All Star Movies Super Duper FAQ/Answer Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ChairborneRangr, Oct 27, 2004.

1. dazednconfused

dazednconfused DIS Veteran

Thank you! We don't mind a 5-10min walk to a quiet room. And the Love Bug section is kinda cute!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

No zero entry.

It depends on what part of Mighty Ducks you're in. Also you have to cross a street to get to ASMu so be careful.

4. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Thank you. I am disabled so I was trying to find the shortest way to food and amenities! They only had a roll in shower room left in MD otherwise I would have preferred to be closer to the main food court and bus stop. But I will have fun anyway. I have a scooter. The theme looks great :-)

5. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

So I just booked this resort using the latest promo (P/S/D); we are DVC owners so I have never booked a cash reservation before. We're trying to not borrow points, and our APs just expired, and the deal was really good! I'm kind of excited about trying a new resort, but I have no idea what to expect.

From what I've gathered, they have now added a mini-fridge to the rooms, so that's good. Still no coffee pot though? That sounds like a reason by itself to upgrade to a preferred room!! Any other tips anyone can give me?

6. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Preferred rooms at Value resorts don't have coffee makers either.

7. Kathymford

I was thinking about preferred rooms for the closer walk to go get coffee!!

8. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Well that makes more sense, that's not how I read your original post.

9. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

Movies is a fun resort. I've stayed in the Love Bug section, not prefered, on short 3 night trip and it wasn't too bad. Last May I went with just my DD(9) so I booked a preferred room. Requested and got Dalmations as she loves dogs.

You could always bring a coffee maker with you. The stuff they have in the food court is awful and I'm not picky. I switch to coke for caffeine rather than try to drink that stuff.

10. AnjieNet

AnjieNet DIS Veteran

I assume irons and hair dryers are still available in the rooms? I don't think we even had to request them last stay...

11. Paula Sedley-Burke

I read that somebody left a DVD in the entertainment centre in the room. I didnt think ASMo had DVD players in the room. Before I get my hopes up anybody know if it does or not?

Tia

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Hi Anjie! I know you!!!

From June 2012

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Kathymford

I currently have a standard room booked, but I'm considering upgrading to the preferred rooms. Which one is more likely to get booked up first (I'm booked in February; the week after President's Day)? Or does it not tend to sell out? Obviously, it's just a guess, but with the S/D/P deal going on right now, I want to know if I need to make a decision now to upgrade, or if I have some time?

14. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

Standard rooms at ASMo go pretty fast because there are so few of them. Most rooms at ASMo are Preferred.

15. wishing4PA

wishing4PA Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or

Agreed. Granted it was a few years ago, but for our February 2009 trip I wanted standard. But when I booked it in December, only Preferred was available. (The resort didn't seem to be full, though? Not sure about that, just an impression. Our trip was 2/7 to 2/14, not Pres. Week.)

16. AnjieNet

AnjieNet DIS Veteran

Thanks, Dee!

Flat Ben just might need that hair dryer, you know! :)

17. Kathymford

Thanks for the responses. I think I will keep my standard room until I'm SURE I can upgrade!

18. Paula Sedley-Burke

Can somebody kindly remind me what products are in the rooms? Is it the lovely h2o products? Tia

19. jessthemix

jessthemix Mouseketeer

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but perhaps you could update the original post. The rooms are now equipped with small refrigerators. There is no longer an extra charge.

20. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

The person who started this thread hasn't updated it in 2 years. I don't think he posts here anymore.

21. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

It's the crappy H20 combo of shampoo and conditioner. It's awful.