Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I guess I could had went through every page of this thread to find my answer but... I dont have time!?

My husband and I are together, first time together, his first time to WDW and we are staying at the ASMovies, my question is.. without it being considered a "perference" and you having to pay more.. how do you tell them you want a good room? Do I wait till I check in and ask "can I have one closer to the bus stop? Or ask to have a room in so and so building? I just don't want one WAYYYYYYYYYYYY away in never never land. We are going at the end of January so I don't think it'll be a problem... if she hands me my keys and says we're in Mightly Ducks can I ask "can I have something else?" and will they put us in a King size bed room or do I need to tell them at check in?

Thanks for listening! Love the dis board.
Jaime :earsgirl:

We will be ages 7 to 50 and I was wondering if ASMo is a resort that everyone will enjoy or should I look at a modorate :confused3 Everyone likes the price of a value but I don't know if we will be movied out after a week :crazy:

Thanks for the info :banana: :wave2: :banana: :wave2:

All Star Movies is my familiy's prefered resort. We have stayed at the Beach Club (loved it, BTW) and I have stayed at the CR. We have also toured all of the deluxes and most of the moderates. ASMo is more "fun" and "alive". If you are looking more for a quite, country club type resort, go somewhere else. But if you are the more active type , the values are great.

jlbower79, put in a room request with "Closest to Cinema Hall" as your top priority. You will not end up in Mighty Ducks. The preferences I use are:

1) Courtyard side
2) 3rd floor
3) Prefer Bldgs 0 (Buzz) and 1 (Pongo) then 9 (Woody) and 4 (Perdita)
4) near the elevator

Hope this helps. BTW They have honored all my preferences except Bldg number, because groups always go to Herbie (Bldgs 6 & 7) first.

New Info about ASMo. I have added it to the initial post.

High Speed Internet is now available in the rooms: You will need a cable LAN port available on your computer. No wire less is available at this point, and I don’t know if it is planned. The cost is around $10 per 24 hour period that you use it.

ChairborneRangr said:
New Info about ASMo. I have added it to the initial post.

High Speed Internet is now available in the rooms: You will need a cable LAN port available on your computer. No wire less is available at this point, and I don’t know if it is planned. The cost is around $10 per 24 hour period that you use it.
YOu can also have this charged to your room. The jacks are going to be near the phone so it is advisable to bring an extra RJ45 coupler and patch cable if you want to use it at the table

Taqwus said:
YOu can also have this charged to your room. The jacks are going to be near the phone so it is advisable to bring an extra RJ45 coupler and patch cable if you want to use it at the table

Thanks! Now edited to read:

High Speed Internet is now available in the rooms: You will need a cable LAN port available on your computer. No wireless is available at this point, and I don’t know if it is planned. The cost is $9.95 per 24 hour period that you use it, which can be charged to the room. The LAN cable is near the phone on the nightstand. If you want to use your computer on the table, you will have to either move the table or bring an RJ45 barrel- connector and another LAN cable to extend it. I suggest a 20ft cable if you plan on extending it.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get a room in the Buzz building.

jlbower79 said:
I guess I could had went through every page of this thread to find my answer but... I dont have time!?

My husband and I are together, first time together, his first time to WDW and we are staying at the ASMovies, my question is.. without it being considered a "perference" and you having to pay more.. how do you tell them you want a good room? Do I wait till I check in and ask "can I have one closer to the bus stop? Or ask to have a room in so and so building? I just don't want one WAYYYYYYYYYYYY away in never never land. We are going at the end of January so I don't think it'll be a problem... if she hands me my keys and says we're in Mightly Ducks can I ask "can I have something else?" and will they put us in a King size bed room or do I need to tell them at check in?

Thanks for listening! Love the dis board.
Jaime :earsgirl:

The CRO put Toy Story or Dalmations bldgs on the ressie request when I made the ressie. I also requested non smoking and 3rd floor. When we arrived, the CM said she had a first floor Mighty Ducks room for us. I asked her very politely if there might be a 3rd floor non smoking dalmations room available. She made a phone call and gave me exactly what I asked for and the room was ready for us.

digskat said:
Just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get a room in the Buzz building.

Call the reservation people and have your request added to the reservation.

I would request

1) Bldg 10 or 9
2) Coutyard
3) near the elevator

I like the view into Andy's Room (the middle of the courtyard) the best.

Thanks should I do this immediately when I book or a few weeks before we leave? Thanks Kathy

Here is the link to the on-line version of the WDW Vacation Planning Video: click here. Once you’re on that webpage, click on the RESORTS button. The webpage will rearrange itself and some new buttons regarding the Resorts will appear. Put your mouse over the Disney Value Resorts Overview entry and select “Disney All-Star Resorts.” A video window will open and the All-Star Resorts video will begin to play.

It’s a nice way to experience a little bit of Disney magic without leaving the comfort of your home. ;)

digskat said:

We just returned last night from ASMo and had requested the Buzz building but instead got the Woody building. While walking to the elevator you could see Buzz but just Woodys back. Buzz stands while Woody sits across from one another.

Maybe I should request toy story section. Last Year we requested Buzz but got 101 dalmations, my son was sorta bummed..and had a wee tantrum..I told him "Honey you can't alwas have things your way";To which the CM stated "but Maam this is Disney!" She was willing to switch us when one became avail but we said we'd just stay in the Dalmation building..It was great but given it's his birthday this trip I kinda want to try a little harder. Thanks for the advice!
Kathy

I have a question about the beds at ASMo...

Are they movable?

I am interested in knowing if an air mattress can fit in between the 2 double beds. If so, what size twin? full?

BEFORE THE FLAMES BEGIN.....
NO, I am not trying to put more in the room than Disney allows. We are a group of 11 and have 3 rooms reserved. We are watching the other couple's kids so they can have "date night" and in return, they will do the same for us another night.
Well.... it would be much easier to put all the kids in the same room until the parents come "home". They could all watch tv, play together, etc. The air mattress is for them to fall asleep on if it gets too late. Then the parents could lug the kiddos back to their own room when they get back.

And if the beds do not move, can I at least fit a twin mattress between the beds?

Thanks!

Jennifer.

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has anymore pics of ASM that they would like to share? I know there are some on allears, but I was kind of hoping to see a little more of the MD section or any other parts of the resort :goodvibes Thanks, I'm so excited to be staying here! Thanks in advance. :smickey:

Deadhedjen: to the best of my recollection, the beds are framed in and not movable. I can't say I've paid attention much to the space between the beds, but it doesn't seem quite wide enough for a standard size twin mat. But if it rolls up a bit on the sides, probably just as good. Keep in mind there's not alot of space around the other side of the bed that is next to the wall--make sure whoever is in that bed gets in and out from the end during the night :lmao:

deadhedjen said:
I have a question about the beds at ASMo...

Are they movable?

I am interested in knowing if an air mattress can fit in between the 2 double beds. If so, what size twin? full?

BEFORE THE FLAMES BEGIN.....
NO, I am not trying to put more in the room than Disney allows. We are a group of 11 and have 3 rooms reserved. We are watching the other couple's kids so they can have "date night" and in return, they will do the same for us another night.
Well.... it would be much easier to put all the kids in the same room until the parents come "home". They could all watch tv, play together, etc. The air mattress is for them to fall asleep on if it gets too late. Then the parents could lug the kiddos back to their own room when they get back.

And if the beds do not move, can I at least fit a twin mattress between the beds?

Thanks!

Jennifer.

The ASMo beds (as of last summer) were on standard frames, not pedestals. We moved the beds slighty to fit a frame/air mattress we bought from wall mart. Worked great. They cost $30 are almosat as good as a regular bed.

Thanks for the info on the beds. No one is going to be sleeping in them overnight...just until their parents get home from their date night. I guess sleeping bags would work just fine too...but I thought a single air mattress would actually be less bulky. I just wanted to know what my options were.....thanks Stephen!

Jennifer. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter