suites last summer and LOVED IT :love: . Our family is going again this summer last week of July into Aug. We have also booked the suites again . The fridge is small but very useful. :thumbsup2 Have a great trip we did .

I would never stay in anything less than a family suite ever again. When we went in August last year, we started in a regular two bed room at ASMo. It was waaaaaay cramped. After the second day, I went to guest services and begged to get a family suite at ASMu...and they had one! It was a difference of around $500....but it was worth it to me! The amount of space in the room, the kitchenette(with the FREE fridge), and the mini-suite that DW and I had, it was great. We would go back to the room in the afternoon and have the boys lay down for a bit, and having that extra room where we could plan our next 'attack' was awesome!

Andre
pirate:

My family is booked at ASMu for 10 night in Sept with Fre Dining!!!!!!!!::banana: I am sooooooooo happy we were finally able to get the suite! I do have a couple of questions :

Do they have dishes/silverware in the kitchenette?

Are there privacy curtains in the FS ?

Is there a toaster?

And a couple of general resort questions:

Does ASMu share a bus in the morning w/ ASSp and ASMo?

Was the bus crowded?

Does anyone know what # ASMU bus stop is at the parks? (really just curious on this one!)

Thanks!

Do they have dishes/silverware in the kitchenette?

Are there privacy curtains in the FS ?

Is there a toaster?

And a couple of general resort questions:

Was the bus crowded?

Does anyone know what # ASMU bus stop is at the parks? (really just curious on this one!)

Thanks!

I'll try to get these right...

They have paper plates, cups and plastic ware in the room...if I remember it right.

The bedroom (adult suite as I liked to call it) has a door. Each bathroom (yes, there's two) has a privacy curtain that closes off the sink area from the rest of the suite.

I don't think there is a toaster...but there was a microwave...

I'm pretty sure all the All Stars share bus services

Depending on the time of the day...they can be crowded.

They are usually different stops at each park...they changed last year from the last time i was there in 2002...

Hope that helps some

Andre
pirate:

......And a couple of general resort questions:

Was the bus crowded?

Thanks!

The bus stop for ASMu from the parks varies sometimes near the middle of the stops sometimes near the end, but not the last.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot, MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.

In the mornings during Park opening hours each All Star usually has a dedicated bus.
During mid day it is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Movies share and Music has it's own bus back. Each of the All Stars usually has it's own dedicated bus back from the MK.
That is a big plus. It seems like the Music bus stop usually has the shortest of the three All Star bus lines.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

Thank you all for the information on the Family Suites - the kitchenette is awesome! Not only a fridge but a microwave! :woohoo:

It will be me, my daughter, my sister and her 8-year-old twins and last year we stayed at POR in one room and it got very cramped and I don't think I could do it again. We were originally going to get 2 rooms at ASMu but I saw the suites and I think they will work out perfect for us - I think we will have a blast at ASMu - :yay: Can't wait!!!

I didn't go through all these posts, but I just downloaded some info sheets from last year. One is the Recreation and Activities sheet and the other is the "paper" called the Legend.

I thought I would post them here too in case someone wanted to read them.

AllStarMusicInfo010.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo009.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo007.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo006.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo005.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo004.jpg

We do not plan on getting a fridge, but we plan on having a cooler in the car with us. Could you please tell me how close ice makers are to the room? Also, we may bring a bottle of wine with us (We're celebrating our anniversary on this trip) and rather than take up all the cooler space, is there an ice bucket in the room? How about glasses (either glass or disposable plastic will do)?

I didn't go through all these posts, but I just downloaded some info sheets from last year. One is the Recreation and Activities sheet and the other is the "paper" called the Legend.

I thought I would post them here too in case someone wanted to read them.

AllStarMusicInfo010.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo009.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo007.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo006.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo005.jpg

AllStarMusicInfo004.jpg

Thank you so much for posting all of this information. WOW! Those pool activities look like they will be so much fun! :goodvibes

Thanks for posting the Recreation and Game Activities. I hope they continue. Our next trip is in June 2009!

Thanks for posting the Recreation and Game Activities. I hope they continue. Our next trip is in June 2009!

I just wanted to let you know that I just called All Star Music Resort directly and talked to someone at the front desk. I asked her if they were still doing the Recreation and Activities every day, and she said yes. I also asked about the nighty movie, and she said they are still doing that too. She even pulled up a daily calendar on her computer to check. I asked her if she thought these would continue throughout the year, and she said yes.

So hopefully they will continue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter