• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

Hi everyone!

We stayed at the ASMu last October for 10 days and again in November for 5 days and we loved it so much we just booked another stay there in april.

I have one question, it seems that since we have been there they have added a movie screen to the pool area. Is it still there or was it just temporary? It would be so much fun to swim while watching a movie!

Thanks so much!

Shellie

Those movies and pool games are being done as a pilot program, and I think they are supposed to end in January (?). If you'd like to encourage these programs and poolside movies to continue at AS Music, please contact Disney at

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

and give some positive feedback about the programs and movies. Let them know that you'd like the movies and pool games to stay on a permanent basis.

I won't be staying at ASMu until September, and I hope that the movies and pool games will continue. :goodvibes

We were just there last week, and it was awesome. Granted, we were usually out at the parks til they closed the gates :rotfl: but one night we were "home" early enough and saw the giant screen by the pool with Toy Story playing!

I have lots of pics of ASMu on my trip report. If y'all have time, check out the link below! ;)

Have a great time at ASMu everyone! :thumbsup2

I got a postcard in the mail to do an online survey about our recent stay. Anybody else get one? I haven't had the chance to do it yet.

We just got back a few days ago. We LOVED the pool activities and movies. DJ, one of the managers was great! My daughter won a My Little Pony and a bunch of candy while playing the various games around the pool.

BTW, our room in Broadway did not have the privacy curtain.

We were at ASMu, Oct 23-30. We got a room in the Rock 'n Roll building #4. This was our first stay at a value and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms have a new feel, from the recent renovation. The room was very clean and we liked the feel and design of the carpet. It was more spacious than we had expected. (No privacy curtain).

The cleaning staff left towel animals several nights and tied a ghost into our curtains. A nice touch for Halloween. :goodvibes

The food court can get very busy, but the staff in the food court was first rate! They always greeted you with a smile and were very pleasant. The breakfast food was good. The food court management is obviously doing something right.

When returning from the parks at night, we were really glad we weren't staying at the Movies. The line for the Movies bus was always longer, except at parks where Music and Movies shared a bus. Most of the time we had our own bus both ways.

Overall a great experience. :thumbsup2

Hi guys....just wondering if anyone has some pics of the food court area, or any pics of the main building?? Thanks!

What time do they do the games and movies at the pool? Thanks

They'll give you a newsletter upon check-in detailing the activities/times of events at the ASMu resort for the week. It'll list the games for the day, movies for the day, that kind of stuff. I believe that when were there last October, the movie started at 9pm by the pool. :thumbsup2

They'll give you a newsletter upon check-in detailing the activities/times of events at the ASMu resort for the week. It'll list the games for the day, movies for the day, that kind of stuff. I believe that when were there last October, the movie started at 9pm by the pool. :thumbsup2

We were there two weeks ago (Nov. 4-10) and the movies were starting earlier.... I believe they were starting at 7pm...When we would come in from the parks around 9pm, they were taking down the screen, etc. We did see a bit of Chronicles of Narnia one evening around 8pm. There are also games going on around the pool and by the gift shop. It all looked fun, but we always missed everything because we were at the parks all day everyday.

What time do they do the games and movies at the pool? Thanks

The pool games start about 3 or 4 Pm now

Here is some other info about the pilot program.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a little info about the new pilot program at All Star Music and BC&YC:

I called All Star Music in August and asked about the pilot program and I was informed it will only last through September but if All Star Music and YC&BC (which also has a similar program ) get enough positive feedback they may expand this program to all of the resorts! Yeah. So anyone is going to All Star Music Or BC & YC (which has a similar prorgram please fill out the pilot survey which is at the front desk .Please be honest but please fill them out.

The manager I talked to sent me a list of the activities they have planned for September.
For a full list of the activities please see post # 1 of this tread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1565556

The pilot program is not just about the games and movies but it is really about better guest service.

Having more staff available at check in so guests can check in a more timely manner.
Having clean rooms ready at check in so guests do not have to wait until the late afternoon for a clean room.
Having more staff on hand so a guest can have any questions or concerns taken care of right away.

I was told they are getting the results from those surveys the next morning and actions are immediately being taken to correct problems or congratulate success.

I was told that this program is ending the end of September but if they get lots of good feedback they may extend this type of service to the other resorts as well.

I am really hoping they get lots positive response to this program.
I was told that so far there has been quite a bit of positive response from guests at All Star Music but the BC & YC has not been getting many responses.

My guess is not very many guests know this is a pilot program so they do not respond.

I was told that there is hope that with enough interest that they may be able to keep a lot of the great things happening at AS Music and YC & BC and be able to expand to other properties. I was also told that this pilot is all about trying to improve intent to return.

The manager I spoke with me that the best thing that guests can do is when they check out of the resort, they should take the survey and give feedback (honest feedback about anything good or bad they experienced).

If you think you would like this pilot program to continue....
If you think you would like this pilot program to other resorts....
If you have been unhappy wit long lines at check in or
having to wait until the late afternoon to get your room assignment at any of Disney's resorts .
If you feel there should be more staff at all of Disney's so they can help guests with any questions or concerns then this is our chance to let the WDW execs know!

Now I will be first to admit that the "suits" at WDW should already know these things are a part of good customer service...
But we need to let WDW know that we appreciate these basic customer services. We do not want to give the WDW execs the excuse to drop the ball by saying "Based on our polling, the guests don't value these services.
We can continue our cost cutting measures ."

If you would like contact Disney about these services and this pilot program the addresses are:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Let's let Disney know we like this new program and we want it to continue and expand to the other resorts as well!

Thanks ........And......
Have fun at Disney.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
* NOTE

The management did decide to extend the pilot program at BC & YC and All Star Music until the end of January but they did cut back the amount of activities that were offered at these resorts.

I am hoping that this program is extened and expanded to other resorts . I have read many good reports on the DIS boards from guests staying at BC & YC and All Star Music. Guests have reported the lines at check in are quite short, rooms are often ready at check in , they like the phone calls from the management welcoming them and saying if there are any problems to let them know along with the afternoon activities and the Movies at night by the pool/beach.

I am terribly late, but I promised I would come back to share my pics from staying there back in September. . . .so here it is!

The lobby
DSCF7399.jpg

Our room. We were in the Country Fair Section.
DSCF7411.jpg

The beds
DSCF7402.jpg

The sink area
DSCF7406.jpg

That annoying Stacey!!
DSCF7416.jpg

Some of the grounds
DSCF7428.jpg

We were really happy with the ASMusic overall. The Country Fair section is definitely a walk from the main building, but it didn't bother us much, because we used our rental car all week to get to the parks. We never found either pool to be terribly busy, and we had great service the two times we ate at the food court! My Dad joined us halfway through our stay and was given a room just two doors down from us, which worked out perfectly.

All around, I was very happy with our stay!:woohoo:

Thanks for posting your pictures! How far is the walk (5 minutes? 10 or more minutes?) from Country Fair to the food court/buses?

Your photos were great!

Thanks for posting your pictures! How far is the walk (5 minutes? 10 or more minutes?) from Country Fair to the food court/buses?

Your photos were great!
Thanks!

I would say the walk took us about 8-10 minutes or so, depending on our pace. It certainly wasn't terrible, it just wasn't right there, if you know what I mean.

Hi!
Hubby and I are staying at ASMu beginning 01/06 and I have a question about the food court. I've been looking at the menus and wondered if they are complete. I'm hoping for a few more light/vegetarian options than I see on DIS and allears. Is there anything?

Jennifer

We loooooved our stay!!!!!! We were in the Broadway building....

Broadway at night
100_0975.jpg

The pool at night
100_0950.jpg

Beautiful fountain courtyard area
100_1028.jpg

Outside of Broadway at night
100_0984.jpg

Another Broadway view
100_1007.jpg

Same View at night
100_0987.jpg

Jazz Inn sign at night
100_0963.jpg

Loved this sign
100_1004.jpg

This is from the food court. I ordered this most mornings :)
100_1248.jpg

But once I got this. Very tasty!
100_0998.jpg

The following are of our room:
100_0359.jpg

100_0357.jpg

100_0356.jpg

100_0355.jpg

100_0354.jpg

100_0353.jpg

100_0350.jpg

Jazz building exterior
100_1026.jpg

Calypso building exterior
100_1018.jpg

I loved seeing this for the first time :)
100_1024.jpg

Hi!
Hubby and I are staying at ASMu beginning 01/06 and I have a question about the food court. I've been looking at the menus and wondered if they are complete. I'm hoping for a few more light/vegetarian options than I see on DIS and allears. Is there anything?

Jennifer

Unfortunately their menu is rather limitted. I've noticed Pop has far more options. I'm in love with Music so althought the Pop menu tempts me, I'll probably stay put.

Kimberly815, thanks for the pictures. We too stayed in Broadway, both times, and loved it. I am in the process of planning a trip for mid Jan. and can’t get a room in ASMu. We did get a decent rate for POR, but I just LOVE ASMu, so I’m feeling a little sad. :worried:

We just stayed at the All Star Music for 9 days in November (nov. 5th to 14th).

It was just DD and me on this trip (DH and DS couldn't come with us).

We haven't stayed in a value resort since 1995, with recent years mostly in deluxe concierge accomodations.
However, we were very very pleasantly surprised by the ASMu.
You definitely feel the disney experience, just like any of the onsite resorts (and for a lot less money!).

We were in Jazz, which is right beyond Calypso and very close to the main building.

When we arrived there was a manager running the check in line to make sure everyone was handled quickly and efficiently. During our stay i noticed that a manager was running the line at many times throughout the day.

The CMs at reception and the concierge desk were very friendly and helpful, just like you expect from Disney.

We actually didn't spend much time in the room this trip - we were at the parks just after opening and then didn't return to the room until late at night (since it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cold to swim - although there were always at least a few Brits in the pool)...

the refurbished rooms are very nice. I especially love that curved curtain rod in the bathtub - what a brilliant design.

We didn't eat in the food court at all. For breakfast, we had cereal, milk and OJ in the room. I ran to the food court every morning to buy breakfast for DD (since she wasn't willing to get up early enough to be ready to leave, plus go to the food court to eat breakfast).

We did buy the refillable mugs, but barely used them. We probably just broke even on the cost. But they make cute souvenirs. However, i prefer the taste of bottled diet coke, so i probably should have skipped buying one.

The only downside to the ASMu in my opinion is the bus service. Since it shares with the ASSport it's not very convenient. We only used the service once - to go to the magic kingdom. We had to wait so long for a bus in both directions and had to stand, i decided we would just stick with the rental car.
So if you have to depend on the bus service, it might be a problem.

however, other than the bus service, the All Star Music is a great choice.

Well I'm back from Disney . It was ok there was alot going on with the Cheerleaders comps and kid footlball games and stuff. When we arrived my five yr daughter and I our room was way in the back corner where it's dark and deserted . So I complained and I got the preferred room by the pool that I asked for in the first place. The food court was ok but we really enijoyed that polit program by the pool the movies anf games were fun . Im glad it was going on during our visit. I wouldn't stay at All Star music again. Because it was loud late at night and some of the front desk people were rude when I asked a question. But beyond that is was ok. The bus service wasn't too bad either we didn'y have to wait too long for the bus. I also woudn't for after Thankgiving again the parks were way too crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter